Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-20, 12:02 PM  
amg

Amy Bento Advanced Step Challenge 3

I have been spending my extra time learning some complex step dvds mainly Seasun Zieger and Amy Bento. Amy's ASC 4 was the first complex step routine that I mastered so it's my favorite. I am now working on ASC 2 and like it. It's much easier after learning ASC 4 and Amy's style. I didn't like stepletic as much for some reason. So, do I need ASC 3? I guess where does it rank on your fun factor for Amy's step dvds.

Thanks!
Old 04-22-20, 12:51 PM  
owltx

I love Amy's step!! I mean, adore!!! Seasun's are the bomb too, she has the most fun choreo!

I did Amy's ASC first, much like you, I love it because it was the first one I conquered. I really think 2 and 3 are right up there as favorites. I will say though that we might have opposite tastes in Amy (because I absolutely love Stepletic, and 4 is my least favorite of hers), so maybe take this w/a grain of salt? But I would say 2 and 3 are pretty similar, and if you like 2 you will love 3. They both have really good fun choreo that works you, big time. They both have some pretty good premixes to mix things up - they both have a great power up section that is included in the premixes when you want some extra oomph. 3 has two excellent abs routine, and I really like the stretch on this one. Fun music. Classic fun and lively Amy, IMHO.
Old 04-22-20, 08:12 PM  
amg

Thanks Stephanie! That helped me decide to get ASC 3.

Today, I worked on ASC 2 again and I am loving it more each time as I memorize the choreo. I think ASC 3 is a safe bet for me if they are similar. And I like the clips that are on YouTube.
Old 04-23-20, 12:56 PM  
owltx

You will have to let us know what you think once you have had time to run through it a couple of times! I do think you will like it - get ready for a sweatfest!
Old 04-23-20, 01:11 PM  
bubbles76

Stephanie, I feel the same as you with Amy's step. Really like 2 and 3, 4 is kind of meh.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 02:36 PM  
manleym

How difficult is Amy's step to learn? Alot harder than Cathe's? I'm curious - I've always been afraid to try Amy's step because I've heard the choreography is pretty advanced, but everyone also posts how much fun they are.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 05:41 PM  
bergame
VF Supporter

Go for it! Amy is definitely a big step up from Cathe as far as the learning curve, but it is so worth it. Amy's routines make the time fly once your learn them, and her complexity makes the workouts always seem fresh.

I would warn you off ASC 5, however. I tried this again last week and still have not mastered it....and I've owned it for 6 years. (My notes from the first time I tried it say "hairiest choreo ever!") And this isn't even Amy's fault; she has a nice tutorial on ASC 5 but I don't have the patience to work through it.
bergame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 05:58 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergame View Post
Go for it! Amy is definitely a big step up from Cathe as far as the learning curve, but it is so worth it. Amy's routines make the time fly once your learn them, and her complexity makes the workouts always seem fresh.

I would warn you off ASC 5, however. I tried this again last week and still have not mastered it....and I've owned it for 6 years. (My notes from the first time I tried it say "hairiest choreo ever!") And this isn't even Amy's fault; she has a nice tutorial on ASC 5 but I don't have the patience to work through it.
Thanks for the encouragement and warning about ASC 5. That's really good information! I don't have many of Amy's workouts - a few, but not many. Any suggestions on "must-haves"? Step, weights, kickbox, etc. - can be any type. Thanks!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 08:27 PM  
bubbles76

Must have Amys - I really like her first series - Bootcamp, Abs and Stretch, All Step Challenge, All Cardio Pump, All Cardio Step, and All Pump. Her ASC2 is an absolute must, in my opinion. Also love her Drop Sets and Slo Mo Strength. It's been awhile since I've tried her Rumble and All Pump Xtreme, but I remember liking them a lot. I like her ASC 3 and 4. The music is great in Body Box, but it has awkward transitions for me.

ASC5....I want to love....but I cannot master the choreography. I just...can't lol!

ETA: I also like her 10 Minute Solution workouts that I've tried.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 09:33 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Thanks for the encouragement and warning about ASC 5. That's really good information! I don't have many of Amy's workouts - a few, but not many. Any suggestions on "must-haves"? Step, weights, kickbox, etc. - can be any type. Thanks!
Manelym- I like Kickbox Extreme, Body Box and Kickbox Surge and Core Training.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amy bento, amy bento step, asc3