Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-07-11, 05:39 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

has anyone done kettlebell bombshell with lisa balash? Is this one any good?
eyefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 07:02 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

If I were to have only one, it would be Anthony and Beth's vol 2. I forgot what it's called. It's perfect since you can use it for single or double KB work.
You can't go wrong with AoS Providence either.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 07:51 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
If I were to have only one, it would be Anthony and Beth's vol 2. I forgot what it's called. It's perfect since you can use it for single or double KB work.
The Volume 2 is called The kettlebell Way Volume 2: The Empire State. It is good- has body weight as well as kb exercises. Its sort of Newport Lite. My only beef is that I don't care for Beth or the way Anthony acts around her "look at the abs on her" (or something of that nature.)

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 08:15 AM  
Amazon

Another vote for Lauren Brooks or Skogg.

I'm recommend Skogg because I feel I'm doing better on my form with his instruction. He's got a personality I like a lot, too, matter of fact and no-nonsense but still makes me laugh sometimes. Like when he answers a question about when you breathe: "I say breathe when you need to... how 'bout that?"

I recommend Lauren because she uses great form, the music is very good, she has a good variety of the moves in her workouts and she really walks the walk: after pregnancy and her c-section she looks fantastic. She's a mom who has done some real living but looks wonderful. She makes you realize you can do it, too.
Amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 08:32 AM  
isebelleg44

The workout that got me interested in kettlebells was actually not a kettlebell workout. Athletica got me interested and now I am hooked on kettlebells. I started with kettlebell cardio dvds, like Angie Miller, Paul Katami, Brook Beneten and Bob Harper. I moved on to RKS and Skogg. So far my favorite kettlebell workouts is AOS Newport, which is super tough! I have been dying to try Lauren Brooks, but can't get my hands on one of her workouts.

Last edited by isebelleg44; 09-07-11 at 08:32 AM. Reason: spelling
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 08:43 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
The workout that got me interested in kettlebells was actually not a kettlebell workout.
Same here! Strangely enough, it was the brief kettlebell section in Amy Dixon's Give Me 10 that piqued my interest.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 08:49 AM  
debbied
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
has anyone done kettlebell bombshell with lisa balash? Is this one any good?
I actually did one of the workouts over the weekend. I liked it because it is just a bit different than the others I own (Lauren, Anthony, MB45, Skoggs, RKS). I did the circuit workout and she did the set of exercises all on one hand and then switched to the other. Then she repeated that. I found that keeping it on the same side really forced me to pay attention to my form. She also has a nice camera presence. She is not over-the-top and provides helpful hints along the way. I haven't tried all the workouts yet, but am pleased with what I have done.

Relative to what some of the kbell DVDs cost, this was a bargain. I bought it on Amazon for less than $20.

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 09:47 AM  
thelmaloo

i have been using brook bentens butts and guts for several months now and have had great results, but i am also doing other things too, like jari love and spinervals and leslie so its been a combination of these things. brooks w/o has a great cardio effect and i am using a 20 pound KB on most the moves. i will probaley move on to something else eventually but for now its working for me.
thelmaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 09:54 AM  
DirtDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post

I wish she would come up with some kettlebell workouts led only by her. Love everything about her style and appearance and think Anthony and Beth are the perfect kettlebell *couple*.
DirtDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 10:05 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbied View Post
I actually did one of the workouts over the weekend. I liked it because it is just a bit different than the others I own (Lauren, Anthony, MB45, Skoggs, RKS). I did the circuit workout and she did the set of exercises all on one hand and then switched to the other. Then she repeated that. I found that keeping it on the same side really forced me to pay attention to my form. She also has a nice camera presence. She is not over-the-top and provides helpful hints along the way. I haven't tried all the workouts yet, but am pleased with what I have done.

Relative to what some of the kbell DVDs cost, this was a bargain. I bought it on Amazon for less than $20.
Walmart.com also has it for just a little over $15.00 free shipping site to store to, online only
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell, kettlebell dvds, kettlebells, rks, skogg