Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-15-21, 10:38 PM  
angie_nrs

Give yourself a break Kat. It sounds like you have a pretty busy schedule and you did just graduate from BR. Maybe take a week or so to yourself and don't beat yourself up if you don't do anything for a short period of time. Your body will probably thank you for it.

It is hard for me too to workout really early or late. I was going to skip todays workout b/c I wanted to hang out with hubs and chat. But, he got called to the neighbors house to help with a mechanical issue at 7pm. So, I figured I might as well do #7 for the last time. I had already eaten and it was a pretty carb heavy meal (which I don't normally do, but dang! I had a pizza craving!) so I was pretty miserable doing the w/o. I got through it though with some grunting and no modifications except push ups on the knees (that I always do). Oh, how I hate push ups! I was so glad to get it over with and I'm still one workout ahead for the week.

I'll weigh in tomorrow. Last week the eats weren't good and I thought the scale was going to yell at me, but I was pleasantly surprised at the number. I hope that holds true for tomorrow too, but I guess we'll see. Regardless of what the scale says, my bod is looking much more toned and my jeans are feeling pretty loose. Everything seems more pulled in, so I am very happy with the results so far. What I love about the program is that the workouts are just over 30 minutes, so it's much more difficult for me to skip out on workouts.
Old 09-20-21, 01:15 PM  
kat999

Thanks for the support, Angie. My plantar fasciitis is acting up, and I've decided to take a few days of just gentle yoga and stretching to get it back under control before resuming BS. Today I did a gentle Jessica Smith yoga. Tomorrow will be a rest day, and then I'll see how I'm feeling on Wednesday.
Old 09-22-21, 07:59 PM  
angie_nrs

The beginning of this week was Phase 3. Monday was w/o #9 and it was definitely tougher than last week. Dive bombers and push ups with a kick. I did the modification with the push ups like I always do, but they are still hard. I felt the chest for sure. This will be on tap again for tomorrow.

Tuesday was w/o 10, and again, it was a step up in intensity. I was grateful for the half moons on the last circuit. I can do those fairly easy, but the sweat still drips from my body while holding the pose. I appreciate the balance moves in these workouts. I need to work on balance and her balance moves seem really difficult at first, but by the 4th time you do the workout.....not so much. So clearly those balance stabilizers are getting stronger.

I did cardio 3 today and it was a sweat fest. I should have stuck with my fast and did the workout before eating, but I ate first. For me, that's not a great idea at all. I had to take a little breather in the middle of the 3rd time through. It's my own fault. I will NOT eat before doing that w/o again b/c I just kinda felt like I was 'phoning it in'. This cardio is tougher, but doable. She packs a lot in that 34 minute time frame. I really hate those one legged hops, but the reps are very short.

I was a sweaty mess on all 3 workouts. I'm also noticing some new hip flexor DOMS and low back too. My arms and torso are showing some nice definition gains and I really noticed my legs (particularly inner thighs) are showing more muscle definition than before. The legs kind of baffle me, b/c it doesn't seem like a lot of leg work. Hmmmm?? I really haven't dropped weight with this program, but I have gained muscle and definition. It would seem I've also lost some fat too since the definition is noticeable. Not too shabby for about 34 minutes 5 days per week.

Kat - hope the PF goes away for you. I've struggled with that in the past as well. It is no fun Yeah, I'd do some Yoga and other stuff for a while and then get back to Jill when you feel up to it. She's not going anywhere! LOL!
Old 09-23-21, 08:14 AM  
Malinda

Just popping in to say Way to Go, angie_nrs! You are rocking this rotation!
Old 09-24-21, 02:53 PM  
angie_nrs

Awwwww, Malinda. That's so sweet. Thank you very much!

Week 1 of Phase 3 is now in the books! Well, I should do the cardio tomorrow, but I take my weekends off, so that won't be happening.

After doing w/o 10 today, I noticed a few things. It seems like Jill does the balance moves after some sort of cardio interval. That makes those moves so dang tough, and I struggle with balance moves anyways. Those one legged pigeon squats are so wobbly for me, but I still do my best. With the half moons, I don't use a weight but instead just put my hand on the floor and there's some muscle tremblies going on for sure. I was sweatin buckets at the final circult. That last cardio blast......the windmills with weights.....she seems to go on forever with those! Oh my! I'm tempted to go with 1 or even 2 pounders on those, but I grunt it out with the 3's.

The first time I did #10 it was raining outside. In this w/o there is a dripping sound in the music at the beginning of the 3rd circuit. I thought there was a leak somewhere in the house. LOL! I kinda laughed at it this time around and was glad it wasn't the house.

The cardio moves in both 9 and 10 are certainly a step up from the previous workouts. I like that these workouts aren't frantic, but they offer a really good challenge. I find these to be almost like a P90X and Katami 4x4 hybrid all boiled down into a 35 minute routine. I'm so glad ya'll (especially you Kat!) enabled me with this thread.
Old 09-27-21, 01:09 PM  
kat999

Kudos to everybody! I am finally feeling some relief from the PF but am going to continue taking it easy this week. Today was just another Jessica Smith stretching routine, and then I'm going to try to take a walk this afternoon and see if my foot manages to feel okay from that.

I think it was less JM that did me in with this flare and more a combination of things. If you suffer from PF, rest and compression and switching up what you're doing seem to help, at least for me. I had a flare almost this bad a few years ago when I was running up to six miles a day. I had to really scale some things back temporarily, but it did eventually ease up.
Old 09-29-21, 06:56 PM  
kat999

On a whim, I did Body Shred Fire Up (Cardio 1) today, to see if I'm ready to get back on the Body Shred wagon. And, with some modification, it went fine and I don't feel any extreme PF distress. Yay!

If I do fully resume the program tomorrow, it'll be because my foot continues to feel better in the morning. We shall see! I'm cautiously optimistic.
Old 10-01-21, 11:53 AM  
angie_nrs

Woot! on the BS workouts Kat. Do you think the BR program had any impact on your PF or did it flare from running....or something else? Thus far in Phase 3 Jill certainly has increased the impact and intensity on her cardio. I just wonder if that had anything to do with it?

I just finished w/o 10, which puts the first half of Phase 3 in the rear view mirror for now! Whew.....that was intense. I am glad to be done with that last cardio of windmills with the 3 pounders in w/o 10. I was starting to dread that. But, now i get to move on to a new set of workouts next week. I must say, I love that about this program. If you can make it 4 times thru the workout, you put them behind you and move on. Now, on to see what new kind of torture Jill has in mind for workouts 11 and 12.

It's funny. When I first started this program, I thought it would be way too easy and I would have to add on some other stuff. The first few weeks, i did add in a Firm Ab routine here and there, but soon realized that wasn't necessary. Now, on Phase 3, I wouldn't even consider adding something else in. I'm a dripping sweaty mess at the end of these workouts. The only thing I sometimes add on is a few extra stretches.

I've been writing some notes on the program as I move thru it and I'll share my observations on the whole thing when it's completed in a couple of weeks. I have already gotten my money's worth out of it, so I am thrilled! Without a doubt when I finish the program, I will still use these workouts as stand alones on days that I just want a good short cardio or metabolic muscle w/o. That's pretty much how I use my Katami 4x4's and I'm sure I'll do the same with these.
Old 10-01-21, 12:23 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
Woot! on the BS workouts Kat. Do you think the BR program had any impact on your PF or did it flare from running....or something else? Thus far in Phase 3 Jill certainly has increased the impact and intensity on her cardio. I just wonder if that had anything to do with it?
In some ways, I do think so, so now that I'm back on the BS wagon, I think I'm going to continue to take the impact much lower than she does in the cardio segments. Did that today and it seemed to work. I'm going to try to get in a gentle jog this weekend to see if that seems to make the PF worse or not. The flares have been much less the past few days, even though I've resumed working out beyond just yoga and stretching.
Old 10-04-21, 12:00 PM  
kat999

Finished the first round of Week 2 of BS today, so I'm pretty much back on track. The weather prevented me from running this weekend, so I'm not sure if the PF is fully healed yet, but it seems to be continuing to get better. I'm still modifying down the impact of the cardio, but today felt very doable.

Tags
body revolution, body shred, check-in, jillian, jillian michaels