Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-10-12, 08:27 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
Ha! You're kind, AofE. Frankly, I'm not crazy about mine and my husband couldn't care less (though he thinks it's hilarious when I wear yoga pants while we're running errands after class because he can tattletale on things I'm oblivious to). For me, being at the right weight makes for a great rear view, more so than doing all the fanny lifter, deadlift, squats, kettlebell, barre exercises etc. in the world. I store weight in that area, kinda like a camel. Those exercises just lend some gentle tweaking once I get to a size 4. In fact, if I wore a size 4 blue jean right now, I'd be so into this stuff, I'd probably have to join Fanny Lifters/Deadlifters Anonymous. The problem is that I don't get to see my butt as often as others do, so it's hard to muster any ambition for it. (That's okay, though. There are things like world hunger to worry about, too ... )
A Camel! LOL!!

Wasn't it Gin Miller that said "If you're going to have a Big Butt, have a GREAT Big Butt!"

I grew up in an area that bordered a large urban area. When I was kid I remember hearing women wanting to lose weight but never in the butt, they wanted it bigger. It was something that I think influenced me to have Butt-Love for my Bubble. I don't store it there like a camel, I store evenly throughout my body, but to feel it all round and awesome, makes me smile regardless of what size and how much space it takes up. I thank the ladies with the Bubble Butt-Love for teaching me this as a child. As long as I can bounce a quarter off of it, size is no issue.

I loved the part in Cathe's Low Max where she would do the slap-clap; show it some love, baby! But now I'm really off topic here!

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-12, 08:44 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
Wasn't it Gin Miller that said "If you're going to have a Big Butt, have a GREAT Big Butt!"
I love that quote! A wise woman, there!
Quote:
I grew up in an area that bordered a large urban area. When I was kid I remember hearing women wanting to lose weight but never in the butt, they wanted it bigger. It was something that I think influenced me to have Butt-Love for my Bubble. I don't store it there like a camel, I store evenly throughout my body, but to feel it all round and awesome, makes me smile regardless of what size and how much space it takes up. I thank the ladies with the Bubble Butt-Love for teaching me this as a child. As long as I can bounce a quarter off of it, size is no issue.

I loved the part in Cathe's Low Max where she would do the slap-clap; show it some love, baby! But now I'm really off topic here!
Hilarious, AofE! You're very lucky that you store evenly ... And I seriously wish I hadn't traded Low Max, now! ... You know, that's a good point. My beloved adopted city is the poster child for bubble butt love. Unfortunately, my Midwestern family saw it as something to hide in shame, certainly never to promote. It gets humorous sometimes. When I'm in a community dressing room, I've occasionally declared a pair of jeans hopeless because my rear looks too big, only to have fellow citizens furiously insist I purchase those same jeans because my rear looks big. I've had a couple tell me they want to get surgical implants! Beauty is all in the eye of the beholder.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-12, 08:53 PM  
Sara1000

I'm getting confused, but I want a big round butt!
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-12, 10:01 PM  
Sharaz

Right beauty is on the eye of the beholder Maybe some think that a bubble butt is way to big, but when I see some pointing out a great butt I can't help and think "where is the butt, I don't see anything" I have a different perspective of what a butt is I guess. I'm sooo use to walk and men stares at my butt. I always had received compliments all my life, is my trademark. So, I do love my bubble butt. very much and want to keep it that way.

I recommend if you are looking for a bubble butt not a lifted hard butt. Something like J-lo or Jennifer Nicole Lee. I mean the one with mass. If you squeeze you will see the muscle up. Heavy/low reps deadlift, lunges, hip trust and squats to add mass. Higher reps for maintenance as mine because it came that way naturally. On my regular rotation "butt day" I always include step ups on my bench. I also add the back leg extension to hit the butt and hamstrings at the same time. Now that I have JNL, I think I'm covered now with Fusion Lower Body and Ballistic Back workouts. She perform all of the traditional exercises that I mentioned and more. I was looking for something like this and finally found the perfect butt workouts for me. I think JNL slimmed my legs too, because yesterday I got a short on size small and I'm always being a medium.
Old 06-10-12, 10:07 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
I'm getting confused, but I want a big round butt!
Then if you said barre style works for you, do both high rep/Barre and heavy weights. Alternate it. Do some barre, Jari Love, or Traice Long for a couple of weeks then alternate it with heavier weights like you see with Cathe, KCM, and some Firms. Even the BSS-ers Firms with the Leg Presses, just be sure to really dig into the heels and use a lower height to concentrate on the glutes and hamstrings. Those two muscle groups right there are your sweet-spot to aim for if you want to build the butt of your dreams! If you need to, practice walking up the stairs. Sounds odd, but it works. I used to feel walking/running of the stairs of my house in my quads and thighs. Over the past year bc of knee issues, I've put the weight of my step into the heels and now when I go up the stairs, I feel it mostly in my glutes/hamstrings with my quads only slightly.

Practice and training both the slow and fast twitch fibers of the muscles. You'll round it and build it. Body type will play a roll in the size and shape of your "build up" but it can happen.

And Breezy- I got rid of Low Max too and I wish I wouldn't have done that either!

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann

Last edited by Artist of Eyes; 06-11-12 at 12:09 AM. Reason: typ
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-12, 10:39 PM  
Sharaz

AOE - good advice about the stairs. Thanks for the reminder because I love to do those too on at the park bleachers or at my building. Alternating steps goes deep into a lunge and side steps is another variation. I have a stairs circuit that came on the last Oxygen Mag issue. I'm waiting for the weather cool off a litte to go to the park. I'll try to posted it later on. Is really good...I imediately wanted to do it
Old 06-11-12, 06:38 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Then if you said barre style works for you, do both high rep/Barre and heavy weights. Alternate it. Do some barre, Jari Love, or Traice Long for a couple of weeks then alternate it with heavier weights like you see with Cathe, KCM, and some Firms. Even the BSS-ers Firms with the Leg Presses, just be sure to really dig into the heels and use a lower height to concentrate on the glutes and hamstrings. Those two muscle groups right there are your sweet-spot to aim for if you want to build the butt of your dreams! If you need to, practice walking up the stairs. Sounds odd, but it works. I used to feel walking/running of the stairs of my house in my quads and thighs. Over the past year bc of knee issues, I've put the weight of my step into the heels and now when I go up the stairs, I feel it mostly in my glutes/hamstrings with my quads only slightly.
Practice and training both the slow and fast twitch fibers of the muscles. You'll round it and build it. Body type will play a roll in the size and shape of your "build up" but it can happen.

And Breezy- I got rid of Low Max too and I wish I wouldn't have done that either!
Yes! That's what I found when I started working my posterior chain muscles (glutes/hamstrings). When I go upstairs now I can consciously engage my glutes and hamstrings and it totally takes the strain off my knees versus how I used to do it...with my quads. Having an awesome strong butt will save your knees ladies!!!

Also I wanted to comment on the topic of aesthetics and women bemoaning the bubble butt issue. I never used to think about what my butt looked like...I just wanted it to be smallish. Well, after PT taught me about how important it was to have stronger glutes and hamstrings for my knee problems I started working it more and more. I have a nice round butt now and my hubby LOVES it! I am suddenly getting compliments on a body party I never thought much about before! A few months ago we were at a birthday party and I noticed my husband had this funny look on his face...a mixture of being pleased and ticked off. I said "what?". He said, "that guy was just checking out your butt!"
Old 06-11-12, 08:19 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Uh oh. I've gone back to the FL recently to try to tone my legs. I don't want a bigger butt! My butt is flat and I'm not sure why I'd want to make it round. Maybe I should try something else

PS. I've heard the thut called the bu-thigh area.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-12, 09:16 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Uh oh. I've gone back to the FL recently to try to tone my legs. I don't want a bigger butt! My butt is flat and I'm not sure why I'd want to make it round. Maybe I should try something else

PS. I've heard the thut called the bu-thigh area.
I wouldn't worry about it, at least not yet.

One of my best fitness purchases ever is the Firm tall box. It gets used all the time.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-12, 12:28 PM  
Pascal

I gain weight first and foremost in my hips and butt. I'm overweight right now because I eat so poorly (my fault and nobody else's). And I am injured so I cannot workout BUT(T) - back in the day I did only Firm workouts and used the Fanny Lifter about 5 times a week and my roommate at the time said to me one day "I would kill for your butt," and I never ever ever had a nice butt ever - not even when I was in my teens!!! It was always so big and not in a good way but in a blobby, flabby way. So the Fanny Lifter definitely helped my rear view back in the day!!! I should also point out that I ate much less and much healthier then.

Tags
butt, fanny lifter, glutes, heels elevated, results, spongebob butt