Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-15-22, 11:09 AM  
Lorelai

Do audiobooks count? I was an avid reader before kids but now I find it's easier to listen to audiobooks. At the moment I'm listening to The Captain's Daughter by Jennifer Delamere and am enjoying it.

I think A Breath of Snow and Ashes was my least favorite! It had at least 200 pages of completely unnecessary storyline IMO. I did use an audible credit for the newest installment but I need to go back a couple of books and start there to refresh my memory. I mostly listen to lighter, cleaner storylines these days and haven't quite been in the right mood for violence and drama.

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-22, 11:27 AM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai View Post
Do audiobooks count? I was an avid reader before kids but now I find it's easier to listen to audiobooks. At the moment I'm listening to The Captain's Daughter by Jennifer Delamere and am enjoying it.
I count audiobooks. When I go up to visit my daughter I listen to audiobooks since it's a long, boring trip and they help to pass the time.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-22, 12:23 PM  
Schnauzeritis

Audiobooks absolutely count. In fact I have found some books that should be listened to rather than read. The Dutch House is one of those. Read by Tom Hanks. It was such a wonderful book about a brother and a sister. Tom's narration was wonderful.
Currently reading The Survivors by Jane Harper. So far so good. I didn't finish Beatiful World, Where Are You by Sally Rooney. The people I follow on Good Reads love this one. I tried and tried but finally decided not to finish. I find it difficult not to finish a book. It weighs heavily on me. LOL.
Schnauzeritis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-22, 02:34 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I'm reading the newest Jack Reacher book called Better Off Dead by Lee Child.

I finished Rachel Maddow: A Biography by Lisa Rogak which was just OK. Before I read this I didn't know Rachel suffers with depression.

Lorelai, yes audiobooks count! I listen to a audiobook while I do food prep and cooking in the kitchen.

Alisoncooks, we finished season 4 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-22, 07:49 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I just finished the latest season of Cobra Kai, lol, so now I’m reading M.M.Kaye’s Shadow of the Moon. Maybe next I’ll tackle The Far Pavilions
Both of those are good books. Far Pavilions is my favorite, but it's a beast in terms of length.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 09:30 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Both of those are good books. Far Pavilions is my favorite, but it's a beast in terms of length.
Gosh, this was my first adult novel by Kaye. Previously, I’d read and loved The Ordinary Princess and didn’t even realize she had also written novels for adults. That said, Shadow of the Moon was not for me. I ended up skimming most of it. So very grim…I mean, that was a terrible era in history, but I don’t like reading very sad things. They tend to linger too long in my mind. Is The Far Pavilions as dark/depressing?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 11:18 AM  
Gams

Paine - does having a co-author change the feel of the newest Jack Reacher novel? I’m worried that having his brother write will make the new books seem less like the Jack Reacher I’m used to.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 11:24 AM  
sherry7899

I am reading "The Golden Couple" which I am liking so far, but it is a little too drawn out. It is a library loan.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 02:38 PM  
Dancing Queen

I've been a member of this board for YEARS and have never wandered into a reading thread before! Thanks for sharing your reads, I've added several books to my library wish list, including Diana Gabaldon's newest Outlander book - which should be available in 11 weeks.

Currently reading:
The Night Circus (Erin Morgenstern)
The Happiness Project (Gretchen Rubin)
The Power of Fun: How to Feel Alive Again (Catherine Price)
several books on prayer / spirituality (not sure if I can discuss those here)
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 03:28 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai View Post
Do audiobooks count? I was an avid reader before kids but now I find it's easier to listen to audiobooks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
Lorelai, yes audiobooks count! I listen to a audiobook while I do food prep and cooking in the kitchen.
Yes I count my audiobooks. Like Paine, I listen while I’m in the working in the kitchen and doing other chores like laundry. I also listen when I’m using my exercise equipment or stretching and driving in the car.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, danielle friedman, kindle, reading, spring reading