Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-10-21, 10:52 AM  
moonbeam31

Good idea! I've been on a Jessica Smith kick lately, and I am loving it, but I feel bad for my other instructors! 😄
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 11:08 AM  
Taiga

Darn! I don't have any unchartered dvds (with the exception of CLX, which I have Joni-Oed at every attempt since it came out lol). I usually keep a fitness "candy jar" but had a tough few months and emptied it I just ordered refills from Mary and they will be here next week. I could start late but wouldn't have enough to finish any way. Wish I had better internet services!!
Old 07-10-21, 12:09 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I'm tempted to do this but with 20 different pieces of equipment (which will also end up more than likely with all different instructors as well)! I have soooo much equipment, and a lot that I rarely end up using on a regular basis. This would give me an excuse to pull out all of the following:

Med balls
Forza sword
Indian clubs
Heavy bag
Cage Fitness bag
Kettlebells
Dumbbells
Barbells
Resistance Bands / Loops
Pilates circle
Elliptical
Rebounder
Cheer Poms
Hula Hoops
Bellydance veils
Step / High Step
Fit Tower
Body Bar
Bo Staff
Sandbag
Slide board
Pilates ball / Playground ball
Full size exercise ball
Yoga blocks & strap
Ankle weights
Jump rope
Yoga wheel
Agility ladder
Tae Bo Amped bar

And if I re-assemble my Power Rack I can add:

Suspension Trainer
T-Grip Bar / band system (really need to start using this again!!)
Adjustable weight bench
Pull Up assist bands

I may add to this list if I think of more, but my gears are turning now and I realize this could be a lot of fun!!
Old 07-10-21, 02:54 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I'm tempted to do this but with 20 different pieces of equipment (which will also end up more than likely with all different instructors as well)! I have soooo much equipment, and a lot that I rarely end up using on a regular basis. This would give me an excuse to pull out all of the following:

Med balls
Forza sword
Indian clubs
Heavy bag
Cage Fitness bag
Kettlebells
Dumbbells
Barbells
Resistance Bands / Loops
Pilates circle
Elliptical
Rebounder
Cheer Poms
Hula Hoops
Bellydance veils
Step / High Step
Fit Tower
Body Bar
Bo Staff
Sandbag
Slide board
Full size exercise ball
Yoga blocks & strap
Ankle weights
Jump rope
Yoga wheel
Agility ladder
Tae Bo Amped bar

Suspension Trainer
Adjustable weight bench
Pull Up assist bands

I may add to this list if I think of more, but my gears are turning now and I realize this could be a lot of fun!!
I guess I could do something like this. I am an equipment fiend as well Lol
We pretty much match but I don't have Cage Fitness, cheer poms, belly dance veils, bo staff, yoga wheel or agility ladder.

I do have a gladiator wall (probably my favorite piece of equipment) and pilates specialty equipment. I use most of my equipment regularly but haven't visited the sword or Indian clubs for a while. I love it all and my main limitation is a need for recovery time and a job that likes to swallow me whole at times
Old 07-10-21, 03:19 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I guess I could do something like this. I am an equipment fiend as well Lol
We pretty much match but I don't have Cage Fitness, cheer poms, belly dance veils, bo staff, yoga wheel or agility ladder.

I do have a gladiator wall (probably my favorite piece of equipment) and pilates specialty equipment. I use most of my equipment regularly but haven't visited the sword or Indian clubs for a while. I love it all and my main limitation is a need for recovery time and a job that likes to swallow me whole at times
Yes, I work way too much to enjoy all my toys!! This would be a good way to revisit some of them. And again, in keeping with the theme of this thread, every DVD or video workout that I could use with each of these toys would most likely each be from a different instructor.

If I wasn't an apartment dweller, I would love to have a gladiator wall!!

ETA: The equipment I use the most are the basics: dumbbells, kettlebells, heavy bag, elliptical and sometimes the step. I will randomly pull out one of the other items but they don't get nearly enough use!
Old 07-10-21, 03:48 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherBear View Post
How will it work? We pick 20 instructors or do you throw out a name and everyone picks a WO?
I'm sure I have 20 instructors in my bins of dvds but look forward to finding new instructors/Youtube stuff (that I never have looked at).
I like both ideas! My plan was for each of us to pick out our own instructors. It will be fun to learn about new instructors from each other. We can update what we like/dislike about the workouts too.
Old 07-10-21, 03:51 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
Good idea! I've been on a Jessica Smith kick lately, and I am loving it, but I feel bad for my other instructors! 😄
Lol. It’s going to be hard for me to give up my Margaret Richard’s and Jessica DVD’s for 20 days, but I’ve got a stack of virgins and dustbunnies that need attention :-)
Old 07-10-21, 03:58 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Darn! I don't have any unchartered dvds (with the exception of CLX, which I have Joni-Oed at every attempt since it came out lol). I usually keep a fitness "candy jar" but had a tough few months and emptied it I just ordered refills from Mary and they will be here next week. I could start late but wouldn't have enough to finish any way. Wish I had better internet services!!
They don’t have to be unchartered, just different instructors :-) It’s just a way to shake things up a bit. Also, don’t feel like you have to do 20 different instructors. We just try our best. Take rest days, have fun!

I have a lot of DVDs, but mostly reach for the same workouts. Would love to have you join and talk about what you like/don’t like (if you want) about your workouts. It’s a great way for us to learn about other workouts and maybe a little about each other.
Old 07-10-21, 04:07 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post

Med balls
Forza sword
Indian clubs
Heavy bag
Cage Fitness bag
Kettlebells
Dumbbells
Barbells
Resistance Bands / Loops
Pilates circle
Elliptical
Rebounder
Cheer Poms
Hula Hoops
Bellydance veils
Step / High Step
Fit Tower
Body Bar
Bo Staff
Sandbag
Slide board
Full size exercise ball
Yoga blocks & strap
Ankle weights
Jump rope
Yoga wheel
Agility ladder
Tae Bo Amped bar

Suspension Trainer
Adjustable weight bench
Pull Up assist bands

That’s impressive! I almost bought a Jane Fonda hula hoop workout at the thrift store last week. Sadly, when I opened the box, the hoop was gross looking so I passed on it. My daughter loves hula hoop workouts so I was looking forward to trying one.
Old 07-10-21, 04:18 PM  
Karla25

I didn’t stop to think about rest days. Should we try for 25 days and 20 instructors, or just try to get in as many as we can in 20 days?

Often, I will do a couple of workouts in a day. For example, cardio and light stretching or yoga. Doing 2 workouts would give you a rest day, but it might be too much for some. What do you think?

Tags
check-in, virgin workouts