Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-14-21, 07:58 AM  
sherry7899

[QUOTE=Joni O;2937299]Season 7 of Grace and Frankie is now up on Netflix! Sweet Magnolias is another Hallmark movie-type series. Only one season so far, though.

I tried Sweet Magnolias and could not get into it. I read the books as they came out years ago, and enjoyed them much more.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-21, 09:37 AM  
kat999

I've been trying Virgin River off and on. I liked season one enough to read the first book but really hated it. Ever since I've struggled to get through the show. I like the two main actors but the storylines just make me want to scream sometimes, "This could all be solved by having an honest conversation!" I realize that is the whole point of fiction, obviously, but at the same time it gets weirdly frustrating on that show for some reason.

For something very lighthearted and fun, my husband and I just finished a rewatch of the sitcom Happy Endings, which was originally on ABC in like 2013 or so and only lasted three seasons. It was just put on Netflix and going through that was so, so fun and comforting. The characters are very silly, the dialogue is VERY fast-paced, and it's just so nice to see people generally getting along with each other. It also gets a little saucy at times, but in a very fun way.
Old 08-14-21, 12:32 PM  
Leonana

I just finished a drama series on Acorn TV called Striking Out. It’s set in Dublin Ireland, with gorgeous cinematography of the city. It’s a legal drama, government corruption and some romance. I thought the writing and acting were really good. There’s only two seasons, but they ended it well. Some open storylines but some closure also.
Old 08-14-21, 08:20 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Big Timber on Netflix was awesome! Also, the hunky young logger was quite the reason to keep watching

I really liked season 1 of Virgin River and have grown increasingly frustrated with it since. I actually bought and read like 10 of the books in the series and it is really different than the books. (I like the books better!)

I'm rewatching all of my favorite Bravo shows on Peacock. Southern Charm, Below Deck, and Million Dollar Listing. A mind vacation indeed.

I also watched all of Nadiya Bakes and Nadiya Eats (are those the titles? hmm, can't remember). Quite enjoyable.

Anyone else a Love Island fan? I can't believe the amount of time that I've put into this show but gosh it's fun.
Lori_Michigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-21, 08:30 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
My husband and I have been bingeing The Americans on Prime (originally ran on FX from like '13 to '18). It's set in the early '80s and is about Soviet spies who infiltrate the US and pose as a suburban married couple. Really riveting, especially for folks who remember the early '80s very well and enjoy seeing callbacks to the fashion and pop culture.
I watched all but the last season on FX. I really should wrap up the series as I enjoyed it. Added to my list of things to watch. Thanks for the reminder!
Old 08-14-21, 08:37 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
My absolute favorite was Nurse Jackie!
I loved that show too! Very good acting (and quite funny at times).
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-21, 01:00 PM  
wendug

For fans of the Great British Baking Show, I recommend watching Crime Scene Kitchen. It aired on Fox earlier this summer and Joel McHale is the host. Teams of bakers are led to a kitchen "crime scene" where bakers pick up clues in the kitchen to figure out that weeks bake. Not only do the bakers have to create the mystery dessert, but it has to taste good, too. It's an interesting twist on the usual baking show and I thought the show was well done. Thumbs up!
Old 08-15-21, 08:12 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I’m just finishing up Season 5 of the Sopranos; don’t have Season 6. I like it, but my language seems to deteriorate every time I watch it. Can’t imagine why.

I recently acquired the whole run of Doc Martin so I may try that next. Or maybe Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch. Love that series.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 10:01 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
For fans of the Great British Baking Show, I recommend watching Crime Scene Kitchen. It aired on Fox earlier this summer and Joel McHale is the host. Teams of bakers are led to a kitchen "crime scene" where bakers pick up clues in the kitchen to figure out that weeks bake. Not only do the bakers have to create the mystery dessert, but it has to taste good, too. It's an interesting twist on the usual baking show and I thought the show was well done. Thumbs up!
My mom and I enjoyed this one a lot!

The other show I recently binged all of (there aren't many) is Hot Mess House on HGTV featuring decluttering expert Cas Aarssen and builder Wendell Holland in the second season. I like her approach of figuring out what kind of organizing method will work for each family rather than forcing them into one particular system. All the episodes were available via my cable On Demand but I think they're on Hulu too.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 01:31 PM  
Sollamyn

Modern Family on Hulu (I had only seen the whole series once, so decided to give it a second watch-thru).

Some old BBC stuff on Britbox - Keeping Up Appearances, The Vicar of Dibley

Vera - also on Britbox (or maybe Acorn?)

I've got lots of shows/movies queued up on Netflix, but haven't started watching them yet.

Donna

Tags
binge watch, favorite tv shows