Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-17-21, 10:29 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I have met several forum friends in person, all were from the Collage days before we moved to VF when Collage sold. SandyO and I have been get-together friends since we met to do a race together in 2009, I think it was, before either of us had taken up running. I have also met Leonana/Sherry and Pratima when I was visiting AZ. Most of the others don't post at VF anymore or not often anyway (except Izzy/Mary still does!), but I met all of them at a Travis Eliot weekend in Chicago several years ago (and we had lunch with Travis where I totally fan-girled ). One of the ladies I had met before that in AZ as a surprise tag-along when she had arranged to meet my mom (Miss Scarlett). I have very much enjoyed IRL meetings and honestly there are a few that I am so close to I feel like I have met them IRL even though I haven't! (I hope my memory has served well and I didn't forget any meetings!)
Yes, my dd and I met you and your mom at the outlet mall. That was a special memory and I still have the pics. You or your mom took a pic of my dd and I, and it's one of my favorites. Hard to believe she is 20 now! Your mom was such a sweet person.
Old 07-17-21, 10:56 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Yes, my dd and I met you and your mom at the outlet mall. That was a special memory and I still have the pics. You or your mom took a pic of my dd and I, and it's one of my favorites. Hard to believe she is 20 now! Your mom was such a sweet person.
We had a great day with you both, Sherry. I came across a picture from that day the other day. I'm so glad you got to meet Mom. It meant so much to her to be a part of the group.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 01:19 AM  
hypnomoon

I met a couple of VF members when I did the 2007 Cathe Roadtrip. I think there is only one of the few that still hangs out here.

I'm in Colorado, very close to Denver so if anyone has or knows of a get-together, let me know. I'd love to join in.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 07:49 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
Yes!! I attended at least one (I have a horrible memory, maybe attended more than one). It was at someone's home. Several VFers: WWWendy, SueB, along with Laura, maybe a few more!

-Anita
I think 3 of the get-togethers were at my house in Rockville. Did you get stuck in a traffic jam on 95 when coming to one of them?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 08:59 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I have met a lot of VFers! I live close to Joni O, met YogaPam in Tulsa, Jennifer (Glamgal), Pam in Colorado, Izzy (Mary), Shelley, Andrea in Las Vegas, Amy in Wisconsin, and have several VFers visit my in person and virtual classes. I love meeting VFers...instant, like minded friends.

I am planning an Essentrics event locally in MN, and will post once I get the details ironed out.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 10:36 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I think FitBoop had some get-togethers to take assorted classes together in the NYC area in years past.

(She has been AWOL, but is doing OK.)

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 12:51 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I have met many VFers since 2002. I first met VFers for a NY get-together, then at Cathe’s roadtrip, which was a small group, compared to her current roadtrips. I also met VFers at fitness conferences over the years. I particularly enjoyed Greg Twombly’s CIA fitness conferences in Philly.

I have organized a number of get-togethers, in Boston and in NYC. We have taken classes at different studios, such as Lotte Berk, Physique 57 and Exhale, and even had Margaret Richard fly to NY to give us some classes.

I plan to organize more VF meetings in the future.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 04:44 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I think 3 of the get-togethers were at my house in Rockville. Did you get stuck in a traffic jam on 95 when coming to one of them?
I don't quite remember; possibly! I live in Harford County yet worked in Howard County, so my life has been one long traffic jam on 95 ... (Now that I'm retired from a formal job, and considering a part-time job, that's one requirement: to not have to get on 95 to commute.) I have not been on 95 since March 2000, when I started tele-working.
-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 05:11 PM  
alisoncooks

I'm pretty sure my DH met zraipel (Stephanie).

Iirc, we had a buy/sell transaction of a piece of fitness equipment, and he was my delivery man. I can't remember exactly what the equipment was...fluidity bar, maybe?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 07:32 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I met one of my dearest friends through VF. She lives 15 minutes away from me and we've been good friends for over 16 1/2 years now! She's an amazing woman and I am so grateful for her friendship. I can't believe we met through VF! She is more family than friend to me, DH, and my kids.

Erica
That is so cool and exactly the kind of thing I hoped to hear!
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vf get-together, vf love