Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-30-16, 11:10 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
I think tractor butt is the wide kind as well and with a certain definition that might be boxy or something. I seem to remember Firm threads about this in the day and will say doing only the Firm gave me a similar butt which I don't have anymore. It's a little more rounded now.
I think you're confusing tractor butt with SpongeBob SquareButt.

Edit: Not to be confused with pancake a$$

Last edited by Crescent Moon; 11-30-16 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Clarification
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-16, 11:16 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Old 11-30-16, 11:18 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Costello View Post
I think you're confusing tractor butt with SpongeBob SquareButt.
It kinda looks similar? No? Equally (un)attractive???
Old 11-30-16, 11:27 PM  
Vantreesta

I assumed tractor butt is what we call farmer butt, which is to say practically nonexistent, no roundness or shape, flattened like a pancake. Yes? No?

What I plan to not do in 2017 that I have done for far too long is be a workaholic. I feel like I should watch A Christmas Carol every 3 months to remind me of the things that are more important than work! And the flip side is what do I plan to do in 2017 that I didn't do in 2016. That answer is get back to working out nearly every day and actually training more properly for races and other fun events. And to cuddle more with my dogs and crochet and read. And to not feel guilty when I sit on the couch and just watch TV without multitasking.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 12:00 AM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
It kinda looks similar? No? Equally (un)attractive???
Perhaps they are one and the same. SpongeBob SquareButt is city, while tractor butt is country. Not sure where pancake a$$ falls (pun intended).

And to make sure I stay on topic, I am not going to spend nearly as much time in 2017 on my pancake/tractor/SquareButt a$$ as I did in 2016!
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 01:07 AM  
Helen

Looking around at Tractor Butt, Farmer Butt, ... found a lot of "Farm Fresh Butt Nuggets" with images of hens, eggs, & nests. Is that a thing? to call eggs "Butt Nuggets?" Weird to go from a monosyllabic word to a 3-syllable phrase that's unpleasant.

As to what am I NOT doing in 2017 that I did a lot of in 2016?
Unpaid Overtime! that results in LESS workout time, and MORE body.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 02:29 AM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Well, if tractor butt acted like a tractor beam in Star Trek, it would drag over anything you wanted in the vicinity with an irresistible force.

Hey, if there can be a yoga butt there can be a tractor butt!

I'm probably not going to do anything different in the next year as I seem to have found a sweet spot despite six months of chronic but not debilitating illness--30-45 minutes of focused cardio, weights, CS/Essentrics/Hamelin (although I have a limited Hamelin tolerance) or yoga a day, plus aiming for 10K+ steps perday.

Also no focus on losing weight--I oscillate on about an 8-10 pound axis between lowest and highest over the course of a year but don't vary from that. I'm 63 and won't ever look like I'm 25 again, and that's OK. I'm still strong and flexible and that's what counts.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 03:48 AM  
Pippadog

Hi

I'm from the UK so I've never heard of 'tractor butt' lol. But no jumping on and off aerobic steps for me. I am sick to death of Cathe workouts that want me to jump onto steps with two rises, or three rises. I fail to see how jumping onto steps is considered 'intermediate'. I usually love Cathe but each cardio workout developed gets harder and harder on my knees. I think I may be joining the KCM team.

Laura
Pippadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 08:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Another who will not be doing Barre3. I didn't get a tractor butt, it actually helped my balance, but it hurt my back and the over-exuberance caused me to dread working out with them.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 08:40 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Another who will not be doing Barre3. I didn't get a tractor butt, it actually helped my balance, but it hurt my back and the over-exuberance caused me to dread working out with them.
While I enjoyed barre workouts, they hurt my up-until-then healthy knees. So no barre for me either. What I most certainly will be doing however, is pilates. Pilates does wonders for my lower back and abs. And butt! Definitely no tractor butt with pilates!

Tags
pancake a$$, resolutions, spongebob butt, tractor butt