Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-03, 02:43 PM  
metalbarbie

Before you became a Vidiot.....

How did you exercise before you became a vidiot??? Before my video lifestyle days I:

1.) Only worked out to Jane Fonda/Richard Simmons
2.) Owned 3 videos and rotated them for years
3.) Only owned ankle weights
4.) Didn't think you could do 2 tapes in one day (add-on)
5.) Thought one tape was supposed to solve all my problems.
6.) Worked out to Gilad on TV with commercials and all.
metalbarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-03, 02:49 PM  
Barb
VF Supporter

Before the VF, I did Firm tapes exclusively. I didn't even know there was anything else out there - except for Jane Fonda in the 80s.

I was such a Firm fan that I even bought the same leotard that Susan Harris wore in Volume I - although in a different color. Remember their little catalog - I still use the bar bell and leg weights that I bought from them! LOL! They sold quality products!

But then I found out about VF, the yayas and Cathe! Now I have so many workouts I can't keep track of them! But VF et al has reinvigorated my program and really helped me reach some of my most hoped for fitness goals! And I'm very thankful for that!!!!
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-03, 02:51 PM  
Sandi M
VF Supporter

Gosh, I don't remember!

I've been a vidiot for so long, I don't remember much!

I wore ankle weights when cleaning house or just walking around. I had no idea there were exercises you could do with them on, and that walking with them was probably unsafe.

I worked out to Denise Austin's 530 am TV show, and videotaped the shows so I could do the ones I liked again. This was back in 1993!

I thought Cathe's Step Heat was the hardest step video on the market.

I thought free weights were for men only.

Sandi M
Sandi M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-03, 02:58 PM  
Sabresfan

I did the Fitness Pros and Crunch workouts on ESPN! I really liked them too!
Sabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-03, 03:00 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Before VF

I did yoga with various TV shows, and loved Joanie Greggains' Morning Stretch. I had the book of exercises that the Canadian Air Force supposedly used.

After the invention of videos, there was the Collage catalog.

Cynthia
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-03, 03:01 PM  
caragoub
VF Supporter

before I was a vidiot....

It didn't occur to me to exercise with videos. I thought they were just for people who didn't exercise (now does that make any sense :rolleyes: )

Instead, when I lived in the States, I kinda went to the gym. Like when I could. Off and on.

Back in those days, I thought exercising every other day was a huge achievement. Well in a way I guess it still is.

But videos opened up the possibility of getting in a serious workout almost every day...it opens up *choice*.

and that is so majorly cool. Whether I choose to be 'serious' or not is another question, of course...

voilą...

Cara
Old 08-14-03, 03:04 PM  
Fonzie
VF Supporter

I didn't. . .

I was never very active before I became a vidiot. Back in the early 90s I occasionally worked out with Gilad when his show was on ESPN. I liked him, but didn't enjoy the workouts, and decided exercise was a waste of time for me. After that, I was a complete slug until 3 years ago. I started to have some health problems, and resolved to do something positive for myself. I bought a few videos, and discovered VF a few months later. Despite the pinch on the wallet, I'm glad I'm a vidiot and VF has helped me immensely. Before VF, I'd never heard of most of the instructors/workouts that I adore now.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-03, 03:05 PM  
ziggy2306
VF Supporter

I think I was always a vidiot

I remember owning Jane Fonda's Low Impact workout ("Drive that big truck!") on Beta and I worked out with it daily for about a month when I was 11!

Two years ago, I decided to get in shape and went out to find a gym. When I saw the costs involved...I figured I would just set up a home gym and get some videos...then I found VF. The rest, as they say, is history....

Starting over is never easy...

***That's Abner, my crazy Bassador (Bassett/Lab) in my avatar***
ziggy2306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-03, 03:37 PM  
Marcia
VF Supporter

I didn't exercise, either. I thought exercising was for crazy nutters who liked to torture themselves. It was probably because I was an overweight PE disaster and was jealous of those who had the discipline to do it. Hooray for exercise tapes!

Marcia
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-03, 03:38 PM  
patrice
VF Supporter

Before videos I worked out at a gym. I only took aerobic classes because I found the weight work boring. Then one day I saw the Firm Time/Life infomercial and the rest is vidiot history. Oh, I did have Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Work Out for days when getting to the gym was out.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
how did you find vf, of steel