Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-16-05, 08:52 AM  
Vispateresa

Question Question for PM exercisers

Hello, to the VF's who work out in the afternoon/evening, I'd like to ask if you do something in the morning too to "wake up" the body. I'd like to do 10 min. of exercise in the morning, but I don't have the time to put on the shoes, put in a video, etc., so I'd like to know what you do. Ciao!
Vispateresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 08:59 AM  
EllieE

ummm... does stumble into the shower count?

This is a good question- my first thought is that yoga would be a great way to waken the body and get moving in the morning. Althougth I've thought about it, I've never done it , so maybe someone else has a better answer.

If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
EllieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 09:14 AM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

No, I can't do anything in the morning. I can barely make it down the stairs without falling.
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 09:23 AM  
paidhi
VF Supporter

My wakeup consists of taking the dogs out into the yard at 4:30AM. Nothing like a chilly morning breeze to wake you up

Lisa
paidhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 09:28 AM  
antbuko

How about 10 minutes of Pilates? I find Pilates very refreshing and a real eye opener. Caveat: I am an a.m. exerciser.
Old 05-16-05, 09:32 AM  
Messe

I'm an after-work exerciser--nothing in the morning, ever. Showering, washing and drying my hair, getting dressed, putting on my makeup, etc.--those are my wake-up activities.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 09:34 AM  
Vispateresa

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko
How about 10 minutes of Pilates? I find Pilates very refreshing and a real eye opener. Caveat: I am an a.m. exerciser.
Yes, it's a good idea, but I'm afraid it takes too much concentration? Or maybe not? Anyway, thanks for the suggestion!
Vispateresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 09:56 AM  
fagiles

Hello

I work out in the evening but also in the morning at 5 a.m. I dont do anything that requires much thought..maybe a 1 or 2 mile Leslie Sansone 15-25 min because I have to be at work by 7 a.m. It's enough to get me energized.

felecia
fagiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 10:47 AM  
naturallove

I generally work out in the morning....

But if you need a little 'spark' as some people put it, there are lots of videos to try. Barb (horsemom) mentions using a couple of songs on the Kukuwa videos as a jump start in the morning. Some others to try would be the 10-minute workouts, like the 10-minute carb burner or the 10 minute solution (that has yoga, pilates, boot camp, etc.). Also quick fix 10-minute hip hop is also fun but slow (which makes it good for the morning). However, my favorite thing to do is to put on some salsa music and dance around to wake myself up. Hope this helps.
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 10:48 AM  
abbyalex

This is a very timely thread for me. I have always been an evening exerciser and have tried on numerous occasions to do my workouts in the morning, but have never been able to get it going as I have the hardest time just getting myself out of bed. But after recently acquiring many new workouts that had 10-15 minute segments, last week I decided I would just start with 10 minutes in the morning of super light cardio to get me going, and to get used to the idea of moving first thing in the morning.

OK, today is day 7 and I've done morning exercise 5 of the 7 days! Amazing, but true. I have either done a 10 minute segment from Gaiam's Get Moving DVD or a Leslie Sansone one-mile segment. I just get up, put on just a bra, shorts and sneakers and go. I have to admit it actually does feel good to move and stretch when I first wake up, and it is stimulating. I hope I can make a real habit out of this. I hope that as time goes on, I can add 5 minutes to my morning routine and someday be able to do all of my cardio in the morning so I can free up some of my evenings. I am still doing weights or pilates (or longer cardio) in the evening.

I have noticed increased energy in the afternoons when I usually have an energy dip, but it's only been a few days so it's hard to say it's due to the morning exercise. Time will tell.
Abby
abbyalex is offline   Reply With Quote