Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-09, 08:40 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Bearcatfan- OMG I love your avatar!!!!! A vidiot is born Was that your Mom's Jane Fonda workout album?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-09, 08:45 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Okay, butt is better as a word...but I still am glad to learn Janis redid that cover...her BUTT did nothing for me

Now, Bearcat has brought up another problem with these "adult" titles:

Quote:
It's amazing how close workout dvd titles sound to "adult" titles.

Maybe *that's* why they are always in the "special interest" section.
There have been occasions I haven't been able to pull up some workouts because of the protections we have on this computer...the titles have been that "offensive"!!!
Old 09-07-09, 09:24 AM  
MJ525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri View Post
Hmmm, how do these sound? Brand New Seat and More, I Want That Seat, Better Body Better Seat, Amped Rockin' Seat. Kinda makes me think were talking auto upholstery!

Kerri
Love that LOL
MJ525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-09, 09:33 AM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Bearcatfan- OMG I love your avatar!!!!! A vidiot is born Was that your Mom's Jane Fonda workout album?
That's Jane's book (back in the olden days - Christmas of 1982, I think). And it was on my Christmas list .... some things never change.
Old 09-07-09, 05:30 PM  
carole r.

I hate titles with buns, booty, belly, jiggle, etc. in them. I buy most of my workouts at the store and I don't want to get any weird looks from the clerk. Didn't Richard Simmons have a workout with a title like "Dance your pants off?" Then there were the "nude" workouts: I saw "Nude Yoga" at the store once and I think there might be a Nude Tai Chi out there too. I hope there's not a Nude Rebounding. Oh I forgot about Slow and Heavy(Cathe?). Is it's counterpart "Quck and Light?"
Old 09-07-09, 07:27 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by carole r. View Post
Then there were the "nude" workouts: I saw "Nude Yoga" at the store once and I think there might be a Nude Tai Chi out there too.
If you check out the reviews for these on Amazon, you'll note that they're [cough] not actually "workout" DVDs.
Old 09-07-09, 08:00 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattymoomom View Post
As soon as I saw this thread I thought of "Brand New Butt and More." More what?

The picture on the cover of that DVD was also cringe worthy! Does anyone remember that horrible picture?
Indeed. This was on a library shelf: this must've been shortly after I read about the cover on VF, since I probably wouldn't have looked otherwise. I immediately reshelved it, especially as the exercise videos happened to be in the aisle to the children's library. Obviously (to me), the thought of checking it out never seriously crossed my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carole r. View Post
I hate titles with buns, booty, belly, jiggle, etc. in them. I buy most of my workouts at the store and I don't want to get any weird looks from the clerk.
I don't like these things either, for similar reasons. I'm not into being confused with someone who buys workout videos for titillation. This sort of imagery may get others to buy some workout or another (whether or not they actually plan on exercising to the workout ), but for multiple reasons it doesn't work on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
but I think the "Dance Your Ass Off" "Skinny Bitch" etc. titles come off more as snarky-childish than clever-audacious. No cringing but maybe a roll of the eyes.
And I agree here, too. I'm not a 11-year-old boy, so why treat me like one?
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-09, 08:11 PM  
Kerri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
I was trying to think of the title of that one (I was thinking "boobs," but was sure that wasn't it, LOL!). Again, how is my 'bust' getting worked during this workout?
Reminds me of that old grade school chant, "We must, we must, we must improve our bust, for fear, for fear, for fear they'll disappear!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10
'Butts and Guts' is so crass and crude and frat-boy sounding. I thought Cathe was joking when she announced that title.
This one always grosses me out. Makes me think of disecting frogs in 10th grade biology!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikiwah
this is pretty bad but....

when I first bought Jari Loves "Ripped to the Core" by boyfriend said it sounded like prison rape.
Yikes! Now I have to get that image out of my head before I try this workout. It's still a virgin for me, afterall!

Kerri
Kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-09, 12:53 AM  
juberann

Another vote for Michael Carsen's GET SEXY!! what was he thinking?? I hate the title so much that if his future workouts have the same stupid title, I won't by them,no matter how great the workout.Dumb, I know but I truly hate the title that much and find it very offensive (like getting sexy is the reason to exercise, give me a break, it's about so much more then that, or at least it should be).

Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-09, 07:25 AM  
Orsina

I apologize because this isn't an actual title - it's a cringe-worthy moment from a DVD. I was living in a hotel for a month with several co-workers and we were doing DVDs together in the hotel gym every morning. They wanted to try Cathe's 4DS kickboxing, and all I could think of was that moment when Cathe says (while doing squats) "Come on, I want some warm thighs!" I find this excruciating even when I'm working out alone.

We did a KickMax premix instead.
Orsina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
get sexy, workout titles