Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-24, 01:25 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Essentrics streaming - to renew or not to renew

I've been streaming CS/Essentrics for a few years. The renewal is coming up and I'm not sure I'll continue. I have some dvd's and since I know many of the moves enough to follow (by no means an expert), I wonder if I might like Miranda's new book. Even though there is so much content on the platform, I find myself doing the same favorites most of the time, anyway, or pulling out my older dvd's. I wish they would allow us to purchase downloads (or make more dvd's).

I'm not sure what I'm asking . Maybe just wondering how other people feel about it?
Old 02-14-24, 03:40 PM  
carly

Maybe you should start by taking a couple of months off. You can always sign up again. I am not sure what you are paying, but it appears the current price is $14.95/month or annually $11.95/month. You could also just buy a month here and there when you want to concentrate on the Essentrics program.

If you are interested in her new book I would suggest seeing if it is at your local library or bookstore so you can thumb through it before you buy. I didn't click with the book. If you are interested in doing and creating your own routines it is a good resource for the exercises.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-24, 09:18 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I'd definitely check out Miranda's book(s) from your library. It's mostly photos of the exercises.

I like the ease of ETV and a lot of the newer content. I get it though; if you're not using it regularly, maybe subscribe for a month here and there.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-24, 09:32 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I forgot that you can subscribe monthly. I've always paid for the year.

ETV is definitely convenient. The problem with all the live workouts is that unless I take notes, I can't keep them all straight. Sometimes I start one and realize, no, this isn't what I wanted. I like that we can download the workouts, as long as we're still subscribed. I use that for traveling.

My library only has the older books. I'll start there.
Old 02-15-24, 10:32 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I've been on the fence about renewing for the past few years. The live workouts don't cut it for me; I just don't like that they drop off after 14 days. I'd rather connect with a workout and be able to use it again. I'm also not a fan of some of the instructors; I miss Meg, Amanda, Jenny, and Sasha. Sahra does very few workouts anymore. There's just not enough new content that isn't targeted toward beginners (although I really enjoyed the pelvic health series). I end up doing a lot of older CS seasons and older Essentrics workouts; I can recite Class of 2012!

All that said, my annual renewal falls in January and it's usually during their end of year sale, so I've kept it going. But we'll see about this year and reevaluate.

(For what it's worth, though, I haven't been a huge fan of the other three sites that I'm currently streaming either in the past year. I think it has to do with the fact that streaming content is solely up to the company/person streaming and buying DVDs/downloads is up to my likes. So, I kind of feel like giving up the control of content for the ease is streaming is maybe why I'm not loving them, and I need to reevaluate.)
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-24, 03:54 PM  
Izzy

[QUOTE=Lori_Michigan;3022226]I've been on the fence about renewing for the past few years. The live workouts don't cut it for me; I just don't like that they drop off after 14 days. I'd rather connect with a workout and be able to use it again. I'm also not a fan of some of the instructors; I miss Meg, Amanda, Jenny, and Sasha. Sahra does very few workouts anymore. There's just not enough new content that isn't targeted toward beginners (although I really enjoyed the pelvic health series). I end up doing a lot of older CS seasons and older Essentrics workouts; I can recite Class of 2012!

I agree with most of this. Meg did do some live classes in the fall and early winter. I love Gail's classes and I like that she is a consistent instructor. I understand Sasha started his own business tied to training Essentrics. I just wish the live classes would stay in their library. It makes no sense to me why they drop them off. I did renew this year in January and I still use it consistently. I do like Ellyn and Alexia. I also agree a lot of content is for beginners. They did a survey which I appreciated but I wish they would consider some of the feedback from the survey.

I have another thought, they offer classes in their studio. It would be nice if they recorded them and put them on ETV.
Old 02-15-24, 08:35 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I've been on the fence about renewing for the past few years. The live workouts don't cut it for me; I just don't like that they drop off after 14 days. I'd rather connect with a workout and be able to use it again. I'm also not a fan of some of the instructors; I miss Meg, Amanda, Jenny, and Sasha. Sahra does very few workouts anymore. There's just not enough new content that isn't targeted toward beginners (although I really enjoyed the pelvic health series). I end up doing a lot of older CS seasons and older Essentrics workouts; I can recite Class of 2012!

All that said, my annual renewal falls in January and it's usually during their end of year sale, so I've kept it going. But we'll see about this year and reevaluate.
)
I think you’ve described how I feel. I know they’ve changed their philosophy a bit, but I still like the older, lower-body strength workouts. I find them more intense and effective.
I also like Amanda’s “release” workouts. I tend to do them often.
Old 02-15-24, 08:46 PM  
donnamp

I subscribed for the year this past December in what I call a "COVID Fog" when they offered he discount. I like Essentrics/Classical Stretch, but I'm not sure I need a yearly subscription. I own just about everything on DVD, and by having a subscription I feel compelled to use it, even if I'm not 100% in the mood for it and then I feel bad if I pick something I already own to stream! So I feel compelled to do the newer stuff or stuff that I don't own. I like the idea of subscribing for a month here or there when I feel like I want to focus on content I don't already own and that is probably what I will do when this subscription runs out.

Related to my COVID Fog was a subscription to lifetime access to Body Groove on demand! which I haven't used at all. *sigh*

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, essentrics, essentrics streaming, etv, miranda esmonde-white