Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-20, 07:35 PM  
fitloon

Talking "Buy your motivation" LOL

I've been listening to more podcasts since being home more and was listening to Matt McLeod yesterday. He was talking about how to get motivation back. Some good tips, such as starting small; making it a game (new challenge); less thinking, more doing, etc.
Then he mentioned buying your motivation. Buying something such as a new workout plan, some equipment for your home gym, a new supplement, etc. as a catalyst to make the change you want.

I couldn't help but giggle, because I think many of us on VF do that (buying) often!
fitloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 07:46 PM  
fanofladyvols

Lol, I know I don't need ANY encouragement..

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 06:33 AM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitloon View Post
Then he mentioned buying your motivation. Buying something such as a new workout plan, some equipment for your home gym, a new supplement, etc. as a catalyst to make the change you want.
Gee...That never EVER occurred to me!

Donna
Old 05-22-20, 06:59 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Lol, I know I don't need ANY encouragement..
Same lol!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 11:05 AM  
gladgirl

LOL
I just spent $1 for Jenny Ford (such a sweetheart) downloads. I am motivated!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 11:40 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
I've been listening to more podcasts since being home more and was listening to Matt McLeod yesterday. He was talking about how to get motivation back. Some good tips, such as starting small; making it a game (new challenge); less thinking, more doing, etc.

I couldn't help but giggle, because I think many of us on VF do that (buying) often!
And, it often works!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 08:17 PM  
TinaT

I purchase a new Garmin fitness watch. I love it!! It also pairs up with My Fitness Pal! It really is motivating to use. It is much more accurate than my Polar F4 with the chest strap.

Yes, I bought some motivation.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-20, 12:01 PM  
tangerine

I got some hand weights and mini bands - I'm excited to use them in my next workouts. So this definitely works, but we all knew that already, amirite?
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-20, 11:34 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:

Sounds like someone who has something to sell!
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-20, 12:11 PM  
prettyinpink

This must be the reason I have been shopping online for new workout shorts and tops.

Also why I need to switch out my workout plans every now and then, even if what I am doing is “working”. It’s all about motivation.

Right now it’s still next to impossible to purchase much workout equipment new. So many places are still completely sold out. Maybe there will be a lot of things on the used market in a few months once more people are able and willing to go back to the gym.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motivation