Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-14, 08:21 AM  
Negin

Red face Classical Stretch ~ Please Bear With Me

I just placed an order and am beginning to doubt my decision.
I prefer Classical Stretch over Essentrics. However, in all fairness, I have to admit that I have not yet given Esentrics much of a chance.
I placed an order for:
  • Essentrics Body Sculpting Series
  • Essentrics Strength & Stretch
  • Classical Stretch Season 10
My questions are:
Are the Essentrics above really all that good? I looked at a few video samples. They seem fine.
Have you been happy with the results?
Are they any better than other previous Essentrics?
OR
Should I cancel this order & place another order for:
Seasons 10, 7, & 9 - the only ones that I do not have & really want (just trying to have some self-control here!).

I prefer standing workouts or even sitting, but not so much lying down when I can't see what's going on, if you know what I mean.

I would appreciate any feedback or thoughts. Thank you.
Old 11-30-14, 09:29 AM  
BunnyHop

I'm really very tempted by those two Essentrics.

I really like the shorter format of the CS episodes, but sometimes I want something longer, but not huge.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-14, 09:37 AM  
DeepSeaSue

I think you made a great choice. SSIM is my all-time favourite Essentrics. I really notice a difference in how my body feels when I add it in to my rotation 3 times a week. The segments are perfect as add-ons. I also really like the BSS, especially the lower body workout. I think between SSIM and BSS, you have the PERFECT combination of total body stretches and strengthening. I have Season 10 but haven't tried it yet so I can't weigh in on that but your order gives you 30 CS episodes and 7 Essentrics workouts so, IMO, you get the best of both worlds
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-14, 09:39 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I think that the Essentrics you ordered will be fine for you. They are short (like a CS episode) and have more of the stretchy trademarks like Miranda's TV series. I use these Essentrics a lot along with my seasons.

I think these Essentrics are better than the previous ones filmed. I don't reach for Miranda's old Essentrics much because of the lack of trademark stretches. It seems it was more toning based. Same thing with Sahra's older Essentrics...very toning based with not much stretching.

Sahra has relaxed so much more with her screen presence...she just seems so much more personable to me adding little comments.

I think you'll like them. I also prefer all standing workouts and will often do just the first half of a workout to get the good stretchy stuff and combine with another first half. There's a lot of flexibility with those newer Essentrics.

Season 10 is great. Love it.

By all means, though, if you're making yourself crazy and just want to get seasons...do that!!!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-14, 09:59 AM  
Fitbezzy

I'm looking at using the sale to add Essentrics to my collection, particularly the 6 DVD bundle. Which ones are the ones you don't like??
Fitbezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-14, 10:07 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitbezzy View Post
I'm looking at using the sale to add Essentrics to my collection, particularly the 6 DVD bundle. Which ones are the ones you don't like??
That is a good price for all those dvds!

I don't use the Abs/Waist Butt/Thigh dvd much...that is Sahra's "old" Essentrics. That doesn't mean you won't use it though! The Flexibility for Athletes is Miranda doing voice over and Sahra with a class demonstrates. It is different not seeing Miranda, but a good stretch. That one is all flexibility...I haven't done it in a long time.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-14, 10:28 AM  
Fitbezzy

It is a great deal! Especially since last week I was looking at them on Amazon and they were priced at $25 and up. I'm thinking it's worth it to try all and see what clicks. But that could be the vidiocy talking....
Fitbezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-14, 12:09 PM  
Demeris

I'm impressed. I'd be rather incapable of make any fine distinctions between Essentrics and Classical Stretch.

Miranda has grown as an instructor, and so has Sahra, but when I pull out those older CS episodes, it seems to me that Miranda is doing the same stuff that Sahra does in her newer ones.

I might have to do those older Essentrics, both Miranda's and Sahra's. just to see what's different from the newer ones. I have to figure out how to do more than one workout session a day so I can do all the workouts I want.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-14, 02:19 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
I'm impressed. I'd be rather incapable of make any fine distinctions between Essentrics and Classical Stretch.

Miranda has grown as an instructor, and so has Sahra, but when I pull out those older CS episodes, it seems to me that Miranda is doing the same stuff that Sahra does in her newer ones.
I can't tell much of a difference, either. The newest Sahra that I have is the Barre one and Class of 2012. I don't notice a huge difference between that and her older ones, but I also only do CS once or twice a week, so that could be why.

I still prefer Miranda and her quirkiness, and that she is the one who created CS. I love, love Season 10 (I also have 6 and 8 and several of her single DVDs). I would choose season 10 over all of the others. But I am very tempted by the newer Essentrics.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-14, 03:42 PM  
sunday

I am definitely an outlier here, but CS has given me my worst injuries, bar none.

Back, glutes, knees ... you name it. They were all horrid after a three month stretch of just CS and Essentrics. I am really strong, but my back was awful, my knees swollen, and I had huge, knotted muscles in mu glutes. It took about three months to healthy and pain free again.

I'm one who won't do any CS or Essentrics again.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, dislike, essentrics