Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-25-22, 07:49 PM  
YogaGal

Today’s Workout – Kelly Coffey Meyer’s Workout #1 (with no rests premix) from Your Best Body dvd AND Yoga with Kassandra’s Morning Yoga Full Body Stretch . This yoga practice has some nice stretches and twists, including an interesting version of Thread the Needle in a Gate pose with one leg stretched out to the side.

It looks like Jessica Smith’s new dvds are finally getting closer to release as all are listed on amazon, but saying “Currently unavailable.” I’m waiting to see pricing options before buying. I don’t think I’d use the Walk a 5K that often since I prefer my indoor workouts to be closer to 30 minutes (not counting a yoga add-on) and some of the strength workouts are in the 40+ minute range. But then again, if the package deal for ALL of them is priced well, I may just spring for that versus spending quite a bit for select ones.

I went to the eye doctor last Friday for a new prescription. I like tortoise shell style frames which I’ve had for several years, but I am ready for something different and selected this for my new frame. It does have tortoise shell for the side pieces, and yes, it is a Kid’s frame which I need to fit my small face.

This weekend DH and I did a lot of much needed house cleaning, but also did a walk outside on Friday evening, a bike ride on Saturday evening, and Kassandra’s Afternoon Yoga Flow - Stretch & Energize (yes, DH joined me for this!) on Sunday evening.
Old 04-25-22, 08:33 PM  
YogaGal

cyana: DH was helpful with my setting up Medicare since he’s already been through it. I also have a contact from my former employer (the one I currently have insurance from) to help me explore my options. I was leaning toward the same Advantage plan DH has; but when we were both looking at the options, we compared it to another one which looked slightly cheaper for the same options. So, I selected that one. I thankfully have had minor medical expenses for most of my life (the highest expense so far being two dental implants not covered by my dental insurance), so the Traditional Medicare didn’t seem to be the best option for me.
Old 04-25-22, 08:34 PM  
YogaGal

Sandra: I also try to space out my workouts so I don’t repeat one within a couple or 3 months. I do make exceptions if I really like something, or if it is new, or if I just screw up and didn’t realize that I just did it the week before ! (The last option happened to me a few months ago.)

Margot: Thanks for sharing the Sunrise Yoga practice from Joelle; I haven’t done that one before, but it is on my to-do list now!

Beth: Funny that you are fantasizing about retirement! Probably in part because you are hearing about it from so many people who post here. Most of my nearby relatives have been retired for years now, so I know that has played a role in my getting anxious for my time to arrive. LOVE your Van Gogh Yoga pictures; 3 and 6 from your album are my favorites and #1 is a great picture you could use for a profile photo anywhere you might need one.

Paine: Hope you recover quickly from that sore throat. Do you think it might be related to springtime allergies?

Pat: Glad to hear from you. Hope things go well on Wednesday for getting your stitches removed. Strolling around on the sand and going to an organic café sounds like good self-care, just what you need right now!
Old 04-25-22, 08:45 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Wait, Daryl Hannah and Neil Young are married? Since 2018? How did I miss that?
(Totally random Monday Musings.)

Happy Birthday eve to me! Just made my own dessert (half recipe, in a pie dish):
https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/ma...ip-cookie-pie/

Carolyn, I definitely fantasize about retirement!!! Even though I'm only turning 54 tomorrow, I'm now the oldest on our staff of 8...by quite a bit (good thing my one friend at work is 2 years older). At some point I'd like to maybe transition to part time; we'll see. Thanks for your nice comments about my photos! I changed my Facebook profile to #3 and was thinking of changing the photo here, but I'm kind of attached to my current VF avatar since it actually shows me doing video fitness! I LOVE your new frames! Are they like a translucent gray on the front?

Paine, feel better soon!

Sandra, hope your rehab work didn't tweak anything today.

cyana, sounds like a tough routine yesterday.

Hope everyone made it through "MOAN"-day without too much groaning.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 08:01 AM  
Twigs

Happy Birthday Beth!

Have a wonderful day of celebration and wishing you much happiness, great health and prosperity in the year ahead.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 08:03 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks so much, Margot! I'm working today but took tomorrow off.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-26-22, 08:08 AM  
Garrie A.

Popping in to wish Beth a

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 08:11 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thank you Garrie - nice to see you!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-26-22, 08:17 AM  
cyana

Happy Birthday, Beth!!!

Best wishes for many years of good health and happiness.

Waves to Garrie - good to see you!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 08:25 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR BETH!!! Are you doing anything special for your birthday?
Oh, that Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie looks delicious!

Carolyn, those are nice looking frames.
My sore throat isn't from springtime allergies. My daughter had the sore throat a week earlier and I likely caught it from her.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, vagus nerve