Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-15, 11:28 PM  
yahoo205

Sneaker Recs For Zero 0 or minimal drop differential sneakers but NOT Minimalist ?

I really want sneakers that are pretty level with a lot of (or at least some) cushioning, stability, support but NOT minimalist shoes. Does it exist?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-15, 01:35 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Nike Free?
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-15, 02:04 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
Nike Free?
I have a pair of nike Free TR Fit and like them but want some more cushioning for impact but still prefer a neutral pitch or minimal differential for weight training.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-15, 02:07 AM  
starbelly

The Merrell Mix Master (or something like that) has a 4mm drop but plenty of cushioning. The Bare Access has a zero drop but a good amount of cushioning (still might be too minimalist).
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-15, 07:04 AM  
katmom

Look at Altra Zero Drop. You can usually find them on Zappos.com OnlineShoes.com, or 6pm.com.

Here is their web site:
http://www.altrarunning.com/?gclid=C...FUk8gQod_J0ApQ
Old 03-12-15, 07:38 AM  
SandyO

I really like Altras. I have four pairs: trail running Superior (2 pairs, one to wear, one as back up since it's an old model) and Lone Peak 2.0 for longer runs; road running Intuition 1.5.

They run a little small, so trying on at a store is a good idea. They have a wide toe box which is good for my wide feet. They sell minimal to maximal cushioning, all with zero drop.

I only use mine for running, but I don't see why they wouldn't be good for walking or kettlebells.

Sandy O
Old 03-12-15, 08:17 AM  
laurajhawk

Kalso Earth shoes? They have sneaker styles with a slight negative heel. http://www.earthbrands.com/kalsoeart...ategory=active

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-15, 10:30 AM  
gladgirl

Great question, yahoo205!

I need help, too.

Would the Altra work for jump roping? I am looking for a similar shoe as yahoo205 described to use for kettlebell to jump rope circuits without having to change shoes. Would need same...cushioning (in forefoot), not minimalist, stability and level.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-15, 11:20 AM  
SandyO

Altra has minimum, moderate, and maximum cushioning all with zero drop. I would think they would be fine for jumping rope. I wore mine yesterday for a warm up of plyo moves like high knees and skaters followed by KB swings, snatches, windmills, and squats. I use the minimal cushioning, but for my feet these shoes fit like a dream.

Sandy O
Old 03-12-15, 11:54 AM  
gladgirl

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
Altra has minimum, moderate, and maximum cushioning all with zero drop. I would think they would be fine for jumping rope. I wore mine yesterday for a warm up of plyo moves like high knees and skaters followed by KB swings, snatches, windmills, and squats. I use the minimal cushioning, but for my feet these shoes fit like a dream.

Sandy O
Thank you so much!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cross trainers, jump rope, minimalist, minimalist shoes, sneakers