Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-28-21, 12:19 PM  
kat999

I decided to stick with Jillian today but did Level 1 of Lift & Shred, which is all heavy, slow weights with no cardio. It was awesome. I used to have to modify this one and Level 2 a bit, but not today! Body Revolution is definitely getting me STRONG!
Old 07-28-21, 06:47 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Monday's workout: JM's Killer Buns & Thighs Level 2 + Stretch Max: Stability Ball Stretch. L2 was HARD!!! And I only used 5s. There was a lot of work on one leg, and plyo moves, the good thing is they were done at a control pace; she also did a single leg bridge on the chair, with leg extended, then she said you should be getting a cramp right there in your hamstring, well I can confirm that for sure. I used a high step with 4 risers instead of a chair.

Yesterday's workout: JM's Killer Arms & Back Level 2 + Totally Cool Step 2 (15 mins.) + Stretch Max: Resistance Band Stretch. Another tough workout, very good, but not fun as L1, at least for me. I had to modify one exercise, bicep curl to superman, it was impossible for me, I just did regular bicep curls with my 8s. I used 3s, 5s and 8s on this one.

Today's workout: Gilad's Step Aerobics + Rejuvenation: Stretch & Flex.. SA was awesome! Fun and challenging without complicated steps, thanks Gilad! I used a 6" step, great workout!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 06:48 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
I decided to stick with Jillian today but did Level 1 of Lift & Shred, which is all heavy, slow weights with no cardio. It was awesome. I used to have to modify this one and Level 2 a bit, but not today! Body Revolution is definitely getting me STRONG!
Good job!

I love this workout! L1 is my favorite, but L2 is very good too.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 07-28-21, 08:14 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:

I've been leaning towards doing the Weider PINK Fitness program with Debbie Millett. It's a 12 week olympic lifting program but it's verrryyy progressive, which appeals to me a lot. It starts very basic in week 1, and adds a little more complexity each week. Each workout is about 20 minutes long and you do each one 3 times in a week and then move on to the next one. I think it would help me build my strength without getting frustrated.

But... you are really selling me on Body Revolution, lol!! It also seems like it would help me reach my goals, but it's a little bit more time commitment (but still not nearly as much as some other programs). I work 2 jobs and short workouts are about all I can commit to most days of the week.

I like Jillian and I like Debbie, so that doesn't help I'm going to make a decision on something in order to have an August 1st start date. I'll keep reading here
Old 07-28-21, 08:43 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I've been leaning towards doing the Weider PINK Fitness program with Debbie Millett. It's a 12 week olympic lifting program but it's verrryyy progressive, which appeals to me a lot. It starts very basic in week 1, and adds a little more complexity each week. Each workout is about 20 minutes long and you do each one 3 times in a week and then move on to the next one. I think it would help me build my strength without getting frustrated.

But... you are really selling me on Body Revolution, lol!! It also seems like it would help me reach my goals, but it's a little bit more time commitment (but still not nearly as much as some other programs). I work 2 jobs and short workouts are about all I can commit to most days of the week.

I like Jillian and I like Debbie, so that doesn't help I'm going to make a decision on something in order to have an August 1st start date. I'll keep reading here
I have been wanting to do PINK too!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 10:32 AM  
kat999

Oo, I'll have to investigate PINK because that sounds really good! And yeah, Lift & Shred is one of my faves. I like L1 better than L2 but sometimes when I'm feeling REALLY ambitious I do both together back-to-back (or with a break in between). Today I am very glad I only did L1 because I am sore, sore, sore! So glad it's yoga day!

After a looooong pause I finally did a weigh-in and BP check today. BP was on the low side of normal (yay!) and weight is now down a full 6 lbs. since 6/7 (the week I started food modification before I began Body Revolution the following week; that was also the day I had my highest recorded weight in at least a couple of years, so I count it as Day 1). So that's a very, very slow loss, and I think I need to go back to weighing every day, but I can 100% tell I am leaner. I wore some bike shorts yesterday that were snug on me when I bought them earlier in the summer and now the waist is loose! My goal is still about 28 lbs. away, but I only have 2.8 lbs. to move on the BMI chart from "overweight" to "normal."

(Yes, I know BMI is pretty much junk, but I also know that I coincidentally feel my best when I am in the "normal" range.)
Old 07-29-21, 02:09 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Kat, this is the PINK system:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dxO0XBTzhAE

I have it, I did the first workout only, I think, and didn't continue, it starts veeery easy, in the first workout she teach how to do a squat and such, and no weight in the bar, nor necessarily a bad thing, but I was coming from a previous rotation that was very challenging and this wasn't challenging me enough, I should have probably approached this differently, like using the first workouts as a add on to other workouts until the workouts got more challenging. I also think this set is a good restarting set, the later workouts look very challenging and fun. I like that it is only three times a week, so there is a lot of free days to add in other stuff if desired.

Old 07-29-21, 02:12 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Kat, this is the PINK system:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dxO0XBTzhAE

I have it, I did the first workout only, I think, and didn't continue, it starts veeery easy, in the first workout she teach how to do a squat and such, and no weight in the bar, nor necessarily a bad thing, but I was coming from a previous rotation that was very challenging and this wasn't challenging me enough, I should have probably approached this differently, like using the first workouts as a add on to other workouts until the workouts got more challenging. I also think this set is a good restarting set, the later workouts look very challenging and fun. I like that it is only three times a week, so there is a lot of free days to add in other stuff if desired.
Cool! Looks interesting. Another lifting system I thought about going back to is Caroline Girvan's EPIC (I tried the prep for a few weeks and liked it, but I wasn't doing it exclusively). I like that it's free and can just use dumbbells. But this looks cool, too!
Old 07-29-21, 04:34 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Cool! Looks interesting. Another lifting system I thought about going back to is Caroline Girvan's EPIC (I tried the prep for a few weeks and liked it, but I wasn't doing it exclusively). I like that it's free and can just use dumbbells. But this looks cool, too!
I previewed some of Caroline's workout, they do look good and tough. I have not tried any yet though. I am also glad they are free!

Old 07-29-21, 04:35 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Today's workout: JM's Killer Buns & Thighs Level 2 + Ariel Shepley's 16 Minute Stretch Flow to Open Up Tight Hips. Great combo! I used my 10lb weighted vest for the first circuit, which consisted of fast squats, surrenders, sumo squats (I also grabbed a 6lb soft medicine ball for the second round of sumo squats), single leg squat to knee up, and jumping squats (three hops back and forth), I used the 6lb med ball for the statue of liberty move which also worked my grip (last time I used a 5 pound db), and I also used the WV for the knee up to reverse lunge on the high step, I used my bosu for the single leg burpee, but did the regular version for the burpee to superman extension, tough workout, as last Monday, I had to pause a couple of time to take a breather and shake those legs !

Tags
body revolution, body shred, check-in, jillian, jillian michaels