Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-09-22, 02:23 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
I really like the lower body floor workout on Smithey's Original Buns of Steel! That is the only part of the workout that I do. The lower body floor work segment is 27 minutes (Legs = 14 minutes; Inner Thighs = 7 minutes and on all 4's is 6 minutes). It's a very effective lower body workout. I don't mind Smithey's goofy comments.
I have this workout and don't mind the goofy comments. I have yet to finish the floor work. It slays me!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-22, 02:57 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I have this workout and don't mind the goofy comments. I have yet to finish the floor work. It slays me!
Original BOS slays me too. I have to split up the floor work into separate sessions because it’s tough. The first segment (side-lying aka the segment where he mentions cheeseburgers) is 14 minutes of hell! The all-fours and inner thigh section is not as grueling but I need to work up to doing it with the cheeseburger segment.

I’d like to get back to doing this more frequently because it is effective. For awhile I was doing it in the evenings and it did not make me sweat (although it hurts). I’ve also used as a finisher following a short cardio routine.

BTW, Greg’s comments crack me up!
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 10:30 AM  
Garrie A.

***FEW MONTHS OLD THREAD ALERT***

When this thread was first posted, it prompted me to pull out my Original BOS VHS (that I bought at Goodwill) and finally do it. I must say, that I was both impressed and disappointed. Greg's comments didn't bother me (they went in one ear and out the other), and I appreciated the diversity of the cast. Onto the actual workout. Note that I skipped the (useless IMHO) arm work and went right on to the floorwork.

Personally, when it comes to lower body floorwork, I like workouts that rep you out and/or end up having you scream "I WANT MY MOMMY!!" at the TV. The side lying section had me screaming for Mom, but the all 4s work was very disappointing as it was way too easy. I was hoping Greg would equally rep me out there, but sadly he didn't. Just when I was beginning to feel it, he started his 8 rep countdown. Now granted, I could remedy that by wearing ankle weights during that portion, though the side lying work was plenty challenging without ankle weights (and yes, I had to take several breaks). I could see combining the side lying portion of Original BOS with the floor work from Cathe's Great Glutes (major all 4s burnout there) for a killer bum burning on the mat. Hmmm....
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 06:09 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I used to always do Smithey's Floor work wearing ankle weights but I haven't been wearing ankle weights with that workout in the last couple of years. I still get a decent workout without the ankle weights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
the all 4s work was very disappointing as it was way too easy.
Garrie, you are right that the all 4's work is easy and short but that is OK with me now because I'm not as fond of all 4's work as I used to be.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buns of steel, floorwork, greg smithey, of steel