Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-30-21, 11:06 AM  
kat999

Good job, ASAS!

Today was back to Workout 7 in BR. Last night's restorative yoga was really helpful in reducing some soreness/DOMS I've been struggling with, which was good, because this was the cycle where I increase my weight sizes again. I got through all of this workout with 5, 7, and 8 lbs., and while I modified the cardio to make it lower impact, I didn't do it for all the circuits. I didn't feel like the 8s were that much heavier than the 7s through most heavy moves, until near the end when I just could NOT do another set of surrenders and instead swapped in a seated clean and press, but still used the 8s.

I burned more calories in this session than I have in any singular BR session all summer, and it was all down to the weight sizes and modifying less. Even with all that, I was happy that my HR stayed where I wanted it to and didn't pop into the 170s at all.
Old 07-30-21, 09:03 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Thanks! And same goes for you, you are killing those workouts!

Glad to hear your restorative yoga made you feel better, I am a bit sore today, and skipped my workout because of the lack of good sleep, I went to sleep yesterday night and finally fall asleep at around 6 - 7 a.m. hopefully I will get back to it tomorrow.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-21, 07:01 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Today's workout: JM's Killer Arms & Back Level 2 + Killer Abs Level 2 + XTFMax: Stretch. Killer combo! I got both done since I wanted to be free tomorrow. Today I used my Workout 180 for the first circuit, so I put my dumbbells on it, did the burpees to row, plank with triceps extensions, kneeling bicep curls (my modification for the superman to bicep curl combo), and dips, it was still challenging, but less dreadful. I did better today with the bear crawls and crab crawls. KAL2 was fun! I used some other equipment (like: one clubz, mini stability ball and my Corebar, plus light hand weights ) than just dumbbells, still did the same movement, it was fun adding in other fitness toys. Done with week three!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 10:27 AM  
angie_nrs

You girls know that you're enablers, right?

I started JMBR last week and was pleasantly surprised. I like the workouts!
Jillian can be a bit loud, but it's tolerable. The music is OK.....not bad, but not great. I was wondering if 30 minutes was going to be enough. It's not hard, but I don't feel like I'm wasting my time either. Actually the second time around was better than the first since I knew which weights would be better. So, I worked up a better sweat the second time around.

Actually, I think I will be more inclined not to skip workouts since they are only 30 minutes or so. Although, I will likely always skip that second cardio workout on the weekends since I don't like doing workouts on the weekend.

Oddly enough, I found that these workouts spiked my appetite. I don't really like that, but it makes sense considering I'm doing exercises that my body isn't used to. This is the first time I've attempted to do an actual rotation in a long time. It's kinda nice knowing exactly which workout is on the agenda for the day without giving it any thought.

I just wanted to do something different, so I really don't have any goals with this rotation. If I lose some weight, then great. If not, that's OK too. I weigh myself every week and have for at least a year now just so that I don't get way off track. I'm not following her eating plan b/c I'm fine with my current plan.

Thanks for enabling girls! I think I'm going to like this.
Old 08-01-21, 12:08 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
Thanks for enabling girls! I think I'm going to like this.
Yay, Angie! I'm glad you're having fun with it! I will say it did spike my appetite in the beginning, too, which is partly why I stopped doubling up with a second workout later in the day (on the assumption that I wasn't doing "enough" with only a 30-minute session). That helped. It also helps to only do the cardio disc once or twice and then on subsequent cardio days just do some other kind of cardio that I like, even if it's just a different JM workout. That helps, too.

Today I did Workout 8 again with my new heavier weight sizes, and it was great! I burned more calories this time than any other time doing this one. I modified almost entirely on the cardio segments only (as well as the surfer get-ups because there is no way I can do that ). Blasted through the whole thing feeling super energized and great!

I actually took an unscheduled rest day yesterday (I just counted the rest day that I'm due in a couple of days as yesterday, so I'll skip it when it comes around) due to a migraine that lasted from the middle of the night to early evening. But fortunately I feel all better today and doing this workout helped even more.
Old 08-02-21, 09:00 PM  
angie_nrs

Ugh Kat.....sorry about those migranes. Been there....done that. I haven't had one now in almost a year. I hope I'm done with them. They are just horrible and will definitely ruin a day....or two.

It occurred to me today that these workouts remind me a lot of the Katami 4x4 workouts. At this point, I think they are a little easier, but I know that's gonna change. I have been putting Katami into my regular routines for quite a while now. I definitely got my money's worth out of that set!

I like that these workouts move along rather quickly with little time lost. I like to get in there and get it done. I think I can do a workout 4 times in a 2 week period without much dread. If it was much more than that, I doubt that would be the case.....but after 2 weeks, I know I'll be ready to try something fresh and new again.
Old 08-03-21, 02:21 PM  
kat999

Thanks for the kind words, Angie.

I took an unscheduled rest day yesterday due to scheduling problems, and that was supposed to be a cardio day, so instead today I took an hourlong interval power walk/jog outdoors and am "banking" half of that for yesterday's credit and the other half for the cardio that would come after the next two days of doing workouts 7 and 8. So on Friday I move on to Phase 3!!!! I'm so excited.

Also, it was nice to get back to jogging. I took all of July off because it was just way too hot. Today the weather was ridiculously perfect. I may fit in some shorter sessions as add-ons on days when the weather is cooperating, because it was extremely mentally beneficial to be out in nature again. My foot has been really acting up, which also dissuaded me from anything high impact, so I just kept my jogging intervals to an absolute minimum and wore plantar-fasciitis supporting socks. Went fine and I didn't have any significant pain or anything. Yay!
Old 08-04-21, 08:45 AM  
kat999

Workout 7 this morning! My last time through. I'm going to miss this one. The only modifications I did were for cardio, although I had some interference when one of my cats decided to lie down underneath me while doing planks and pushups, so I had to go a little slower.

Tomorrow is Workout 8, and then I move on to the next phase!!!! This summer doing this program has just FLOWN by!
Old 08-05-21, 11:01 AM  
kat999

Workout 8 this morning! Only modifications were cardio plus honestly a couple of the moves are now getting too easy, so for the second pass through the side lunge to a crossover lunge with biceps engaged, I swapped in a deadlift to a clean-and-press with heavier weights. I burned 225 calories, my average HR was 146, and although it did shoot up to 175 briefly (which is 5 over what I want to keep as my max), it recovered quickly. (I had also had a big coffee right beforehand, so I think that might have cranked it a bit.)

So excited to move on to Phase 3 tomorrow! I can't believe I've gotten this far!
Old 08-06-21, 11:45 AM  
kat999

WORKOUT 9! PHASE 3! Woo! I made it to the final month! And good GRIEF, but I had to modify a lot of this! Suddenly I feel like everything got cranked up to 11. This was hard, hard, hard, but I got through with a lot of cursing and grunting. It wasn't so much the cardio that I had to modify as it was just the sheer, sheer number of weird moves that I just wasn't sure I could even try. Next time around, I'll try a little harder. But now I am really scared for workout 10 tomorrow!

Tags
body revolution, body shred, check-in, jillian, jillian michaels