Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-05, 10:53 AM  
carolyn jane

Is Cathe off the hook?

I worked out with Cathe last night, and as always since the sound problems with the Hardcore series, I was thinking about her complete silence on the problem.

I wasn't even one of the ones who had a problem with my DVDs, but I felt bad for those who did, and I was astounded that the response those customers got was nothing short of hostility.

Even though I always get a good workout with Cathe, it has really changed my attitude and I think about it every time I use one.

Now I'm reading all the excited postings about the upcoming road trip.

So...it looks like her strategy of ignoring the problem and refusing to provide her customers with a solution worked! I just wondered if anyone else was having the same thoughts and if it has changed your perspective on working out with Cathe?
carolyn jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 11:03 AM  
Wanda
VF Supporter

Seems like it worked...

Ignore it and the problem goes away.

I did the upper body section of Muscle Max two days ago and found myself thinking something similar. Muscle Max is a solid workout but the sound quality simply isn't up to Cathe's previous offerings.

Personally, I doubt I'd preoder another series (not that I've preordered everything in the past) because I'd be wary of the quality. But I may be in the minority here.
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 11:05 AM  
boakley
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn jane
Even though I always get a good workout with Cathe, it has really changed my attitude and I think about it every time I use one.
That's me too.

I won't buy as quickly next time if I buy at all. I may wait for the swaps. I've also pared down the Cathe portion of my collection considerably since The Hardcore Series release.

I think there will always be die-hard fans that will buy anything and everything that their favorite instructor makes, but I think she lost a few of those on this last series just due to the response or lack thereof.

Of course this is all JMHO.

Beth

Tom Petty
boakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 11:14 AM  
rhbrand

I'm a little over Cathe.

What with the sound issues on the Hardcores, her lack of responce, and the fact I've realized I don't need to work that hard for the results I want I'm over Cathe. Why have a bunch of stuff you don't need.

I've sold some of her stuff, and am planning on selling more. I'll keep some of her older stuff cause I love the PS series and the S&H series. But as for preorders, I don't think so.
Old 06-17-05, 11:15 AM  
Gatorfan76

When you see how her site is run, and how organized she is in putting together her new releases -I just assumed the professionalism would seep into the customer service.

I was REALLY disappointed with how Cathe handled the whole sound issue...
To just ignore the people who were complaining, then tolerate her employees being hostile to her upset customers was just unacceptable. Don't forget the deleted posts to her forum that had anything negative to say about the Hardcores.

I've resigned myself to just turning the volume up when I work out so the sound doesn't seem as bad...

I can't say that I absolutely won't buy the next Cathe series ( I am a vidiot after all) but I have to say I will think twice before ordering. That's something that I never thought I would do with Cathe-( I usually pre-order all her stuff without even thinking about it.)
Gatorfan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 11:17 AM  
Barb
VF Supporter

I've actually been thinking about selling some of my Cathes too. Not because of the sound issue, but just because how many do I really need?
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 11:19 AM  
Tait
VF Supporter

Not off the hook for me at all. She needs to work on customer service -- ignoring problems does not impress me.

Susan
Tait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 11:20 AM  
Carol_is_fit

I'm over buying new stuff from Cathe. I'll keep the ones of hers I have, but I won't buy anything new unless I hear on here she came up with something REALLY innovative and/or different, and ONLY then if there do not appear to be any issues with the DVD's or customer service. Even then, I won't buy directly from her site - I'll wait till they're on Collage. Her treatment of people on here made me ill. I wouldn't attend the road trip if it was free. I'm done gushing over instructors and acting like they're my best friends or something, no matter how good the workouts are. She's in this for the same reason most others are - to make money and sell her product. But her customer service is lacking. She can plan all the road trips she wants, but if she doesn't do something to fix the customer service issues, she won't have a business left one day.

Carol
Old 06-17-05, 11:34 AM  
mtnmom

I bought the entire package of 11 Hardcores, and have sold off 4 of them on Ebay. Of the seven I have left, I'm ho-hum about 3 of them. These weren't her best, customer service and sound issues aside.

For reference, I wouldn't trade or sell any of my Intensities or BodyBlasts.

I notice a difference in sound in the Hardcores, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me on the workouts I kept. I am sure that my TV and DVD equipment were more tolerant of the technology used in producing them than other people's equipment. So for those who really had issues, I think the way SNM handled it was despicable. And for all the reasons above, I won't pre-order again.

Cathe's next release should be a smaller one, with much more attention to details if she wants her customers back.
Old 06-17-05, 11:49 AM  
Rhonda

I won't order from Cathe again but that is because I have found other workouts I like much better. Cathe is too much impact and "body building" type for me. I don't need that. I do have the PS series which I like and have sold off most of my Cathe collection on Ebay. I would like to get the PS series on DVD but will hold off and use the VHS for now.

I have found other instructors that are really good.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe friedrich, cathe nation, snm chris