Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-12-21, 10:22 AM  
fanofladyvols

I told my husband I ordered a yoga mat I had always wanted. I'm sure he saw the two in the basket and incorrectly assumed what I was getting.

He happened to be looking out the window when the UPS guy came trotting up the drive with the HUGE box and said, " Did you order something that comes in big tall box?!"
And yes, his face was incredulous...
so embarrassing ¯\_༼ •́ ͜ʖ •̀ ༽_/¯

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 10:37 AM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I told my husband I ordered a yoga mat I had always wanted. I'm sure he saw the two in the basket and incorrectly assumed what I was getting.

He happened to be looking out the window when the UPS guy came trotting up the drive with the HUGE box and said, " Did you order something that comes in big tall box?!"
And yes, his face was incredulous...
so embarrassing ¯\_༼ •́ ͜ʖ •̀ ༽_/¯
Ha ha! Again, this will be me.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 11:05 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Is anyone going to do cardio on it while wearing shoes, or is that a bad idea? Just curious.
I work out on tiled floor in my basement. Needed the extra cushioning desperately. Since I won't be storing it away, I wanted to be able to do cardio on this mat (walking workouts with shoes.) I just have it covered with an area rug when I do cardio. I've been doing Jenny's Walk Across America and it's worked great for this.

I didn't want to step right on it with shoes, so feel it's protected with a rug on top! When I do yoga or barefoot workout, it's easy to roll up my rug and set it aside.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 05:48 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Is anyone going to do cardio on it while wearing shoes, or is that a bad idea? Just curious.
I have been using it for low impact cardio and weight routines. I exercise in my basement which has puzzle foam flooring. I like the extra cushion and grip for certain routines.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 08:32 PM  
rhbrand

I've used it twice, cause of course I got sick with sinus crap right after I got it.

But I love it. Its my only round yoga mat I've ever had, but man I love it. Its nice to do my stretches and still be on my mat, not off on my horse stall mats, which are great, but not soft at all lol.

Worth the money for me, totally.

Now, if she made pretty colors, I'd buy one in a pretty color
Old 04-19-21, 05:56 PM  
difit

I have always wanted a round yoga mat and I finally caved in and order it last week. It was schedule for delivery for today. I have been excited about getting it all weekend and looking forward to using it this week. Since I wasn't going to be home today to meet the delivery. I told my DH that I was expecting a package from UPS today. That it was round yoga mat and it will be in a long box.

I get home and was so excited to see my knew yoga mat and DH tells me that he had to refuse the delivery because the box was badly crushed and torn and was worried that the yoga mat might be damaged.

Now I'm not sure what I need to do. I contacted Cathe to let them know what happened and that I still want the yoga mat. Will they re-ship another yoga mat or what? I guess I have to wait until I hear from them.

According to UPS damaged claims If the damaged package is noticed while in transit, UPS will notify the shipper about the condition of the package so I didn't have to fill out any forms.

My DH feels bad. He knew how excited I was about getting the yoga mat today. I told him that it was fine that I trusted his judgement about the damaged package and how he handle the situation.

Did anyone else here received a damaged box? Was the Yoga mat damaged?
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 10:30 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I'm so sorry that your box arrived damaged difit. That's so disappointing!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 10:51 AM  
fanofladyvols

difit I have never had that happen to a UPS shipment and I think your hubs was right. The box I received was in perfect shape and even had a huge FRAGILE label on it.

Keep us posted because I don't think this is a problem for anyone other than UPS to handle the item in shipping appropriately.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 11:20 AM  
T2B

Difit- Good thing your hubby was home to reject the delivery. It would have been a pain to drag to a UPS store for a return shipment. Sorry that happened to you. I was surprised at how quickly UPS delivered this item. A lot of my UPS packages are sent UPS ground and then transferred to USPS for delivery.

You can always try to reverse track the tracking # to see if/when it is returned to Cathe, if you’re so inclined. I’ve only had great experiences with Cathe’s customer service so I hope you hear from someone soon. !

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-21, 04:26 PM  
kristiep

My mat is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I am excited!
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe equipment, cathe round yoga mat