Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-07, 04:05 PM  
spacecandy

Margaret

I'm another one that enjoyed Margaret's earlier shows. Where I live now her shows aren't shown.

Rose thanks for the head up on the free s/h I just ordered her Body Electric Classic Collection The price is reasonable,I think, because you are getting 4 of her wos (her older ones too) .
spacecandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-07, 05:54 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

I can' find the "Raising the Bar" on her website. Where do you think I can find it?
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-07, 06:42 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska
I can' find the "Raising the Bar" on her website. Where do you think I can find it?
I was going to say it's only available in VHS but it's not even listed on her site in VHS. Hmm, you might have to find it used somewhere. I think it was produced by Greg Twombly.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-07, 07:53 PM  
icey

I think I will take the dive on Margaret, too. My sister watches her on PBS and tapes her shows. So, I sent her this link and she is going to cave, too.
Old 03-11-07, 08:05 PM  
stephanie_932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I would like to purchase a video/dvd from Margaret Richards, especially now since she is offering free shipping until March 17th!!!!! Could anyone recommend her best lower body one? I really would like to work on my lower body and not use heavy weights - can anyone recommend one of hers please??????????

Thanks, Rosemary
Geeeeeeeeeeeeeee, THANKS, Rose!!! I just had to save the $7.00 and order the 2 Unplugged DVDs I don't have because of this sale!!! LMAO.......I'm so easily enabled!
Old 03-11-07, 08:27 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

This is my favorite MR story to tell. I found her show a couple weeks ago and made a point of doing the workout. She started with triceps and said we wouldn't be using any weight. Oh, puleeeeeeze, I though.

The woman made me cry uncle! With no weight! That is what Margaret Richard is all about - torture with a smile.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-07, 09:52 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I love her "Getting Better" video only available on VHS. I used it all last winter when I was nursing my ankle injury. The first time I did it-I did the entire hour long workout and could hardly move the next day. I split it in two workouts, now.

Maybe I should get some new Margarets.

Jackie
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-07, 10:09 PM  
KathAL79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta
She will kill you softly with a smile.
This is the best way to describe Margaret. She is very gracious in person, too, even as she's slaying your muscles, including with some innovative exercises. I almost didn't make it up the stairs to leave the gym after the VF class with her...

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-07, 04:26 AM  
stephanie_932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy
This is my favorite MR story to tell. I found her show a couple weeks ago and made a point of doing the workout. She started with triceps and said we wouldn't be using any weight. Oh, puleeeeeeze, I though.

The woman made me cry uncle! With no weight! That is what Margaret Richard is all about - torture with a smile.

OMG, Lexy!!! I did this workout (I think it is program 12 w/ Rob Thomas) on Friday. I told my husband yesterday, when the DOMS were very apparent, about the exercises. I then made HIM do them for half as long as what MR had us do them........he was impressed.
Old 03-12-07, 07:44 AM  
muffins135

Where is the info. regarding the free shipping? I'm just about over the edge.

Michele
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body bar, bodybar, margaret richard