Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-15-21, 11:09 AM  
Garrie A.

Sydney Cummings---where to start?

I'm interested in trying some of Sydney's workouts, in particular her strength training ones. I've thought about doing one of her programs, subbing her cardio for Peloton or step.

I'm a high intermediate/low advanced exerciser. What are your favorite strength workouts from her, and if you have done any of her programs which program(s) is(are) your favorite(s)?
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 07:03 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Bumping to see if there are any responses since I'm also interested.

Garrie, you may have to be a trailblazer!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 07:15 PM  
Erica H.

There's some information on her programs in this thread: http://96.30.11.231/~vfwnk/forum/sho...d.php?t=231212

I do Sydney's strength workouts regularly and like them but get them all mixed up so I don't have favorites.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 10:55 AM  
dianestjohn

I am no help because I just do her workouts randomly. I really like her though. She lifts really heavy in some workouts - like she’ll say “I’m going to grab a 35” and I’ll be like “I’m just going to grab a 15” LOL. Hope you enjoy, let us know what you think 😀
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 11:01 AM  
BigBadBetty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
I am no help because I just do her workouts randomly. I really like her though. She lifts really heavy in some workouts - like she’ll say “I’m going to grab a 35” and I’ll be like “I’m just going to grab a 15” LOL. Hope you enjoy, let us know what you think 😀
Me, too! I have some moves that I can't do so I fast forward through her videos to make sure there aren't too many moves that I have to substitute. I then add them to my list in YouTube. I have my YouTube lists like: Full Body, Upper body, Lower body, core, and stretch. I just pick by the part I want to work and how long I am willing to workout.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 11:24 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Definitely post what workouts you do and impressions. She's on my list to try.
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 11:33 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
I do them pretty randomly, too. I prefer her split workouts that are only strength work, but find that many of them have added cardio or abs mixed in which isn't the way I like to exercise. She motivates me to go heavier when she picks up those heavy weights and I've been surprised to be able to handle more weight than I would have done on my own. She doesn't appear as strong as she actually is, IMO.

She seems really sweet. Kind of chatty but it doesn't bother me. I appreciate that she offers so many workouts!

Erica
Old 06-16-21, 01:36 PM  
wendug

Quote:
I like Sydney and do her workouts randomly, too. Although it has been a while since I've done a workout of hers. I have noticed that although she does try to go heavy in her workouts, sometimes her form isn't great. If she had gone a little lighter, her form would be better. But she is very motivating and personable.
Old 06-16-21, 01:51 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I like Sydney and do her workouts randomly, too. Although it has been a while since I've done a workout of hers. I have noticed that although she does try to go heavy in her workouts, sometimes her form isn't great. If she had gone a little lighter, her form would be better. But she is very motivating and personable.
I agree - her form is not great and it could be risky for someone not familiar with proper form to follow her lead and risk injury in order to increase weights. It's funny because she does frequently talk about the importance of using good form and then ends up swinging the weights herself.

Erica

Tags
sydney cummings, youtube