Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-15, 12:25 PM  
katmom

I have used the Altra Torin for kickboxing, weight training, kettlebells, and athletic-style cardio conditioning (rope jumping, run in place, skaters, etc).
Old 03-12-15, 04:26 PM  
Stephanie_B

Love my Altras and Kalso Earth shoes. I can walk for hours with no pain from PF.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-15, 06:06 PM  
yahoo205

someone had recommended Altra on one of my other sneaker query threads. I do wish they looked as cool as Nikes.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-15, 06:25 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
someone had recommended Altra on one of my other sneaker query threads. I do wish they looked as cool as Nikes.
That's funny. That's often a comment people make in reviews, but I think all three types I own are super cute on my feet.

I even like the colors.

Sandy O
Old 03-13-15, 08:38 AM  
Michele S

Newtons
Old 03-13-15, 08:43 AM  
katmom

I only own the older Torin style, however, I like it. The Altra customer rep recommended the Torin based on my fitness activities on my foot type and gait (narrow and supinate). I will say the Altra's are still a bit wide for my foot so I changed the insoles.
Old 03-14-15, 05:48 PM  
Dobby
VF Supporter

I just got the newest Altra, the Provisioness Walk (I think that is the name). I have 5 other pr of Altras and this has the most cushioning of all. It also has more arch support than the lighter shoes. They are kind of a fake looking leather which sort of put me off but I was looking for something with a little more water resistance than the fabric Altras. Once I got them on I decided the material did not bother me.

I've walked 4 times, going 4 miles each time and they feel great. I think these run even smaller than the regular Altras. Normally I take an 11, but my left big toe touched the end of the 11s so I reordered in 12s and they are fine. Thank you Zappos!
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-15, 06:31 PM  
BunnyHop

Just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread!

I've been in need of something new, and was tempted to try the Altra Provisioness. (And thanks for the warning to try a larger size.)

Tags
cross trainers, jump rope, minimalist, minimalist shoes, sneakers