Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-14-19, 04:14 PM  
owltx

I just recently received Jessica Smith's Walk Strong (the 1st one - I know, I am way late to this party - typical for me). I have done the total boy and the abs 360 so far and have really enjoyed both. It is going to be nice to have these 30 minute options on deck for choices. I love her in general, and really enjoy her approach of balance, light cardio and strength she puts in her workouts. Glad I got it - though now it really makes we want Walk Strong 3.
Old 09-14-19, 05:48 PM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Moon View Post
Today I did Aimee Nicotera's 2 x 2 Conditioning Vol. 2. This was harder than I anticipated. Even though I chose mostly the mid intensity options, a couple of times I dropped back to the base move.

After I recovered from 2 x 2 Conditioning I did 2 segments of 10 Minute Solution Butt Lift: Cardio Booty Camp and HIIT Butt Lift. Good little workouts!
Do you like 2×2 Vol.2? I did it once, but can't get myself to do it again. Maybe I wil have to try it again.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 07:00 PM  
Verine
VF Supporter

Today I did Debra Bono's Afro-Caribbean Step. I didn't get all the moves the first time around, but I'm sure next time will be better. Although I only do step sporadically, I am going to keep this since there are so few step instructors who do dancey (as opposed to athletic) step anymore.

I also popped in Prevention Drop it with Dance and did a Joni O. I believe I only paid $2 for it, and I'm glad. The instructor was super corny and I didn't like the format. Instead of having a separate section where you can learn the steps, she had you learn them during the routine, so it was S-L-O-W. If there is no tutorial, I prefer to just jump right in, not repeat things a million times.
Verine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 07:10 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verine View Post
Today I did Debra Bono's Afro-Caribbean Step. I didn't get all the moves the first time around, but I'm sure next time will be better. Although I only do step sporadically, I am going to keep this since there are so few step instructors who do dancey (as opposed to athletic) step anymore.

I also popped in Prevention Drop it with Dance and did a Joni O. I believe I only paid $2 for it, and I'm glad. The instructor was super corny and I didn't like the format. Instead of having a separate section where you can learn the steps, she had you learn them during the routine, so it was S-L-O-W. If there is no tutorial, I prefer to just jump right in, not repeat things a million times.

I have three Debra Bono dvds I need to try. Thanks for the reminder!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 07:27 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
Do you like 2×2 Vol.2? I did it once, but can't get myself to do it again. Maybe I wil have to try it again.
I do like it, but cardio/weight circuit workouts are out of my comfort zone. I don't usually mix weights and cardio unless a strength workout moves at a pace in which my heart rate stays elevated. Aimee's Take 20 workouts are more my style, at least the two that I have (the original and Vol.3). I'm trying to diversify the type of workouts I do, but change is hard. Hard things make us stronger.

Edited to change cardio/strength circuit to cardio/weight circuit.
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 07:31 PM  
BunnyHop

I did the first workout in Jessica Smith's 21 day Walk On program. Cardio Core.
For whatever reason, I don't think I've ever done this one.

I liked it fine, I stuck to my recent 'work within my limits' resolution and avoided going at it too intensely. The twisty moves and the ones where you turn sideways to the screen were a challenge, and I mostly modified those to where I wasn't sideways, and wasn't twisting too intensely.

Otherwise a fine workout, and one I think I can do over and over.
Old 09-14-19, 07:40 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Moon View Post
After I recovered from 2 x 2 Conditioning I did 2 segments of 10 Minute Solution Butt Lift: Cardio Booty Camp and HIIT Butt Lift. Good little workouts!
The Butt Lift DVD is one of my favorites from the 10 Minute Solution series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verine View Post
Aw, I remember thinking this one was fun, until I looked up reviews one time. All the negative reviews put me off it a little.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-19, 06:29 AM  
buffmama

Grand Total vol 3 yesterday. The back said it used sliders but turns out that is vol 2. So vol 2 is on tap for this week.
Old 09-15-19, 12:16 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

For the first time (at least that I can remember) I did P90X+ Total Body this morning -- tough! Interesting moves and I know I will be sore tomorrow! Not sure if this will go into a regular rotation for a while or not.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-19, 06:52 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Bosu Total Body Blast... Wow... It was tough! I loved the integrated strenght portion, it was fun! Good workout, and a great challenge! Mindy's attitude was great, fun and encouraging.

I did Mindy's Burst from Bosu Xplode two weeks ago, and to be honest I don't know which one is harder! maybe Burst because it is intense cardio from start to finish. I didn't like her as much in Burst though, she seemed too pretentious imo, like she is the toughest, etc. I know she is tough and in excellent shape, but she kept saying it quite a bit and I though it was a bit too much, but still another good cardiovascular challenge.

Note: I always tear off the shrinkwrap of my new DVDs, to make sure they work properly Great thread!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins