Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-11, 07:18 PM  
sunshower

i like but don't love this workout. i agree about the slight dread factor and it has WAY too many curtsy lunges. i don't do it too often for those reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicavi View Post
I don't even do those moves where Angie is lifting or curling her leg. I haven't figured out how to effectively incorporate leg lifts/curls w/ a hip snap. I just do straight swings which I find works better for me.
totally agree. i always just do regular swings on these moves. i never liked the leg lift/curl thing.
Old 05-01-11, 08:35 AM  
Gardengirl

I like this one too, but what I like about it is being able to pick out which parts I want to do! I never do the whole thing.
Old 05-01-11, 05:58 PM  
Sophia

When this workout first appeared in the Collage catalog, I kept thinking she had Playboy Bunny ears on her head! The placement of the "p" and "b" in the title over her head makes it look like that when you just quickly gaze at or past it.
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 06:35 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
When this workout first appeared in the Collage catalog, I kept thinking she had Playboy Bunny ears on her head! The placement of the "p" and "b" in the title over her head makes it look like that when you just quickly gaze at or past it.
How funny! I bought this dvd over a year ago, but have not tried it yet. I was going to preview it this evening, which is why I happen to have it right here by my computer. You're right! It kinda looks like Playboy bunny ears on her head when you glance at the cover quickly!
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 06:51 PM  
DirtDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicavi View Post
I don't even do those moves where Angie is lifting or curling her leg. I haven't figured out how to effectively incorporate leg lifts/curls w/ a hip snap. I just do straight swings which I find works better for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshower View Post
totally agree. i always just do regular swings on these moves. i never liked the leg lift/curl thing.
Then I am not alone that its an odd movement! I was thinking I wasn't flexible enough. I like to do dvd's as they are designed, but with a heavier bell, I feel like it could cause problems.
DirtDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 08:38 PM  
Gardengirl

I don't do the leg lift either.
Old 05-02-11, 06:00 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardengirl View Post
I don't do the leg lift either.
Count me in, too! I am very cautious when it comes to my knees when I workout, something just doesn't feel right in my knee with that move, always felt it to be a super awkward exercise.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-11, 05:19 PM  
MM-Om

I was wondering if this workout could be done with a dumbell. TIA.
Old 07-12-11, 07:32 PM  
Buffgirl

I think this workout is for KB, it has a lo of swings, I don't think you should do it with a dumbell. I love this workout.
Buffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-11, 07:57 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I got this DVD and have previewed enough to take careful notes, but have yet to do the actual workout. I did not like the fact that the DVD listed only set 1,2, 3 and so on without saying what the exercises actually were in each set. So, I looked at the whole DVD and took notes and I have to say I really liked what I saw. Looks like a good kbell workout for those of us that are not kbell pros. I have to do this workout!

If anyone would like the breakdown, feel free to send me the PM.

Tags
angie miller, kettlebell bootcamp