Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-13, 08:50 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I do both TA and ART Method. I prefer TA, but I do like the ART Method also. I just can't see myself doing the ART Method 6 times a week. I already do two body weight circuits weekly, and adding 30 more push ups daily for 6 days a week would be way too much on my wrist.

It's only $6.99 per month and you can cancel anytime. Honestly, it is so cheap that it would be worth it to subscribe for a month to see if you click with Terri. Like with any instructors, Terri has her own quirks. Her rep count is always off, she talks a lot, and at times comes across as being ditzy. Some days it doesn't bother me, other days it does.
Thanks for your feedback Debbie!
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 09:14 PM  
raeven

Is this ART method high impact at all? I'm still dealing with PF issues and don't do any foot impact workouts. Which is why I got interested in TA in the first place! (obviously not her cardio workouts, hah!) Goodness knows I have a long way to go, and am working on getting back into a workout groove! Is this ART method doable by somebody with alot to lose?

Signed,
Willing to be enabled
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 09:19 PM  
sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeven View Post
Is this ART method high impact at all? I'm still dealing with PF issues and don't do any foot impact workouts. Which is why I got interested in TA in the first place! (obviously not her cardio workouts, hah!) Goodness knows I have a long way to go, and am working on getting back into a workout groove! Is this ART method doable by somebody with alot to lose?

Signed,
Willing to be enabled
There is zero impact, which is why I love it. I cannot do impact, period. Even rebounding and walking were hurting. In fact, before I started ART my knees, back, shins, hips and even feet hurt; I was even considering seated workouts if I had to. I have zero pain now and have never worked so hard in my life.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 10:13 PM  
raeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
There is zero impact, which is why I love it. I cannot do impact, period. Even rebounding and walking were hurting. In fact, before I started ART my knees, back, shins, hips and even feet hurt; I was even considering seated workouts if I had to. I have zero pain now and have never worked so hard in my life.
Oh wow! Now I am thoroughly intrigued! I guess I will have to do some morning reading on the forum here and digging into these to see. Are the lengths of the workouts on the shorter or longer side? 30 Minutes is really my longest these days. If they are longer, can they easily be broken apart?

Nevertheless, I really happy for you that they have worked out so wonderfully for you!!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-13, 12:42 AM  
Rachael1216

What are some of your favorite segments?
Rachael1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-13, 06:39 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMia View Post
I was a TA addict until I found the ART method...the results I've gotten, I feel, are similar to Sunday's...all-over definition and just a tighter look...plus I'm more flexible now than when doing TA exclusively...I love floor work and I believe that's why I was so drawn to TA...and I still think her workouts are good...but ART is the real deal...love, love, love everything about it...I think part of the secret in the fast results is the technique study and dynamic cardio toning that's incorporated into every workout. I feel like it's a fantastic deal at $6.99 a month for the unlimited classes too. Can't say enough good things about the method...plus Terri's great!
Posts like this (and Sunday's and Nat's) make me want to try ART. I already bought yoga blocks and I plan to do a rotation sometime this fall to shake things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
fuzzie, are you saying that the later omni is actually easier than the earlier omni or compared to the similar glutecentric level? I'm on 1.1 now and about to start 1.2.
No, what I meant is that I find earlier Omni (year 1) is more challenging than Glute but later (year 2) they are more comparable in intensity because Glute becomes more intense.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-13, 07:10 AM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

Does plank work (incl. push-ups) predominate in ART?
I've got wrist and rotator cuff issues --should I not even think about ART?
Old 08-10-13, 07:20 AM  
Kelj

Dvd

Has any one used her DVD?
Kelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-13, 09:21 AM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith L View Post
Does plank work (incl. push-ups) predominate in ART?
I've got wrist and rotator cuff issues --should I not even think about ART?
I have bad wrists and I did my first ART workout yesterday. I use Gripitz and it didn't bother me at all.

The first time I tried ART I wasn't feeling it at all. I turned it off after a few minutes. There was a dread factor and I had no motivation to complete it.

I thought maybe it was because the sound wasn't loud enough coming from the computer so I connected my speaker to it and did a workout last night and I liked it. My arms were killing me from all the plank work. I felt fully worked out after it was over and there was lots of ab work. I feel that these workouts will really strengthen and tighten up my middle which I desperately need right now. I'll probably try another workout today or tomorrow. I did the newer 45 minute DCT workout. I really liked the music.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-13, 10:22 AM  
yahoo205

Is there anywhere that gives an overview of each workout, particularly what equipment needed?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
art method, continuity, omnicentric, terri walsh, tracey anderson