Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-02-20, 04:42 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Free Cathe workouts Four Seasons FB

Has anyone done any of the free Cathe workouts on Four Season's FB page? I never remember them in time to join along, but I was just watching part of the workout she is doing right now, Muscle Confusion. The closed captions are cracking me up. In just a couple of minutes I saw:

jacks for galloping dress
dance last time dad
cabs are on fire

I'm not getting a workout doing these exercises, but I'm getting a pretty good workout just laughing at the cc.
Old 04-02-20, 05:22 PM  
Elyse

I keep wanting to do one but times are not great for me. I watched one yesterday at 6:30pm. I was too tired to workout. Played like a tv show without rewind , fast forward. I wish she did a 7:30 or 8 am one.
Elyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 05:29 PM  
lavna

I try to do the ones that interest me if they fit in my schedule. It gives me a chance to see more than the preview on the web. There might be some of them that I will buy eventually. I think it's great that she does this!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 07:16 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Has anyone done any of the free Cathe workouts on Four Season's FB page? I never remember them in time to join along, but I was just watching part of the workout she is doing right now, Muscle Confusion. The closed captions are cracking me up. In just a couple of minutes I saw:

jacks for galloping dress
dance last time dad
cabs are on fire

I'm not getting a workout doing these exercises, but I'm getting a pretty good workout just laughing at the cc.
Those are really funny! I assume the last one is supposed to be calves are on fire, but I wonder what the other two were.

Also, your avatar is so stinking cute!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 07:28 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Those are really funny! I assume the last one is supposed to be calves are on fire, but I wonder what the other two were.
I'm don't remember what they were doing when the second one came up, but for the galloping dresses, they were doing a quick out-out-in-in with their feet, which Cathe refers to as galloping. I was too busy trying to read the cc to notice what she was saying.
Old 04-02-20, 07:34 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

These have been mentioned in another thread. I turned off closed captioning but not before I saw the words "ketchup" and "pickles." Ketchup was "catch up" but I have no clue what pickles was supposed to be.

I've done probably 6 or 7 of these, one at noon and others at 5:00 and 6:30 p.m. I wouldn't do one earlier than 12 pm EVER so her times work for me. I enjoy doing them, but of the 5 or 6 I've done only one didn't have sync issues between audio and video. I'm sure this is probably on my end, and it doesn't really matter as I can follow the audio but it's a minor annoyance. Like lavna mentioned above, I have done a couple that I'm planning on purchasing, so this is a real chance to know whether I like the workout enough to own it.

I'm also grateful she's offering these!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 10:14 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
These have been mentioned in another thread. I turned off closed captioning but not before I saw the words "ketchup" and "pickles." Ketchup was "catch up" but I have no clue what pickles was supposed to be.

I've done probably 6 or 7 of these, one at noon and others at 5:00 and 6:30 p.m. I wouldn't do one earlier than 12 pm EVER so her times work for me. I enjoy doing them, but of the 5 or 6 I've done only one didn't have sync issues between audio and video. I'm sure this is probably on my end, and it doesn't really matter as I can follow the audio but it's a minor annoyance. Like lavna mentioned above, I have done a couple that I'm planning on purchasing, so this is a real chance to know whether I like the workout enough to own it.

I'm also grateful she's offering these!
cataddict, I completely forgot to comment on it when you mentioned this. I laughed out loud reading it -- so funny!
Old 04-03-20, 07:19 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

The ones I’ve seen are way too high impact for me. She posts the schedule for the next day on her Four Seasons Health Club Facebook page each night.

I am glad to see that she finally started doing these without a class behind her yesterday - unless the previous ones weren’t actually “live,” just free.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 08:08 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
The ones I’ve seen are way too high impact for me. She posts the schedule for the next day on her Four Seasons Health Club Facebook page each night.

I am glad to see that she finally started doing these without a class behind her yesterday - unless the previous ones weren’t actually “live,” just free.
Hi Joni, she has been doing live without class for two or three weeks now. I think it is nice she is doing this for everyone. I am not joining the classes as all the times are inconvenient for me. I get my workout done before work and then walk the rest of the day just to get my steps in and pull myself away from the computer.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 09:14 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Smile

The classes are not actually live. They are pre-recorded and from her archive of classes that actually were offered lived. I asked, she answered.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe live, free