Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-30-21, 05:53 AM  
Elsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
I'm back to watching the grass grow.
Supposed to arrive a week tomorrow (Tuesday week)

My estimated date is September 10th. Turns out UPS is three times slower than USPS-Canada Post.
Sure hope Cathe Co. Listens and goes back to giving us less expensive (while faster) delivery choices.
I'm not in any great rush, but for the price ...c'mon!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-21, 06:46 AM  
Helen

Thanks Elsie - it REALLY helps to know I'm not waiting alone.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-21, 07:56 AM  
suzanne63

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Hi Suzanne,

It looks like Cathe is wearing Nike fitness gloves...so they're different than the ones you're looking at on eBay listing. Those seem a little bulky. The ones Cathe is using are half fingers and fit pretty snug.

You can find other brands/versions of the Nike for great prices in places like Ross, Marshall's, TJ Maxx. That's where I found the last Nike pair I purchased and they were less than $7.
Here's one on eBay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/384190388146
(I don't know anything about that seller .. just sending to you for picture)

But really Walmart, and Amazon have other versions too.

Hope this helps!
It does help. Thank You so much I have the Body Guard Safety Gear Work Gloves now. So it is all I can use until I get something like this. Yes Walmart is good too.
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-21, 03:17 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
ncl and ebianco, I get what you mean about wanting to use a tougher band but couldn't? I'm wondering if maybe the range of motion gets affected and the blue band might be too limiting but the green band not enough? I think I may need to try different band combinations. Please post if you figure out the answer to the puzzle!
Cataddict Yes I think you've pinned it down! I will have to try the workouts again with my other tubing and bands (I certainly have plenty LOL) to try to find the right balance of range of motion and resistance.
Old 10-07-21, 10:29 AM  
AnMrsDe

Cathe Live #363 Boss Bands & Loops Metabolic Workout

I wasn't sure where to post my review of Cathe Live #363 Boss Bands & Loops Metabolic w/o (57 min). I thought if someone wasn't thrilled with the DVD version of these workouts, they may be interested in trying her Cathe Live version. I thought it was significantly different than her dvd. Yes, there were some repeats of exercises but I still thought it seemed fresh, especially using the weights along with the bands/loops this time.

This consists of standing work and floor work using the green medium band and the green medium loop. Standing work ends at 40 min. mark and floor work ends where stretch begins (52 min.) This would be great either wanting standing work or floor work when short on time and wanting to break it up.

I found this really sweaty but I'm not sure I would deem it a metabolic workout. It has some cardio but not much and can be all done low impact. Cathe uses 10#'s, 12#'s & 15#'s and both green fabric bands (medium strength). I matched Cathe's weights (I think I used 12's for the biceps though) & used the blue fabric band (heavy strength) until the tricep work (then switched to her green band that is overhead work). I had on my pink fabric loop (medium strength which has a tad more resistance than her medium loop and down lower on my thighs).

Standing work:

Cathe starts out gung-ho from the w/u! It is a very active warm up sure to warm you up well. Using the blue band for straight arm shoulder raises, I did bent arm raises instead (my shoulders like those better and the ROM using the blue band was easier to do with bent arms). But I switched to the green band for the overhead triceps and going right into the tricep pull-downs...holy cow! My arms were fried by then (esp. on that 2nd side that had less downtime!). Cathe works all UB muscle groups but doesn't work chest until the floor work.

Floor work:

This consists of basic hydrants and leg lifts with loop, push-ups, and chest presses/flyes with legs pulsing out and knees pulsing out. I loved the bear hovers while pulsing knees out!! I didn't do the push-ups as shown but did push-ups with the ball (easier for my arthritic hands). I think there was maybe one core exercise (side planks) but every other exercise, core is worked indirectly, which I appreciated the diversity from the dvd.

Stretch:

This was longer than Cathe's usual Live stretches (around 5 min.) and was appreciated. I did have to add on another stretch just b/c I like to feel totally stretched out! I added her PHA3 Extended Lying Stretch.

I burned around 310 calories and 13 min. in the FB zone and 43 min. in the Fit zone, which I found surprising, as strength workouts are usually categorized to be mostly in the FB zone for me. So, maybe this was more metabolic after all?

As an aside, I think maybe shortening the standing portion would have been better, since to me, it got a little long (40 min.). But just the time I started to feel this way, she was on to the floor work.

Overall, I am thrilled I bought this D/L! I think it differs enough from the DVD and Cathe is so fun with her jokes, etc. and it was so nice to see the class behind her! Yay!!! A big thumbs up from me!!

(I would appreciate it if someone could add "Cathe Live version" to the tags....I can't edit them. Thx!)

ETA: Thanks, Linda!

Here is the clip on YT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY_Rcs8SHxQ
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-21, 10:59 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post

(I would appreciate it if someone could add "Cathe Live version" to the tags....I can't edit them. Thx!)
Great review! Added the tag

However, you could also start a new thread

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boss bands, boss bands glutes core, boss bands total body, boss loops glutes core, cathe, cathe downloads, cathe equipment, cathe live, cathe premix, cathe premixes