Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-08, 01:40 PM  
LovingLife
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbe
I think it would be great if Cathe (and other instructors) would use more VFers in their workouts. It would have been like a shark feeding-frenzy if Cathe had posted an offer for applications, though (and there would have been some really interesting threads about how disappointed people were that they weren't chosen ).

I don't know why they don't use VFers at least as a test group (or those from the Cathe website -- we can website hop as fast as little bunnies if need be ) -- but Chris has said how complicated it is to do a test group, blah, blah, blah, and even though it may not be completely scientifically controlled with us long distance, we could help with the process and enjoy being a part of it!

"I know you're tired, but jump higher!"
-- Cathe

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with Beachbody. For details, take a look at my profile or see my blog www.foodplusfitness.net .
LovingLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-08, 04:27 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I agree, Renee. I also think it would be great for SNM's marketing.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-08, 04:49 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Chris doesn't like VFers, judging from some of the emails he has sent them.

:rolleyes:

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-08, 08:43 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee
I vote that they take their time, film to their hearts' content and provide me with a home workout series that will stand the test of time and push me to my limits!
here here!!!! if it takes extra time... so be it... but i(we) spent $200 bucks on this... (not to mention what some are spending on additional equipment) so i'd rather get it later than sooner...... but have a GREAT product that i'll use over and over!!!! rather than something thrown together that i do once, then it sits on the shelf!
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-08, 08:46 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta

Seriously though, I prefer non-professional background exercisers in general. I find them more inspiring.
same here! (not to mention... what a slap in the face to the regular gals.... cuz if i remember correctly... didn't i read that they don't/didn't get paid???? now she's paying these so called fitness professionals????)

i say do like coach troy does in his spinervlas (and cathe always has done in the past) and use REAL people! (and yes... the paid cast are real people.... but you all know what i mean!)
Old 03-22-08, 08:48 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingLife

I don't know why they don't use VFers at least as a test group (or those from the Cathe website -- we can website hop as fast as little bunnies if need be ) -- but Chris has said how complicated it is to do a test group, blah, blah, blah, and even though it may not be completely scientifically controlled with us long distance, we could help with the process and enjoy being a part of it!

i take about 99.9% of what chris says with a grain of salt! lol!

ya.... it wouldn't have been hard to have a test group with STS... but they chose to not do it.... oh well.... in some ways... that's their loss!
Old 03-22-08, 08:53 PM  
LovingLife
VF Supporter

I actually would be kind of envious if they had had a test group (unless we were invited ) because they'd get to experience it first, which makes me sound kind of childish, I know ). I think it's going to be fun to be the first to try it out, let others know of our results and all that, even if we're not officially a test group.

"I know you're tired, but jump higher!"
-- Cathe

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with Beachbody. For details, take a look at my profile or see my blog www.foodplusfitness.net .
LovingLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-08, 09:07 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingLife
I actually would be kind of envious if they had had a test group (unless we were invited ) because they'd get to experience it first, which makes me sound kind of childish, I know ). I think it's going to be fun to be the first to try it out, let others know of our results and all that, even if we're not officially a test group.

no..... i know exactly what you mean! after all.... i was online before 9:00 (pacific) and chose 2nd day air (only cuz hubby would kill me is i chose overnight!) so i completely understand! i'm just thinking along the lines of p90x where they developed it.... made the workout... tested it... then filmed it... AND had test group peeps in the workouts! that would have been a cool thing if cathe had done that! not film the workout, then test it (keeping us video fanatics from it!!!!)
Old 03-23-08, 12:22 AM  
*pet*art*girl*
VF Supporter

Can I just say, the photos are thrilling, like teaser shots of a movie about Everest. I view them with the same shock and awe.

I am really looking forward to watching the extended clips on her web site to marvel at the workouts! But, are these for me? No way no how!

I'm totally inspired by Cathe and by the work that she continues to pump out, my cup of tea or not. She's like a real live action hero!!! But I'll be watching from the sidelines. I cheer on all of YOU who have ordered the set, and I'll look forward to your opinions, thoughts and feedback on it!

“Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion; you must first set yourself on fire.”
- Reggie Leach

“A big shot is a little shot that kept shooting” - Unknown
"I caught myself cheating! Shame on me!" - Cathe
*pet*art*girl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-08, 08:58 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl
(not to mention... what a slap in the face to the regular gals.... cuz if i remember correctly... didn't i read that they don't/didn't get paid???? now she's paying these so called fitness professionals????)
I thought of that too. Maybe things have changed, but in the past, I know the 'girls' got to keep the outfits they wore in the shoot, and were taken out to a nice after-filming dinner, but they didn't get paid. That was a while ago, though, so maybe they've gotten some sort of payment in more recent series.

Though I think it's unfair to call the newbies "so-called" fitness professionals. From their bio's, it looks like they are all pretty much certified personal trainers or something of that ilk.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote