Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-12-22, 09:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Ugh, flying by for now:

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 11
~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W1D7
~ Walk around neighborhood
~ 6,523 steps

I'll check back later!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-22, 02:20 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jari's Get Ripped & Jacked (Upper Body workout= 45 minutes without Jari's 5 minute warm up before each and every exercise)

I bought Jari's Ripped & Jacked at Mary's sale and did the upper body exercises for the first time today. Even though I got a good upper body workout, it is not a favorite. Get Ripped & Chiseled remains my favorite Jari workout. I was surprised that Jari doesn't lead the workout! She only does the exact same 5 minute warm-up before each and every body-part exercise. I don't need a warm-up before I exercise every body part. I didn't mind the man that led the workout and I liked that the exercises were done slowly but I don't know why Jari would call that her workout when she didn't lead any part of the workout other than the warm-up. All of the upper body exercises were OK but I didn't like the back exercises because I don't like working my back standing leaning forward. I still need to try the lower body segment and also the abs segment and see how I like those.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-22, 05:46 PM  
YogaGal

Today’s Workout – Jessica Smith’s Cardio Party from Walk Strong
AND Yoga with Kassandra’s 10-Minute Neck Stretches to Reduce Pain & Stiffness.

I have a tradition of doing Jessica's Cardio Party on my last day of work for the semester. I've forgotten occasionally, but certainly enjoyed the fun party vibe today. Then the yoga neck stretches are good as I hold tension there when I am anxious about getting everything completed before leaving for the summer.
Old 05-12-22, 08:09 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Carolyn, I don't think I've done that Kassandra routine before. I added it to try - I've had a lot of neck stiffness this past week!

Paine, I have that DVD; it is odd that Jari doesn't lead it. I find Robin overly goofy at times, but he's okay; I do like the DVD for when I want to do parts work. If you play the whole thing through, you won't get the warm-up, and if you chose one of the areas (like legs or shoulders), you'll only get the warm-up at the start of that section, not each exercise.

Pam, I am bad about previewing things, whether it be posts or emails.

Had a good meeting with my new boss Jaime today. It's only been 2 weeks, but he seems to be picking up on things quickly, and it's nice to see that we seem to be on the same page. My last day before my 2-month leave is 2 weeks from tomorrow!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-22, 10:28 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, with Ripped & Jacked, I did each body part exercise then went back to the menu so I could write down the exercises done and the weights I used. So, doing it that way the warm-up was done before each body part exercise. It's good to know that if I play it straight through, there won't be the same warm-up before each body part exercise. The workout is rather long though so I don't think I'd do it all in one go. Did you like the lower body segment and the abs segment?
Do you like the location of your new office?
Old 05-13-22, 08:28 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and a major TGIF! What a stressful week at the office. I never want to have to onboard two new employees in one week again. All my introvert alarms, bells and whistles have been going off and I just want to hide! Anyway:

~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W2D1
~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 12
~ Quick walk at beach
~ 6,413 steps

Unfortunately I couldn't take the long walk planned, because it was still very cold at the beach. After a quick spin I sat in my car and meditated on the birds and the ferries cruising by.

Beth, I'm happy for you that your new boss is working out.

Carolyn, thank you for sharing about the Kassandra neck practice. Thanks for the Medicare tip. That doesn't sound too, too bad compared to what I pay for insurance premiums at work now.

Nice workouts Pam, beautiful yin poses.

Sandra, your massage gun sounds helpful. Have you tried it on the shoulder areas yet?

Good morning to Paine, Cyana and anyone else who visits!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-22, 10:10 AM  
Twigs

Happy Friday!

I lost my mojo with working out over the past few days, mainly through lack of sleep. We've been busy in the garden though and yesterday bought 55 lavender shrubs that we now have to plant over the next few days.

Carolyn - Glad you're happy with your new glasses. I found an old pair of mine the other day with small rectangular bright red rims. They don't suit me at all. I don't know what I was thinking! Luckily, I only wear glasses for driving, so didn't wear them that much anyway.

Sandra - Congratulations on your upcoming retirement.

Beth - I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the Alexander technique, once you have the time to read the book. I took some personal classes many years ago and learned a lot about posture and how to move correctly.

Pat - It sounds as though you'll be ready for the weekend after such a hectic week.

Garrie - Nice to see you pop in. I was wondering how your quilt is coming along?

Waves to Pam, Paine, Cyana and all.

I hope to get in some gentle yoga this evening. Hope everyone has a great day.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-22, 10:26 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, the lower body segments of Get Ripped & Jacked are the same structure. IIRC, there is only a single lower body segment with squats and lunges, not separate workout for glutes, quads, hamstrings, etc. The abs is led by one of the female background exercisers (the one on the right if you're looking at the screen; I can't recall her name right now!). I think it's 4 total exercises, pretty standard stuff, but I do use it a as a stand-alone occasionally (I just skip over Jari's warm-up).

I haven't moved offices yet. I'm still waiting to get on the move schedule.

Margot, I'm sure I'll report back on AT once I have tried it!

Carolyn, I meant to say before - that's great that you like your new glasses!

TGIF all! DH & I are going to the graduate school graduation for our oldest niece (on his side) tonight; she is getting her master's in speech pathology after only 5 post-high school years total.

PS - I think the fact that I always use the "Quick Reply" button shows that if there is a shortcut to anything, I will find/use it!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-22, 11:50 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: 15 Minute Standing Abs Workout
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37a9...XpooA&index=10
Yoga with Bird’s 10-Minute Everyday Yoga Stretch (DAY 7) 7 Day Morning Yoga Challenge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krhW...l=YogaWithBird

I saw that Carolyn did Yoga with Bird’s 10-Minute Everyday Yoga Stretch (DAY 7) and I liked the preview so I enjoyed doing that one this morning--thank you Carolyn!

Beth, wow--congrats to your niece on her master's degree!

Pat, I'm a hopeless introvert too and shy to boot.
Old 05-13-22, 07:13 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello & happy Friday!

Yesterday’s workouts:
~My friend’s Essentrics class
~Cardio: 15 min gliding, 15 min rebounding, short walk, 9,833 steps
~Stretches & yin poses….reclined tree, half frog, modified fire log, deep shoulder stretch

Todays workouts:
~Qi Challenge day 11 - I keep falling behind
~Long walk with a friend, 12,514 steps
~Strength circuit day 2
~stretch & yin as above

Carolyn - I love Jessica’s Cardio Party, it does have a fun vibe.

Beth - Glad your new boss is a good fit!
ETA Congrats to your niece!

Pat - I hope you get some R&R to recover from your stressful week!

Paine - I’ve never done any of Jari’s workouts. I agree it seems odd to have someone else lead the workout.

Margot & Pat - Are you doing Alice’s live BellyFit zoom class on Sunday, Full Moon Flower Power? I’m looking forward to it!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote