Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-29-12, 11:23 AM  
sherry7899

you know you're a vidiot when...

I was watching a clip of Z-Box fitness on Collage, and in the first minute of the preview, I recognized that the music was used in a Kelly Coffey Meyer dvd (I can't remember which one). Does this happen to anyone else?

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-12, 11:30 AM  
lrb04

Sherry, I notice it also. When I used to do Amy Bentos and started KCM some of the music was the same.
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-12, 11:33 AM  
Tiny

It sure does! When I previewed Mike Donavanik Extreme Burn I thought to myself this is KCM music all the way. I did her Circuit Burn premix sculpt, legs and boxing (my favorite) and it was indeed the same music! KCM also has an earlier DVD (not sure which one) that has Cathe music in it. So yep, it happens to me all the time.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-12, 11:39 AM  
Becky

How about this?

On the new Little Caesar's commercial, they play this really hokey annoying music. I immediately recognized it from one of Cathe's very first step workouts. Step Fit, I think? It was bad in that video and it's still bad today.

Here's a link to the youtube commercial so you can hear for yourself how bad the music is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFxtDR0riL0

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha

Last edited by Becky; 04-29-12 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Added link
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-12, 01:03 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
How about this?

On the new Little Caesar's commercial, they play this really hokey annoying music. I immediately recognized it from one of Cathe's very first step workouts. Step Fit, I think? It was bad in that video and it's still bad today.

Here's a link to the youtube commercial so you can hear for yourself how bad the music is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFxtDR0riL0
I don't recognize the music from Cathe although I do remember clucking chicken music that was similar to this in one of her earlier step workouts.

I find that when I hear background music in a retail store it reminds me of the DVD it came from and this happens A LOT! Even my DH recognizes the music sometimes! I think of Amy Bento when I hear Pink songs since she uses them a lot.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-12, 02:50 PM  
debbied
VF Supporter

I was in a store the other day and even said out loud, 'that's on Tonya's Step Pump."

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 04:46 PM  
neatski

Oh yes, this has definitely happened to me!

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 05:48 PM  
AnMrsDe

you know you're a vidiot when....

Not a song, per se, but....

... I recognized Jennifer Galardi on Celebrity Apprentice last week as a choreographer of a commercial jingle Clay's team was creating. I said "oh, there's Jen Galardi!" DH is like, "Who??" LOL!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 06:44 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Yes it happens a lot to me! There are a lot of repeat tunes between the Firms (especially BSS and Pink-eras) and 10 Minute Solution vids, also others like 10 Pound Slimdown, Jillian Michaels, Denise Austin, etc. Whenever I hear a repeat song, it takes me a moment to remember where it is from and what exercise. So far I've always been able to recall where the song was from!

Then I take it a step further to decide which workout or exercise I liked better
Old 05-02-12, 07:35 PM  
Michele S

YES!! Leslie (in the band workout) used the same music that was in Cathe's 1st kickboxing video. It struck me as really silly at the time!!