Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-04-19, 10:15 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
We have a barn where two of the stalls we made into rooms for a workout room. It's a little scary going out there in the dark which I have to do (we had a mountain lion take one of our dogs right in front of our house), and then today there was someone having a skirmish on the roof right over my head! Very strange. I'm sure it was either a raccoon or rats. Maybe both!
Wow, sounds like wild kingdom in your neck of the woods. I am sorry about your dog. That is scary! We get deer, fox, raccoons, skunk and occasionally bear (I didn't see one but my neighbor did)

Anyway I came here to check in. I did Bernadette Giorgi's Pilates Circle Challenge. I got it from my secret santa and hadn't done it because I only recently got a Pilates circle. I decided to try it this morning and I liked it although I found the sections for the legs awkward. It is so hard to place the circle between your ankles or knees in a side lying or face down position. This applies to all Pilates Circle workouts not just this one. After wrestling with the darn circle for too long I gave up and did those moves without it. Much better.

I decided that since I have less than a month until I go on vacation instead of starting a strength training program like from Nia Shanks or Jen Sinkler, I would just do virgin workouts, trying to concentrate on DVDs. I just got downloads but if I do DVDs and don't like them I can donate or sell them and GET THEM OUT OF THE HOUSE.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-19, 11:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday I literally took the shrink wrap off Bar Method Super Sculpting II. I was always afraid to try it but I enjoyed it very much. It was nicely challenging but doable for the most part and the BM stretches always feel wonderful. Glad I finally did it.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-19, 12:31 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Today I took shrink wrap off of Cathe Total Body Giant Sets -- it arrived yesterday with a couple of KCM's I ordered over the weekend when Collage had that great sale. I really liked it! I went quite a bit lighter than Cathe and even no weights at all on some of the leg work with slider. Worked for me!

Thanks, lreidgreen. I am with you on trying things and getting them out of the house if I don't like them....... in theory! Then I think "well, maybe I would like this some day" and truth be told, I have a fair number of workouts that I didn't like at first and then ended up getting a lot of use from. But, it is a little ridiculous how many dvds I have.

Have a great day all -- happy Friday!
Old 10-04-19, 02:04 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I have a bunch of workouts that are not in shrink wrap that I haven't done (trades or opened and never did) but two sets I ordered from Linda Woolridge just arrived today so I have some shrinkwrap to tear off.
I want to try to get through older ones first though if possible.
Up for tomorrow: Paul Katami's Band Camp
Old 10-05-19, 08:51 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verine View Post
Today I did Debra Bono's Afro-Caribbean Step. I didn't get all the moves the first time around, but I'm sure next time will be better. Although I only do step sporadically, I am going to keep this since there are so few step instructors who do dancey (as opposed to athletic) step anymore.
Sounds good, wish I could find a preview of this one!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 09:27 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Today I tried the following workouts:
Paul Katami Band Camp- I didn't get far as the tubing I had was too thick to use with the exercises-I need a lower resistance set of tubing which I don't feel like getting so this one is going (maybe to share the wealth)

Megamad Essentials (Mark DeGrasse) This uses kettlebells, sandbags and bodyweight. I did some of the tutorials but TBH I can no longer do ballistic moves with the kettlebell, don't have a sandbag and right now some of the bodyweight exercises are off limits due to my foot surgery. I might keep this as an aspirational workout but I am not sure. I figured out that I can do some of the ballistic kettlebell moves without any weight for a cardio effect.

Shadow-Jitsu by Joey Alvarado. I did part of this once ages ago. Today I did some of the moves in the tutorial and the warmup. I started writing down the moves in each workout but by that time I already killed so much time "doing" these virgin workouts I didn't get far. I think I will keep this even though some of the moves are high impact. The good thing about trying this one is that it brought attention to the fact that I have lost some of my abilities due to inactivity after my surgery. For one thing I need to practice getting up off the floor and I wouldn't have thought of doing that if I didn't try this workout.

So this exercise in going through my virgin confirms what I was thinking and others have been saying. It takes up a lot of time and today I got very little actual exercise done because I was fiddling with these workouts.
Old 10-05-19, 09:34 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I did the brand new Raviana today -- so not like I was pulling an old virgin off my shelf, but it was a virgin. I haven't done any kundalini yoga in a long time, so it was good -- I really enjoyed it and I think I'll probably work my KY in my routine again.

lreidgreen, what you did today can be so frustrating but it's great that you were able to pull good things out of it. Way to go!
Old 10-05-19, 09:48 PM  
Vantreesta

Oooh, I'm gonna have to look up Megamad Essentials. I hadn't heard of that one!

ETA Bummer, looks like it isn't available anymore.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-19, 11:17 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Another new virgin for me: KCM's Build & Burn. I did the Cardio Core workout which was a 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest non-stop cardio fest with a lot of focus on the core. I enjoyed it. Followed it up with some Essentrics which I do actually have shrink wrap on one dvd, but I didn't do that one this morning. I think my plan for a while is to work through the Build & Burn 30 minute workouts with Essentrics/CS added on for the second half hour. We'll see how long I can stick with it!
Old 10-08-19, 07:55 AM  
Vantreesta

10 pages on this thread already! Fantastic!

Yesterday I did a new to me one, Crunchless Abs Total Body Sculpting, which was short and could make use of my Hoist weight stack now that I know what the exercises are. They use a band with door attachment. I used just a band for the first exercise then dumbbells and then the upper pulley on the Hoist. Since it's short I may try to do it again soon using the Hoist for more of it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins