Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-25-20, 02:57 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Demeris, the towel you embroidered sounds lovely!
Thank you. I'm always looking for excuses to embroider something useful.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-20, 03:03 PM  
Garrie A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrigid View Post
A big thanks to Garrie A for the 6 GREAT dvds, shakers, gift card (Starbucks!) and peppermint bark. I polished off the peppermint LONG before today.

Such a variety of workouts! I'm especially eager to try the "Fame" workouts, as I am a fan of the show and movie.

Today I am doing Janis Saffell "Kickbox Strike Zone" after reading the reviews on VF.

This is my first VF gift exchange, and I will be sure to do it again next year.

Joanne
You are very welcome! Those shakers go with the Weight Watchers dance DVD that Sherry (an elf) sent you. The gift exchange is a lot of fun, and something I look forward to every year.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-20, 04:18 PM  
fanofladyvols

jbrigid the gift exchange so cool in that it's different every year! The variety of what you send and also what you receive is as unique as the VFer behind it. Getting to know that VFer a little better is the best part!

Glad to hear you want to join in on the fun again next year

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-20, 08:47 AM  
ncl

Laura S,

Thank you so much for the wonderful and generous gifts!

Laura sent me a sweet card with a note. Laura, I was interested to hear that you have been to Asheville and Black Mountain. I live in Black Mountain and work in Asheville. We think it is beautiful, too! We had a white Christmas this year. My husband used to work some in Cary and my stepdaughter went to UNC Chapel Hill so I know your area a little bit.

Laura also sent me a 15 amazon gift card for soap making supplies; Cathe RWH Lift It, Hiit IT Legs; Bodystrikes workout 2; a book about soapmaking; and some pens and markers and washi tape for my bullet journal, and 4 cooling towels (which will definitely come in handy for hiking in the heat of the summer and my home sweatfests). Thank you SO much for your generosity. I will enjoy it all.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-20, 09:35 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
Laura S,

Thank you so much for the wonderful and generous gifts!

Laura sent me a sweet card with a note. Laura, I was interested to hear that you have been to Asheville and Black Mountain. I live in Black Mountain and work in Asheville. We think it is beautiful, too! We had a white Christmas this year. My husband used to work some in Cary and my stepdaughter went to UNC Chapel Hill so I know your area a bit.
It's interesting to find out connections with fellow VFers and, like someone else said, get to know each other a little.

I'm glad you liked your box. Hopefully, you enjoyed opening some fitness gifts on Christmas (that weren't from you). I'm so glad the box got there in time.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-20, 10:03 AM  
sherry7899

Anne, I think you posted you had received your box? I am too lazy to go back and read through the thread

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-20, 10:44 AM  
ots

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Anne, I think you posted you had received your box? I am too lazy to go back and read through the thread
Yes! I received my box a few weeks ago! But waited until xmas to open...

My secret santa is Kim (Mickey12)!! First --- I love everything! She sent chocolate (yay!) and then workouts to burn off the chocolate....

I got local chocolates from Pennsylvania: Milk chocolate potato chips from Dunmore Candy Kitchen ---- never had those --- my DH is eyeing them already. But, we're planning on trying them tonight. We also got some coconut custard bars from another local chocalatier Gertrude Hawk Chocolate -- yum! And finally - Dove dark chocolate mints --- hmmm, how did she know?

For workouts I received three DVDs! Ilaria's Bodystrikes 2 --- super excited --- I love her! Janet Stone's Ananda Vinyasa --- what? I have not been able to find this --- this was a hail Mary on my list ---- yay!! And last Standing Slim with Sadie Lincoln!

She also sent two pairs of striped Keen socks --- which will allow me to wear my sandals all year round. (yes, I have become that person!).

And, an ornament that she signed so I will remember her every year!

Thanks Kim!! (the only workout stuff I got this year)
ots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-20, 11:42 AM  
ncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
It's interesting to find out connections with fellow VFers and, like someone else said, get to know each other a little.

I'm glad you liked your box. Hopefully, you enjoyed opening some fitness gifts on Christmas (that weren't from you). I'm so glad the box got there in time.
I did! It was the first gift I opened and it was great fun to have some workouts under the tree!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-20, 11:46 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ots View Post
Yes! I received my box a few weeks ago! But waited until xmas to open...

My secret santa is Kim (Mickey12)!! First --- I love everything! She sent chocolate (yay!) and then workouts to burn off the chocolate....

I got local chocolates from Pennsylvania: Milk chocolate potato chips from Dunmore Candy Kitchen ---- never had those --- my DH is eyeing them already. But, we're planning on trying them tonight. We also got some coconut custard bars from another local chocalatier Gertrude Hawk Chocolate -- yum! And finally - Dove dark chocolate mints --- hmmm, how did she know?

For workouts I received three DVDs! Ilaria's Bodystrikes 2 --- super excited --- I love her! Janet Stone's Ananda Vinyasa --- what? I have not been able to find this --- this was a hail Mary on my list ---- yay!! And last Standing Slim with Sadie Lincoln!

She also sent two pairs of striped Keen socks --- which will allow me to wear my sandals all year round. (yes, I have become that person!).

And, an ornament that she signed so I will remember her every year!

Thanks Kim!! (the only workout stuff I got this year)
Anne, I’m so glad you liked the gifts. It was killing me that you waited to open your presents. Elf Sherry clued me in on the Dove candy. I was super excited that I found the Janet Stone DVD for you since you’re right, it’s out of print. I was on a mission to find that one for you just because of that and it was so fun when I was able to get it.

Enjoy wearing the striped Keen socks! I had fun deciding which ones to get you. I love all the fun colors! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-26-20, 01:53 PM  
ots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
My secret Santa is... OTS!!!

I came home this evening to a box full of wonderful gifts!

Hungry Girl diet cookbook
The softest matching fuzzy penguin socks and fuzzy penguin eye mask.
Snickerdoodles (which my hubby tried to steal)
A lavender vanilla candle
A wonderful card
And a penguin face mask!!!

Then I checked my email and was gifted a month of Bulldog Yoga online

All this in addition to the two wonderful DVDs (Cathe's Perfect 30 Yoga and Firm 5 Day Stretch)

Thank you so very much! I feel so very blessed!
Cookie - I'm so glad you got the gifts in time for Christmas! I hope you and your family were able to enjoy a healthy and happy holiday!
ots is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2020 gift thank you, gift exchange, holiday exchange thanks, holiday gift exchange