Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-16-07, 08:49 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

My all-time favorite is the Body Electric Workout. It's on the Classics DVD and is pretty old but she definitely works you hard. I like her older workouts better, including the Sculptures.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-07, 09:53 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

question

How are the "Unplugged" tapes? The usual MR style? Only weights I assume, right?
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-07, 05:02 AM  
stephanie_932

I love the "Unplugged" Series!!!! I have all 4 of them (it took a half a year to purchase them ...... lol). If you want "BANG for your buck" get Volume 1 because there are 8 episodes on this one. That comes out to a little over $6 for a workout!

Yes, these don't have music and that bothered me before........but, now I love the solitude when doing these. I really get to concentrate on my form. My favorite way to use these are to put them on after one of iCycle's 20 min. workouts.......then finish everything up with a 10-15 min. stretch. That rounds out to about an hour and I have done cardio and strength for the day. The 25 mins. is just perfect.

I'm anal about going in order, so I'll start with episode #1........and keep working through until I'm all done......that takes about a month and I've never seen the same workout..........I love these!!!

She's working on editing her 2007 episodes now, if she has a presale........I'm there!
Old 05-17-07, 06:37 AM  
sundari

Except for the Unplugged's they all have music. It is nice smooth jazz or musical some vocals some not.

In the Unplugged's I believe you could hear the birds and wind (nature sounds) as well as her cueing. I don't have that one but maybe someone will chime in about it.
Old 05-17-07, 07:07 AM  
dsr4

Have not read the whole thread but I only have two words: Home Improvement. Slays me every time!

Donna
dsr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-07, 07:57 AM  
sherry7899

Stephanie,

Will Margaret's 2007 workouts get to air on PBS? I keep checking, but they're still showing the 1900 series.

Thanks!
Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-07, 04:34 PM  
stephanie_932

Sherry,

I saw a post on her boards where someone mentioned that she was getting the new 2007 episodes...........but, then, Margaret posted that she couldn't have seen them because they were being edited.......lol

So, hopefully you will........but, I don't know when!
Old 05-17-07, 05:57 PM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardengirl
I have Good N Strong. The scenery is outside by a creek and the music is a light jazz. Nothing I recognized, but nice (if you like jazz).

I love Jazz, and wish there were more workouts with it in, that is probably why I still have not traded my karen voight stuff, her older stuff seem jazzy to me.
By the way can anyone name all the margarets which are done outside, and all the margarets which have jazzy type music please?. I am interested in them.

Calistro
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-07, 06:24 PM  
sherry7899

Calistro,

I think only Good N Strong, Triple Threat, Fitness Becomes You, and a stretch workout were filmed outdoors.

I'm sorry I can't answer your music question.

HTH-
Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-07, 11:52 AM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899
Calistro,

I think only Good N Strong, Triple Threat, Fitness Becomes You, and a stretch workout were filmed outdoors.

I'm sorry I can't answer your music question.

HTH-
Sherry

Thanks Sherry

Calistro
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
margaret richard