Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-21-05, 07:12 PM  
Lisa :o)
VF Supporter

Pedmom~

Thanks for answering my questions. How funny....I just requested a gray sample! I figure the TV, treadmill, treadmill mat and TV stand are all black so a black floor would be too much. Gray seemed next best. Or maybe the lime or pink....

Lisa

Note: I have a professional relationship with a fitness instructor; see profile for details.
Lisa :o) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-05, 07:14 PM  
Lisa :o)
VF Supporter

Forgot to ask...Nancy, how much were the Costco/Home Depot ones? They don't show-up on either of those websites.

Note: I have a professional relationship with a fitness instructor; see profile for details.
Lisa :o) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-05, 06:03 AM  
paidhi
VF Supporter

Lisa, mine are purple. pedmom, I know what you mean about having to order online - I live outside the US so I have to order EVERYTHING online and pay lots of shipping and customs fees.

Lisa
paidhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-05, 06:42 AM  
Tmax626

I ordered from Great Mats a couple of years ago - I got enough to cover an 8'x8' area (16 mats) - half royal blue and half black, so they make a cool checkerboard pattern. It makes my dreary basement workout space a bit more cheerier.
I noticed them being a little slippery at first, but I don't notice it any more. Try sweeping them with a broom, that may help. Or use a dry swiffer dust mop on them (which is how I clean them regularly since they get pretty dusty in the cellar.)

sandy
Tmax626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-05, 06:51 AM  
Betsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnancy
I've got the cheap puzzle mats from Costco (I think they're at Home Depot too) and I like them. I have the textured side up, so I don't slide around, but the mat itself slides across my floor, especially with cardio. I've got them on top of carpet in the basement (concrete below) and it really helps. I had to tape the backs of them together, because, they kept coming apart. Now the whole unit moves as one.
Try using weights to anchor the corners. It helps a lot to keep the mats from sliding across the floor.
Old 04-22-05, 08:31 AM  
blemum

I love my puzzle mat

And have had no problem with slippery shoes though I do notice that my hand will sometimes slip when doing pushups but I Think I need to swiffer mine cause it's getting dusty.

I have it in the basement, just got basic black, cover approx 10 x 12 area and have the rough textured sideup. It's worked great!

Diane
blemum is offline   Reply With Quote