Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-08-21, 07:28 AM  
Rhonda

Beachbody 10 Rounds

I am so proud of myself. I actually finished my first ever workout rotation. I did 10 rounds as is and enjoyed it. Thought I would get tired of the same instructor but I didn't.

The background exerciser, Mike, was a bit over the top for me but luckily I didn't have to see him all the time and it didn't start to bother me til the last week.

I had to pat myself on the back and know my VF friends would understand what an accomplishment this is.

I love boxing/kickboxing/hitting the bag with weight training so this was actually a perfect workout rotation for me.

Now I am doing the core de force cardio workouts and using KCM/Cathe for the strength days.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 08:42 AM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I'm glad to see someone on here that has done it. I really want to do it, but I can't really swing the 3 month membership right now. Maybe next month. I love Mike, lol! I know he annoyed a lot of people in TapoutXT, but to me he is super motivating.

Do you feel there was enough strength training with upper and lower body only being worked once each week? I am looking to increase strength, so I'm not sure if that would be enough. I was thinking if I did this rotation I could throw in a total body strength workout once a week to supplement if needed.

Thanks for posting your thoughts!
Old 07-08-21, 10:15 AM  
ellaenchanted

Great work! Do they switch sides or do have to rewind and repeat the set on the other side?
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 11:08 AM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
Great work! Do they switch sides or do have to rewind and repeat the set on the other side?
I know from doing the BBOD trial that they offer a mirrored version of each workout. So you will do one side as the lead side for the entire workout, but you could hypothetically do that same workout again with the mirrored version. Or alternate the boxing workouts, doing the regular version for workout 1, mirrored for 2, etc.

Personally, I have never felt that boxing workouts really need to be "balanced" between left and right. When I did boxing training, I always trained as a right hander and never as a southpaw and I didn't end up with any imbalances. I did this for about a year solid, 3 times a week. I did shadowboxing with and without weights and worked on the heavy bag and focus mitts. The strength work I did at the time was balanced between left and right, which is where I definitely think it matters. I think if you use whichever version (mirrored or regular) is your natural lead handed one, you would be fine.
Old 07-08-21, 07:38 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Congrats on finishing your rotation Rhonda! Great work! It felt good, isn't it?! You definitely can be proud of yourself.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 09:05 PM  
rhbrand

I've been thinking off and on about this rotation. It sounds like something I'd enjoy as I love boxing style workouts
Old 07-12-21, 07:08 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I'm glad to see someone on here that has done it. I really want to do it, but I can't really swing the 3 month membership right now. Maybe next month. I love Mike, lol! I know he annoyed a lot of people in TapoutXT, but to me he is super motivating.

Do you feel there was enough strength training with upper and lower body only being worked once each week? I am looking to increase strength, so I'm not sure if that would be enough. I was thinking if I did this rotation I could throw in a total body strength workout once a week to supplement if needed.

Thanks for posting your thoughts!
I guess it depends on how much strength training you like. I did like that you did upper one day and lower one day but you did work lower body most days. I felt like it was enough as I lifted as heavy as I could and the workouts allow you to do so. I know I gained strength.

I like that it was a five day program so I could do what I wanted on the weekends.
Old 07-12-21, 07:09 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Congrats on finishing your rotation Rhonda! Great work! It felt good, isn't it?! You definitely can be proud of yourself.
Thanks! It did feel good and I actually couldn't believe how quickly the six weeks went by.

Tags
10 rounds, bbod, beach body rotations, joel freeman, kickboxing, shadowboxing