Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-16-21, 03:32 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

My imitation STS rotation

The STS thread reminded me that a few years back that I did an imitation STS rotation. I simply could not spend the money for the set.

I used Cross Train Express for the high rep portion. For the middle rep portion, I used the Gym Styles, and Slow and Heavy for the last portion. Now you won't get a new dvd everyday when you do it this way, but you will save money.

Since then, Cathe has come out with several weight sets in the middle range so you could sub those in.

You could also use her pyramid workouts for the high rep portion.

I got good results with this. Maybe I would have had better results with the actual STS workouts, it's something I'll never know. I guess the point is that with some substitutions, you can come up with your own rotations with what you already have.
Old 10-16-21, 08:03 PM  
Venus

An excellent idea, Jane! I don't have STS, but I've been following the recent thread with interest. It's inspiring to read about all the positive results. It's great to know you had results with the imitation version, too

Besides Cross Train Express, the Gym Styles, and Slow & Heavy, does anyone have suggestions for workouts which can be subbed in?
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-21, 10:33 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
An excellent idea, Jane! I don't have STS, but I've been following the recent thread with interest. It's inspiring to read about all the positive results. It's great to know you had results with the imitation version, too

Besides Cross Train Express, the Gym Styles, and Slow & Heavy, does anyone have suggestions for workouts which can be subbed in?
That's a good question! Seems like Pyramid could be used as your hypertrophy workouts.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 12:31 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

You simply have to find weight workouts in the high, medium and lower rep range. There are quite a few workouts in the medium (10 to 12) rep range.
Cathe did a few high rep total body workouts that you could split up maybe adding in an extra set or two. KCM has a workout where she does 8 reps of each exercise, I can look up the title.

I do have to add the caveat that when I restarted last year I was only doing 2 sets of 8 reps with light weights in the beginning. It took me four weeks to work up to 2 sets of 15 reps without increasing poundage. Only then did I start to increase the weight and go into the rotation. If you're fairly fit, you can skip this step.
Old 10-18-21, 10:42 AM  
tiletha444

Thanks Jane P. for the suggestion. I forgot about Gym Styles! Gym Styles workouts have a much slower pace than other Cathe middle range workouts. The only other Cathe workout that I can think of with a slower pace similar to Gym Styles is her 4 Day Split.

I suppose I can go my own pace with any of the middle range workouts, but then I get behind, have to rewind, etc.. (ugh).
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe strength workouts, rotation, rotations, strength rotation, sts