Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-24-21, 12:32 PM  
angie_nrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
THANK YOU!!!!!

I'm hoping to give them a try next week. I also got the other set in the mail yesterday but haven't had a chance to even open the package yet. I'll have to decide which one to start with first. I'll also have to figure out a way to scale them back to 4-5 days per week. I take my weekends off of working out b/c I'm outside all the time doing stuff. I've noticed that the fresh air and sun work better for me than workouts indoors when it comes to the scale. Summer is short, so I gotta take advantage of it while it's here.
Old 07-24-21, 01:21 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
THANK YOU!!!!!

I'm hoping to give them a try next week. I also got the other set in the mail yesterday but haven't had a chance to even open the package yet. I'll have to decide which one to start with first. I'll also have to figure out a way to scale them back to 4-5 days per week. I take my weekends off of working out b/c I'm outside all the time doing stuff. I've noticed that the fresh air and sun work better for me than workouts indoors when it comes to the scale. Summer is short, so I gotta take advantage of it while it's here.
If it's between BR and BS, I would definitely recommend starting with BR. For both programs, there's a built in rest day every week, and then you can consider active outdoor activities for Saturdays as one of your cardio workouts.

Today I swapped Cardio 2 in BR for three segments of the 10 Minute Solution Knockout Body (Jessica Smith's kickboxing with weighted gloves). I didn't actually use my weighted gloves, though, and I kept to the lower-impact routines to continue helping my foot heel. Still got a fabulous workout, burned about as many calories as I do with the BR cardio workouts, and all in 30 minutes!

I noticed today that my waist definitely looks narrower. So I am for sure seeing clear results in terms of leaning out.
Old 07-24-21, 01:26 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
THANK YOU!!!!!

You are welcome!!!

Maybe you could eliminate the cardio on Saturdays, and have your weekends free, both rotations are the same: Push - Pull - Cardio - Push - Pull - Cardio - Rest. Whichever you decide to start with, have fun with it!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-21, 02:25 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

You've got me watching the Body Revolution and Bodyshred clips on YouTube now! I've done one or maybe 2 weeks of Body Revolution before and I love Jillian in this set, but I never followed through. I have such a hard time sticking with one program/instructor, but I know that if I do I will see the results I want. I just can never seem to stop looking at all the other options sitting there on my DVD shelves and all the other equipment I could be using

So I'm reading this thread for motivation and will try to get some of my other workouts in for the rest of this month so I can get the "want to do them" out of my system, and maybe try to start JMBR on August 1.

ETA: That's a good point about the cardio, too. I can use the cardio days to substitute workouts I feel like I'm missing out on. Especially martial arts/boxing type workouts, which are mainly cardio.
Old 07-24-21, 02:50 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
You've got me watching the Body Revolution and Bodyshred clips on YouTube now! I've done one or maybe 2 weeks of Body Revolution before and I love Jillian in this set, but I never followed through. I have such a hard time sticking with one program/instructor, but I know that if I do I will see the results I want. I just can never seem to stop looking at all the other options sitting there on my DVD shelves and all the other equipment I could be using

So I'm reading this thread for motivation and will try to get some of my other workouts in for the rest of this month so I can get the "want to do them" out of my system, and maybe try to start JMBR on August 1.

ETA: That's a good point about the cardio, too. I can use the cardio days to substitute workouts I feel like I'm missing out on. Especially martial arts/boxing type workouts, which are mainly cardio.
Yeah, I just try to do a cardio WO that is 30-45 minutes long and burns a similar amount of calories as the current phase's cardio. I'm finding that I can really only do her cardio workout once or twice before I'm bored, since you do it for an entire month, twice a week. Swap at will!

BTW, for something really scary, watch the final workout from BodyShred on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9aWTC4W0Sk It's called "Opus" and is an add-on and I haven't done it but I sat and watched the whole thing one day and was like, "This is fine, I can do this, I can do this, OH NO THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE WHAT."
Old 07-24-21, 03:25 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post

BTW, for something really scary, watch the final workout from BodyShred on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9aWTC4W0Sk It's called "Opus" and is an add-on and I haven't done it but I sat and watched the whole thing one day and was like, "This is fine, I can do this, I can do this, OH NO THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE WHAT."
Lol, yeah, I've watched that one before. Definitely something I would have to work up to...for a while!!!
Old 07-24-21, 07:16 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Today's workouts: Killer Abs Level 1 + Totally Cool Step 2 (25 mins.) + XTFMax: Stretch. Two weeks of level 1 completed! Tomorrow is a rest day. I tried TCS2 to see how long I could go this time just for fun, the first time I tried it years ago, I got lost in the warm up and I never tried it again until now well I did the warm up this time just fine so I kept going, I stopped it at ten minutes, and watched the tutorial for the first three combos, and went back again from the beginning, and did again for 15 minutes, it wasn't perfect, but I got some of the steps right, there is hope! The music is great in this one.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-21, 12:07 PM  
kat999

Good job, everybody! Woo!

Today I was back to Workout 7, and I really only modified on the cardio to lower the impact. This one and 8 are definitely my favorites now, and it's just continuing to feel hard but doable. Tomorrow I'll do 8 again, some kind of cardio, and then when my next cycle of 7 and 8 starts on Wednesday, I'm going to increase my weights again! I can tell, though, that I'll sometimes need to re-intergrate some smaller ones in for certain moves. I did the W lifts today with 3s instead of 5s, for example, because today my shoulders are sore. But next week I hope to be able to either stick with 5s or go to 6s. My current heaviest weight is 7s, but I'm starting to think I can get to 8 with no problem (I don't know that I want to go much heavier than 8s for her heaviest work, just because the pace of these is pretty fast, but this makes me confident that for slower-paced sculpting workouts like older Jari Love stuff, I can go up to 10 and even heavier with no problem now).
Old 07-26-21, 11:48 AM  
kat999

Workout 8 today! I modified UP a few times, only down for some (not all) of the cardio, and I feel fantastic! Woo!

Tomorrow is cardio, but I'll swap in probably some kickboxing, and then I may move my rest day to Thursday, because I'm scheduled to take a restorative yoga class that day.
Old 07-27-21, 11:12 AM  
kat999

Today was cardio day, but I swapped in 3 segments from 10 Minute Solution Knockout Body (w/Jessica Smith), and this time I used the weighted gloves. Got a great workout, similar calorie burn to Cardio 2, and I feel FANTASTIC!

I'm torn on what to do next because of my restorative yoga class Thursday night, which I'm going to count as the BR rest day, but that leaves tomorrow as a question mark. I think I'm not going to start next week's cycles of WOs 7 and 8 yet and instead will swap in an old-school FIRM or Fonda just for a little reboot. I think I'm in need of a little cross-training and lower-impact that I can do all the way through without modifying. Then after Thursday, I'll start the next cycle and increase my weight sizes.

Tags
body revolution, body shred, check-in, jillian, jillian michaels