Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-20-12, 10:27 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed_mom_to_3 View Post
You would think that a thread on embarrassing workouts would not be an enabling one....

http://www.greggainshealthmatrix.com/
Only 12.95 shipped on dvd! I'm in! (I'm really considering this....I do love Christmas stuff...)
Is Santa a background exerciser?
I agree! You really would think this should not be an enabling thread....
I want it too...

I guess mine would be La Toya Jackson's Step Up Workout.

Woo!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 10:30 AM  
blessed_mom_to_3

I am extremely relieved that I'm not the only one being enabled by this thread....lol....

And....La Toya? There just aren't words for that clip. Oh my. Makes me want to get a yellow leotard. (Or not.)
blessed_mom_to_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 10:33 AM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSong View Post
Yeah, now I'm interested, although there is a warning about the production not being up to current standards. I'd love to exercise to Christmas music.
I'm desperate for a clip.
blessed_mom_to_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 10:41 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I guess my most embarrassing one is the original Buns of Steel, which I bought on DVD and still haven't tried.
I think I have a few old Denise Austin VHS tapes as well, with her working out in a bikini. But I actually prefer these to her newer videos.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 10:47 AM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed_mom_to_3 View Post
You would think that a thread on embarrassing workouts would not be an enabling one....
VF is Bizarro world in that regard. Kind of like the bad Spock in the alternate universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
I have the Roller Derby Workout (I love that one, actually)
Details please LOL!!
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 10:52 AM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSong View Post
Yeah, now I'm interested, although there is a warning about the production not being up to current standards. I'd love to exercise to Christmas music.
What is up with that? I can't believe more instructors don't make holiday workouts. I would love some Halloween or Christmas workouts. Heck, I would take an Easter bunny workout at this point LOL I've sent the holiday suggestion to Leslie (come on, how hard is it to decorate her bland set and add a few holiday tunes) but no luck. Seriously, it would be a money maker and you would think it would be a fun project for the instructor. Maybe Amy Bento would be up for the suggestion. She seems open to a little fun.
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 10:52 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I suppose all of my John Friends would qualify.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 11:01 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post
I can't believe more instructors don't make holiday workouts. I would love some Halloween or Christmas workouts. Heck, I would take an Easter bunny workout at this point LOL I've sent the holiday suggestion to Leslie (come on, how hard is it to decorate her bland set and add a few holiday tunes) but no luck. Seriously, it would be a money maker...
Maybe but imo nothing dates, or limits, a workout faster than a holiday-themed one. And it could definitely run the risk of being too 'cutesy' or 'precious'.
I, for one, would never buy one but then I have no problem doing regular workouts around the holidays.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 11:05 AM  
mandie123

I have to admit to buying the "body flex" also,oh and I also got her book lol
mandie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 11:08 AM  
upperwside

The Situation workout. I have a friend who watched the Jersey Shore.. she was a lawyer and a history buff like me... so i thought it was so funny tthat she watched that kind of show.. i guess i should not judge as i never saw the show... but i read and heard enogh about it to know that is is pure crap (imo). SO.. she bought the workout for me as a joke. Did it try it.. yes i did.. twice. Not a bad workout at all... cheesey.. but good weight work with some cardio intervals. Did i keep it.. yup.. still have and may pop it in one day again. The Situation guy is kind-of funny and seems like a nice guy.. just not my type in any way what so ever....
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
embarrassing workouts, fun workouts, holiday workouts, ridiculous workouts, workout titles