Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-22-08, 10:23 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Question VF on Facebook?

I was just contacted to become a "friend" by another VFer on Facebook; I was her "Secret Santa" a couple of years ago, so she may have found me through my email address. I have a few other VF Friends on Facebook as well, but I'm not sure how I would go about finding other VFers there. Would it make sense for us to start a VF group on Facebook so that VFers who use FB can find each other?

I'm actually fairly new to Facebook, so I don't know if a group is the best way to get in touch with others or even a good idea, but I thought I'd throw it out there. What do others think?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 10:30 AM  
KathAL79

Beth, I've looked for a VF group on Facebook but haven't found anything close. There are a few fan groups for Turbo Jam, Tae Bo, and things like that, plus a number of groups that make fun of many of those same ones, and there's also a number of, ahem, let's say those who watch fitness videos in the hopes of high impact moves done without proper support.
I have thought about making a group, either just for VFers or for fitness vidiots. I think if we were to make one specifically for VFers it might be worth thinking about having it be a closed group (where people would ask an administrator to join) rather than an open one (where anyone could join with the click of a button), although it's probably such a small interest group most people wouldn't bother joining just to make snarky comments or spam.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 10:39 AM  
ooty

Hi Beth!

I joined recently only because Sean (Cardiocoach) opened an account. I wanted to sing a few praises on his wall, but of course, I have kinda run out of words. How many different ways/words can I tell, "I am crazy about these workouts".

Anyways, I found a few VFers popping on my side bar where Facebook kept showing names of some VFers whom I might know and asking me to invite them.

Personally, I am too strapped for time and I like this open forum setting. But if one is opened for VFers specifically, I did definitely join. I did like it to be a bit private though.

Beth, if most people are like me, it will work for a while and then we did get caught up in life and just stop posting.
Old 09-22-08, 10:39 AM  
Christine S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79
... there's also a number of, ahem, let's say those who watch fitness videos in the hopes of high impact moves done without proper support.
LOL!

Seriously, though, I would jump to join a VF group on Facebook. There's a Ya Ya group, a couple of Cathe Friedrich groups, but nothing like VF. If someone is brave enought to start it, count me in.
Old 09-22-08, 10:42 AM  
KathAL79

Ooty, I was betting you'd join when you got that email from Sean!

Hmm, looks like there's some interest for a VF group.
For the most part most groups don't seem to do all that much, so I highly doubt any of us will find our discussion there replaces what goes on here, nor will any of us find it takes much, if any, of our time. It can be a nice way to make that vast networking site a little more personable as well as showcase your interests.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
Old 09-22-08, 10:45 AM  
KathAL79

OK, and here's a not entirely unrelated dilemma of a VFer on Facebook: I've friended Sean of CC because he asked people to do so, but I know of another instructor on there, whose group I'm in. I haven't friended that instructor mainly because I've never met that person in person, and I'm not one of those who friends random people. And I'm not that much into being the adoring fan who sends fan mail, etc. Anyone else find video instructors on Facebook? Anyone else "friend" any other instructors (besides Sean) on Facebook?

Old 09-22-08, 10:55 AM  
ooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79
Ooty, I was betting you'd join when you got that email from Sean!

Hmm, looks like there's some interest for a VF group.
For the most part most groups don't seem to do all that much, so I highly doubt any of us will find our discussion there replaces what goes on here, nor will any of us find it takes much, if any, of our time. It can be a nice way to make that vast networking site a little more personable as well as showcase your interests.
. I joined before I got that e-mail ...
but have you seen, how many have joined? .

But, I told him I was mad for dragging me there ( no, I am not really mad.. but I have resisted joining Facebook for a long time). I am bad at time management.
Old 09-22-08, 11:02 AM  
lindseylu8

I go on facebook from time to time. I would definately be interested in a VF group there! If no-one else wants to, I can attempt to create a group-I dont use facebook to know the mechanics of it that well but it cant be that difficult-LOL.
Lindsey

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 11:10 AM  
KathAL79

What should we call our VF group on Facebook?
Videofitness.com Fans
VF Vidiots Unite!
OK, I'm not very creative...

Ooty, Facebook can be a real time sucker. My high school class had a reunion lately, so that led me to spend hours with all of the People You May Know recommendations that popped up as soon as someone else added me to the friends. I probably would have my prospectus almost done by now if it wasn't for Facebook... and VF... and TV... and...

Old 09-22-08, 11:16 AM  
ooty

Exactly Kath..

I am gonna try to ration my time, but I have a weakness when it comes to CC. I justify it as helping a friend. But, I get into real trouble.. staying up to finish household chores, writing scripts in the middle of night and making mistakes, losin sleep, not playing with my little one ( this one is criminal negligence on my part).

OK, outta here.

Tags
facebook