Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-24, 04:20 PM  
kat_b

From the VF Archives: DIV

I recently found this page and thought "I completely forgot this existed." Thought others may get a kick out of it (a bit of a throw back Thursday). I think it's from the late 90s... note the "tape" references.

Desert Island Videos

It's not in the sitemap, but I remember using it to decide what videos I wanted next "back when."
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-24, 06:33 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Wow , what fabulous reading and a trip down memory lane of videos.

I now have to find my copy of Precision Toning and see what I missed.
I am in mourning now for so many amazing workouts that did not make it to DVD. Keli Roberts Step workouts. Some Jane Fonda step and her weight workout.
Aero step, GForce, so many.....I am missing the magic
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-24, 06:59 PM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_b View Post
but I remember using it to decide what videos I wanted next "back when."
Yes, I did the same thing. If multiple people listed the same video then it was on my buy list.

It was fun looking through this again. Amazing how many times Mandy changed her mind! I remember her love everything Tae Bo phase.

Can you imagine sitting down with us then and telling us what it would be like in the future? DVD's, streaming, multiple multiple multiple workouts... Back then I thought 20 -30 workout vhs tapes was extreme.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-24, 07:33 PM  
kristiep

How fun! Thanks for sharing.

Weird thought (?): I wonder how many of those folks still use the emails associated with their posts.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-24, 07:01 AM  
kat_b

LOL there are a lot of mindspring, hotmail and AOL accounts in there! I’ll probably go back in and hide them (and last names) since I’m doing some cleanup on that section right now; it’s PII and we’re supposed to be more careful about that these days.

ETA: deleted them--
Old 03-01-24, 10:37 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
It's not in the sitemap, but I remember using it to decide what videos I wanted next "back when."
i used to use "VF Hall of Fame" as my shopping list. I printed it out and wrote down little numbers to indicate the top 3, then I took the list to Blockbuster Video. I remember seeing the "for sale" section with The Firm videos stocked.

https://www.videofitness.com/faves/hallfame.php

Note to Kat: can the VF Hall of Fame be memorialized somehow?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-24, 05:35 PM  
AZY
VF Supporter

Wow, that brings back memories and some old but great workouts - I'm going to pull out Karen Voigt Energy Sprint and maybe one of the old Bryan Kest yoga videos

Thanks for sharing!
Anne
AZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-24, 06:52 PM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i used to use "VF Hall of Fame" as my shopping list.
And then I would cross reference it with the video descriptions in the Collage Video Catalog.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-24, 08:10 PM  
kat_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Note to Kat: can the VF Hall of Fame be memorialized somehow?
Bzar,

Since the poll was decidedly in favor of lifting and shifting the non-forum portion versus moving it into a modern content management system I've just been fixing a few code and database issues to help, and, unless someone with more of a say decides otherwise, I don't expect that those pages will be going away!

Kat
Old 03-02-24, 12:28 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Bzar,

Since the poll was decidedly in favor of lifting and shifting the non-forum portion versus moving it into a modern content management system I've just been fixing a few code and database issues to help, and, unless someone with more of a say decides otherwise, I don't expect that those pages will be going away!

Kat
i created a post in the "Combinations Rotations and Modifications" forum with the categories and titles of the videos in the historic VF Hall of Fame.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
desert island workouts, vf hall of fame