Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-03-21, 07:53 PM  
patrice
VF Supporter

Pet Peeves 2021

No names please! Just little things that bother you in workouts. Mine are when the instructor says slow and controlled and they are already two reps ahead of me and leading with one leg during cardio and not doing it on the other. Old grumpy vidiot problems lol!

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 08:54 PM  
fanofladyvols

Oh this should be a fun thread!

In pilates, when they tell you to get in position...and then they talk forever before starting instructing...while you try to hang there...haha

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 09:02 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

When the instructor is off beat or off count. Music is written in phrases, in multiples of 8 counts. When you listen to any music, you can hear when a phrase begins and ends. Some instructors apparently can't, or they ignore it. You don't end or start a new move in the middle of a phrase of music (whether you're just walking or not).

Also, don't tell me you're going to do a couple more and then do 4. Or 8, and then talk through the next 16 and then say 8 more. Or that we'll do 20 one way and 20 another way, and then do 32 each way.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 09:08 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

When the warm-up is a workout itself. I prefer a warm-up that actually eases into the workout, not one that's at the same intensity as the workout.
Old 09-03-21, 09:39 PM  
Leonana

This is probably my problem, as I'm too slow. But the instructor goes to the floor, or back to standing, too fast for me. I miss the first few reps trying to get into position. Most of the time I just pause the video so I can get my creaky bones in place, lol.
Old 09-03-21, 10:17 PM  
CharM

"Grab your heavy weights" ... then proceeds to grab light weights and move at breakneck speed. Why the hell'd you tell me to grab heavy?

I was lurking and had to sign in to share my peeve. haha
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 10:33 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Not cueing mirror image and starting off on her right foot, which would be my left. Very irritating!!! Being off the beat of the music. I can't do the workout if it's like that.
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 05:37 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
This is probably my problem, as I'm too slow. But the instructor goes to the floor, or back to standing, too fast for me. I miss the first few reps trying to get into position. Most of the time I just pause the video so I can get my creaky bones in place, lol.

Agree with this one. Especially when it involves different equipment. Was doing a Peloton workout and it was up down up down up down and so fast; I couldn’t keep up and all the up downs ended up being my workout. Start either on the floor or standing, switch and stay there. They have the luxury of stopping the camera and getting settled in and in place ready to go and we are scrambling.
Old 09-04-21, 06:21 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Oh, here's another one. Keeping all the dumbbells off to the side on the floor, walking over to get what you need for a bodypart and then putting them back and getting different ones for the next bodypart. Just keep them all near you. If you need to kill time between bodyparts, stretch or something.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 10:02 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Instructors who do a couple reps and then just strut around while the others work.

Zooming in on faces right when we need to see what legs or arms are doing.

"I lied, let's do x more!" Why should I trust a liar?

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pet peeves