Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-19-21, 07:39 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I am so tickled with these responses. This is what the internet should be. A big group hug to everyone!
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 08:38 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I'm pretty sure my DH met zraipel (Stephanie).

Iirc, we had a buy/sell transaction of a piece of fitness equipment, and he was my delivery man. I can't remember exactly what the equipment was...fluidity bar, maybe?
Yes, I want to say it was either a Fluidity bar or a Total Gym, lol! That was when I was still a relative newby to VF

I have met Laura S. to acquire some equipment as well! But it was kind of near the start of Covid, so we didn't really get to talk or even see one another's complete faces
Old 07-20-21, 06:49 AM  
bethellen

I met several on a Firm trip. It was just before the Transfirmer series was released. That was a great trip.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 08:15 AM  
ChelePA

I loved reading these posts! It’s amazing how we can develop friendships based on a common interest. I have never met the people in my check-in group but hopefully someday we will get together. They have helped get me through some difficult times. Such an inspirational group —The Watulans!!!! I was first attracted to the group because they were doing a Cathe chronological order of workouts. My favorite instructor! Just as I joined the group, two unfortunate events occurred around the same time. I broke my foot and it was the beginning of Covid. With their encouragement, I continued to check-in with my modified workouts. It was so nice to have a connection with people who had a love of exercise like myself. And despite some setbacks. and life challenges, we continued to persevere with our daily workouts. These ladies are so motivational!!! On May 11, I was in a severe car accident that almost took my life. This group meant so much to me that I asked my husband to post updates so that they weren’t worried about my disappearance. The love and support I have received during this time from friends I have never met means the world to me. My husband and daughter were amazed with the connections that have been made through this site. My road to recovery will be a long one. Probably a year before I hopefully rehab to my previous level. I’m sure there will be many modifications in my future, but I plan on returning to my check-in once I can do some form of exercise. Day by day is my motto.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 09:07 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
On May 11, I was in a severe car accident that almost took my life. My road to recovery will be a long one. Probably a year before I hopefully rehab to my previous level. I’m sure there will be many modifications in my future, but I plan on returning to my check-in once I can do some form of exercise. Day by day is my motto.
I didn't know about this. I'm so sorry about the accident (but grateful you survived) and your injuries. That is awful and scary. Big hugs to you and I love your motto.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 09:08 AM  
sherry7899

I met Cleda for lunch a few times. She is so easy to talk to. I also met a member named Faith who I have not seen on here for over ten years! We went to lunch and to thrift stores and had a great time. I hope she is okay.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 11:47 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Just as I joined the group, two unfortunate events occurred around the same time. I broke my foot and it was the beginning of Covid. With their encouragement, I continued to check-in with my modified workouts. It was so nice to have a connection with people who had a love of exercise like myself. And despite some setbacks. and life challenges, we continued to persevere with our daily workouts. These ladies are so motivational!!! On May 11, I was in a severe car accident that almost took my life. This group meant so much to me that I asked my husband to post updates so that they weren’t worried about my disappearance. The love and support I have received during this time from friends I have never met means the world to me. My husband and daughter were amazed with the connections that have been made through this site. My road to recovery will be a long one. Probably a year before I hopefully rehab to my previous level. I’m sure there will be many modifications in my future, but I plan on returning to my check-in once I can do some form of exercise. Day by day is my motto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I didn't know about this. I'm so sorry about the accident (but grateful you survived) and your injuries. That is awful and scary. Big hugs to you and I love your motto.

Erica
Chele thank you for sharing this, and like Erica, it was news to me. i understand that it's easier to share the info with your check-in buddies and keep it low-key. i am amazed at how your husband kept checking in for you too! glad to hear you survived. thank God!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 12:04 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I have met Laura S. to acquire some equipment as well! But it was kind of near the start of Covid, so we didn't really get to talk or even see one another's complete faces
That's right. But your face above the mask matched your avatar, so you looked familiar...

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 12:19 PM  
seabliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Well it only took me SEVENTEEN years but I finally met a real live VFer--- Seabliss!

It was awesome She's incredibly sweet and just like you'd imagine a VFer to be in person. I only wish I had met her before.
Thank you fanofladyvols! It was wonderful to meet you too! You are also the only VFer I've met IRL.
Old 07-21-21, 10:23 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
I loved reading these posts! It’s amazing how we can develop friendships based on a common interest. I have never met the people in my check-in group but hopefully someday we will get together. They have helped get me through some difficult times. Such an inspirational group —The Watulans!!!! I was first attracted to the group because they were doing a Cathe chronological order of workouts. My favorite instructor! Just as I joined the group, two unfortunate events occurred around the same time. I broke my foot and it was the beginning of Covid. With their encouragement, I continued to check-in with my modified workouts. It was so nice to have a connection with people who had a love of exercise like myself. And despite some setbacks. and life challenges, we continued to persevere with our daily workouts. These ladies are so motivational!!! On May 11, I was in a severe car accident that almost took my life. This group meant so much to me that I asked my husband to post updates so that they weren’t worried about my disappearance. The love and support I have received during this time from friends I have never met means the world to me. My husband and daughter were amazed with the connections that have been made through this site. My road to recovery will be a long one. Probably a year before I hopefully rehab to my previous level. I’m sure there will be many modifications in my future, but I plan on returning to my check-in once I can do some form of exercise. Day by day is my motto.
Chele - you have been through so much! (((HUGS)))

I have had support and kindness from many VFers I've never met.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vf get-together, vf love