Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-10-13, 10:51 AM  
Demeris

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post
I've been doing nothing but the few videos on YouTube and attempting the Primary Back Stretch from the book daily nearly 2 weeks and I've lost nearly 3 inches off my waist and not quite an inch off my hips.
WooHoo!!!!

mazel tov
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 10:53 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
would someone kindly link the free youtube workouts? i can't find them on youtube. I'm not very resourceful, i guess.
here's one--others may show up along the right of the page:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF9ir..._order&list=UL
Old 03-10-13, 12:41 PM  
PrairieGem

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
So with just a squeeze there, do the workouts still feel as aerobic to you? With everything tightened up, my heart rate gets to about 70% max, but when I didn't tuck, it felt like something major was missing and it wasn't as hard.
Haven't done TT, but there's a pretty strong tuck component to the Bar Method form, and I've found it definitely over-works my hip flexors. I started not tucking quite as deeply--and what happens is the work shifts from the HFs to the thighs, which is where I want it, anyway! I just needed to find the sweet spot between a hard tuck, and just standing there.
Old 03-10-13, 02:30 PM  
akaAnnie

I've been following Esther Gokhale's book and like others have mentioned the tuck is very problematic (which is why my back always acts up after a while with T-Tapp). It misaligns the natural pelvic tilt and piches things that shouldn't be pinched, but it does force the core muscles to tighten. For me, there are less risky ways to tighten those muscles.
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 03:21 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Hi mizach,

So with just a squeeze there, do the workouts still feel as aerobic to you? With everything tightened up, my heart rate gets to about 70% max, but when I didn't tuck, it felt like something major was missing and it wasn't as hard.

I need to play around with the BWO trying different things, because I am convinced that her tuck is not a good idea for me.
It's probably not as aerobic without the tuck. However, pelvic tucks really do a number on my lower back so it's ok if my heart rate is not has high when I don't do them.
I like the moves that twists my spine so I consider TTapp as an ab workout more than an aerobic one.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 04:54 PM  
lorajc

I guess I see all the short ones on youtube but the way vfers talk I thought there were long workoujts???
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 08:34 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
I guess I see all the short ones on youtube but the way vfers talk I thought there were long workoujts???
I don't know of any longer workouts on youtube. I wish there were some total workouts or basic workouts on youtube. It would make traveling much easier.
Old 03-10-13, 08:37 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

I put in "T-Tapp, long" and came up with five long workouts......Tempo Torso, Tempo Arms, Ladybug combo, lower body and Maxi-Max 3 extra Cardio-Kinetic Workout.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 09:16 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Hitthefloorlevel2 is also on Youtube.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 09:27 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Me too. If you don't mind sharing, why did you have to stop?

However this time, it hurt my lower back and also makes my hips feel tight.
Yes, I've noticed my hip flexors are extremely tight. I've added Buti as my go-to cardio to help this issue.

This is the one thing that's kept me from buying any of the DVDs. There is a local instructor, though, so I haven't ruled out a class.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
menopause, menopot, t-tapp, t-tapp pain, t-tapp results