Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-12-21, 09:47 AM  
CabCalloway

How timely is this thread, as I have been mulling over our card list. I agree with donnamp in that the best course of action going forward is to be reactive (I like that terminology). So, being the detailed nut that I am, I have a spreadsheet and am keeping tabs on the cards this year. This year is going to be the last of the "old method".

donnamp - I stumbled on your DD's health plight in another thread. I'm so sorry for the crap your family is dealing with regards to PCPs. My PCP does what you rightly suggest; they let you wait in your car until called to come up since their lobby is huge but not really designed to be split into well/sick visitors. But the key is that they will SEE you. Mono sucks, to be frank, at any age (I got it at 29, that's a story in itself). I wish your DD a speedy recovery (rest is essential) and that your family gets some peace during these holidays.
-CabC
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 10:09 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, CabC. As if having mono isn't bad enough - struggling to find a Dr to see you is just the icing on the cake.

I am half thinking my PCP is going to fire me for telling the office what I thought of their practices. And if so, so be it. I think I'm going to find another office anyway - which is a shame b/c I really like my Dr - but what is the point if you can't get in when you need to?

And one of the most absurd things is - the grocery store where my DD works PT wanted her to come in w/ her COVID test results pending - yet the Dr's office wouldn't let her in after FOUR negative COVID tests (3 rapid, 1 PCR) and TWO negative flu tests. Where is the common sense in the world?????

Sorry to hijack the Xmas card thread!

It is on my list of things to do today -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 10:48 AM  
Gams

I have a few left to do and I’m starting to get nervous that’s it’s almost too late to get them out - yesterday I got a Christmas card from my mom and it was postmarked December 1st.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 01:06 PM  
DCW

I have to buy cards first.

I am happy to get something in the mail that's not a bill.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 02:31 PM  
kat999

I feel so reassured that I'm not alone in the reactive method! Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy receiving them and I don't mind sending some out, but as a teacher I'm so busy finishing up my semester during early December that it's impossible for me to do cards or shopping or decorating before the middle of the month.
Old 12-12-21, 03:14 PM  
Leonana

I send out about 15, most are reactive. I send a card to my brother and dh's brother, even though we don't get one back.

I keep the cards I get the year before with my box of Christmas cards. Then I can see who sent us one when I get out the box of cards.
Old 12-12-21, 05:34 PM  
noodles

Thumbs down

I guess I'm the odd one out. I have alot of gratitude after being hospitalized this summer but was lucky enough to find a hidden talent of painting. I decided to paint several Xmas themed paintings for close friends then made Xmas cards from photos i took of them and sent those out to other friends and relatives. I'm not working though as i was placed on disability after this summer's issues so I understand where everyone is coming from. I was just lucky to see life from another perspective and have a 2nd chance at it ❤
But don't worry my paintings are large enough to see everything so you don't need a magnifying glass and you'll recognize what it all is lol!
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 07:00 PM  
donnamp

Sherry - that is what i do! I also looked over the prior year's cards. Sometimes someone has an off year or something - and w/ 2020 being what it was.....I think we missed some we normally would have received. I also like to look back over the old cards - so I like this method of keeping the list!

Noodles - I think that is a lovely idea!

Kat and Gams - I have received cards after Xmas and I'm not unhappy to get them later - it is the thought that counts. i think one year i purposefully did New Year's cards.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-21, 06:28 PM  
DCW

We mailed cards to siblings and our elderly relatives. Now the next group of friends are next on the to do list.

I also drop off cards to the employees of businesses that we frequent. They are so appreciative to be remembered.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-21, 06:31 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I like sending out cards. but I concede it is a chore when you're busy. My Mom always did it so I have that as an example. I have done reactive cards in the past, but now I try to get them out early.

Don't worry if some of them arrive late to the recipient. Sometimes life gets in the way, and you just can't get it all done on time. Better late than never I always say.

One time I didn't get a card back from a friend, but she called and suggested we take a trip together which we did. There's more than one way to reciprocate.

Anyway, Season's greetings to all!!

Tags
off topic, off-topic