Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-19, 02:14 PM  
CharM

Today I did Petra Kolber's Bootcamp Boogie. AsSweetAsSugar told me it was more bootcamp than boogie, and she was right, which is a good thing for me because I have two left feet. I had trouble with the four singles jogs, 3 and 1, and 1 and 3 on the left side, no problem on the right. haha That's so weird when that happens. Overall, it was fun, although a bit repetitive.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 06:57 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
.... I had trouble with the four singles jogs, 3 and 1, and 1 and 3 on the left side, no problem on the right. haha That's so weird when that happens....
This happens to me too...only I am never which side is gonna have a hard time keeping it up..it's different for different workouts.

I did Xtrain Bis and tris...loved every minute of this workout! So glad I bought it

ETA: I did Xtrain chest, back, shoulders. I enjoyed this one as well. I will repeat this series of strength workouts which is saying alot because I generally need to switch up right away.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 11:56 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

On Christmas Day I did 2 new to me Linda Woolridge downloads that I purchased in a recent sale:
1) Ball Mat
2) Pilates Ball Mat. These are some of her older workouts and I liked them because of the slower (as in normal) pace. However the Pilates one was very hard for me and my back was sore the next day.

Today I did Gliding Booty Beautiful with Keli Roberts. I may have done this ages ago but I do not remember so I am counting this as a new workout. I liked it and I think it is a keeper (for now.)
I have several other never done gliding workouts I need to do.

ETA: The Gliding workout also uses a Body Bar. I have 2 body bars, 1 which is shorter than the Body Bar brand from a Firm set. I haven’t used these in ages so it was nice using equipment that has been collecting dust.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 01:42 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Happy New Year everyone.

Today I did a virgin download from Linda Woolridge. Overload Series Define. I like it although there were several standing to floor transitions that were difficult to navigate using my laptop. So in the future I will have to do this by connecting my laptop to my TV. I was too lazy to bring the laptop into my basement gym to do this today. I wrote a note on my downloads document to do this in the future.

ETA: I tweaked my back on one of the moves here. I got a minor back spasm and was very sore the next day.
Old 01-04-20, 02:39 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Today I did the Gliding Total Body Sculpting workout with Mindy Mylrea. It is on a DVD with 3 workouts. I liked that Mindy wasn’t over the top excited and that it wasn’t too fast. I really liked some of the ab moves but other than that the exercises weren’t that different than those on the gliding workout by Keli Roberts I did last week although there were more upper body moves.
I will try the buns and legs workout to see if I am going to keep this. I previewed the cardio workout on this DVD and it is not my cup of tea.

ETA: I have two more gliding workouts to try, the body bar gliding one with Mindy and Keli and the Double G workout that uses a light medicine ball and the gliders.
Old 01-04-20, 07:40 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Yesterday I did Ice Chiseled Upper Body. The workout is not what I would consider a typical Cathe weight workout and I really enjoyed it!
Old 01-07-20, 10:33 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Moon View Post
Yesterday I did Ice Chiseled Upper Body. The workout is not what I would consider a typical Cathe weight workout and I really enjoyed it!
Noel, I have this on my maybe list.

When you get a moment, can you tell what you mean by the typical part of Cathe that you dislike?

Or maybe a workout that you like (even from a different instructor) which is something you think it's similar to give me a frame of reference?

Thanks for your thoughts! :-)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 03:30 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Chiseled UB is one of my favorite Cathe workouts. You feel very worked out, but it is not as difficult as some of her others. A perfect intermediate workout
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 05:47 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

My “new” old workout for the day was Mike Donavanik’s Extreme Burn #1. This is a keeper.

Lori
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 11:20 AM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Noel, I have this on my maybe list.

When you get a moment, can you tell what you mean by the typical part of Cathe that you dislike?

Or maybe a workout that you like (even from a different instructor) which is something you think it's similar to give me a frame of reference?

Thanks for your thoughts! :-)
It's atypical as it isn't overkill, or a (warp speed) rep until you want to scream workout. For a few years I quit buying new Cathe releases because they just seemed more of the same. Her (way) older workouts and newer "intermediate" workouts are much more up my alley. They are plenty challenging without the drudgery.

Chiseled Upper Body has quite a bit of core work in the mix. For this reason, it seems fresh to me. It moves along at a good but doable pace. As nyskier mentioned, it's intermediate but you feel worked out when you're done. I'm not sure if there is another workout that is similar. I read VF reviews of Chiseled UB after I did it to see if the general consensus was as positive as mine. It seems to be an Ice Series favorite, and many reviewers also mentioned it being different. If you decide to get it, I feel safe to say you'll like it.

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins