Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-02-21, 04:58 AM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Sherry - I really liked “Just Like You”. I love pretty much everything by Nick Hornby. My all time favorite is “How to be Good”. Mark Haddon wrote a book called “A Spot of Bother” that’s a similar kind of British feel -good novel.

I’m anxiously awaiting Nick Petrie’s 6th installment of the Peter Ash series. Rachel Caine’s volume 5 of the Stillhouse Lake series, and book 3 of the Attlee Pine series from David Baldacci.

I read “Caught” by Harlan Coben last week and am now working my way through Val McDermid’s “Still Life”.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 05:42 AM  
sherry7899

Linda, I like Harlan Cohen and Val McDermid also. I have not read her books in years. I need to look up which ones I have missed.

I will look up Mark Haddon.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 08:19 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Library books I am reading include:

The Return by Nicholas Sparks - I've enjoyed it a lot. It's a typical Sprarks novel.

A Good American by Alex George - A new author to me. It has been an engrossing story about a couple who immigrated to the U.S. from Germany in the early 1900s and the family they raised in Missouri.

On the Kindle, I'm reading:

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day by Milly Johnson
Blown Away by Sharon Sala
Capital Gaines by Chip Gaines

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 09:39 AM  
Carol K

I finished A Suitable Boy (1500 pages) in 3 weeks, because there were 11 people waiting for it at the library. But it was not a hardship; it was an awfully good story. Then I read The Plot Against America by Philip Roth. That was interesting, but not great. Now I'm reading The Mirror & The Light by Hilary Mantel (third book in the Thomas Cromwell series). Whoever checked out Bella Poldark has STILL not returned it (due back on Nov. 3). Since it was the library system's only copy, you would think they would get another one, but I may eventually have to read it on Kindle.
Old 01-02-21, 09:53 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

I've recently read

The Daughters of Erietown by Connie Schultz - I gave this 4 stars and remember enjoying it but right now can't recall the story line..ugh

A Time For Mercy by John Grisham - couldn't put this one down

The Silent Wife by Karin Slaughter - there were so many characters in this book I had a hard time keeping track of them

Tom Petty A Rock and Roll Life - biography; I've always loved his music and have a new respect for him in how he stood up to record companies
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 04:56 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I might have asked this before...

Who here is on Goodreads? Last year, I decided to more specifically keep track of my books (I'd done it sporadically in the past). I also joined the reading challenge and set my goal at 50; I read 55. I'm going to set my goal at 55 this year. And rereads, childrens books, etc. definitely count!

Here's the link to this year's challenge:
https://www.goodreads.com/challenges/11650

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 05:18 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I might have asked this before...

Who here is on Goodreads? Last year, I decided to more specifically keep track of my books (I'd done it sporadically in the past). I also joined the reading challenge and set my goal at 50; I read 55. I'm going to set my goal at 55 this year. And rereads, childrens books, etc. definitely count!

Here's the link to this year's challenge:
https://www.goodreads.com/challenges/11650
I'm on Goodreads, but never do the challenges. I love the site for keeping track of books I've read and want to read. I also love seeing what my friends are reading and getting ideas for future books to read (although I can never live long enough to read all the books on my TBR list!).

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 05:48 PM  
Carol K

I'm on Goodreads, primarily for my To Read list. I also like to follow an author, so they send me an e-mail when the author comes out with a new book.
Old 01-02-21, 05:55 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I'm using Good Reads to keep track of what I'm reading too. I used to do that via my Amazon reviews, but I was reviewing too many other things on Amazon so got too bogged down. I like seeing what others are reading too!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 06:16 PM  
Sissy B

I’m on Goodreads.

I finished Anatomy of a Scandal by Sarah Vaughn last night and I started The Lion’s Den by Katherine St. John a few minutes ago.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, kindle, reading, winter reading