Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-16-21, 07:36 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

VFers who have met in person

I’ve seen many references to meetings and get-togethers. I’m curious: who have you met in real life only because of the VF connection?

I haven’t met anyone, but I was hoping to meet Jackie and others at one of the CS clinics in Tulsa, then covid hit. Maybe someday.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-21, 09:49 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Christi Taylor and VF Trip (November 7th-9th, 2003!)

I met a number of Video Fitness folks on a trip we took to Sedona/Cottonwood Arizona. There were a number of activities. Dinner at Christi's the first night. A class with Christi where she taught at Los Abrigados Spa & Resort, the following day. Lunch at the Heartline Cafe, Hiking and other activities...shopping, sightseeing, etc. A video viewing party the evening of the second night. Last day was a Pink Jeep tour, hiking and lunch at Denny's before heading home!

I didn't meet everyone but there were a number of us...Barbara, Caroline, Celia, Jane C., Jane P., Loretta M., Mary W., Patti, Paula, Pratima, Sheila, Stephanie, Suzanne...just to name a few!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 12:48 AM  
Erica H.

I met one of my dearest friends through VF. She lives 15 minutes away from me and we've been good friends for over 16 1/2 years now! She's an amazing woman and I am so grateful for her friendship. I can't believe we met through VF! She is more family than friend to me, DH, and my kids.

I've met a few other VF members over the years as well. Some I met through Cathe's forum many years ago - they are local to me.

Oh, I forgot, I met one other woman IRL through VF! She lives out of state but was here with her DH and we all met at a baseball game one night. That was super fun! We've been FB friends for many years and it was great seeing her in person.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 03:16 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

on their vacays here, i met:
katalina (we usually walk around a nearby park when she is in town)
yogapam (have walked around ala moana park each time she visited)
mizach (same - walked around ala moana park and had an early dinner together)
iron betty (met at an open market and talked for hours!)

on my vacay to her city, i met Pratima. my family and i met her for breakfast.

i've spoken on the phone with Jennifer R - even traded with her too! i also spoke on the phone with Edie who lives on the same island as i do.

edited to add:
I've met shivacatfive in person - we live on the same island. met for drinks.

i also met another person and i honestly cannot remember her name, but we tried to meet at Gilad's studio when he used to teach classes. they cancelled w/o letting people know, so we left.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 06:07 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I've met a ton of VFers (including Wendy several times) and instructors at fitness conferences and other VF get-togethers. I think I'm the only one who still posts here though, other than maybe Nora from Canada. Oh! And Cleda!

Jackie B lives near me. We’ve met for breakfast a few times and I take online Essentrics classes from her 2-3 times a week.

Did you know that Brenda was a VFer and first met Cathe on a VF trip to Cathe's studio with us?
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 07:32 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I met one of my dearest friends through VF. She lives 15 minutes away from me and we've been good friends for over 16 1/2 years now! She's an amazing woman and I am so grateful for her friendship. I can't believe we met through VF! She is more family than friend to me, DH, and my kids.

Erica
That is so cool and exactly the kind of thing I hoped to hear!
_____
YADeb
Old 07-19-21, 07:39 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I am so tickled with these responses. This is what the internet should be. A big group hug to everyone!
_____
YADeb
Old 07-17-21, 08:58 AM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I met a number of Video Fitness folks on a trip we took to Sedona/Cottonwood Arizona. There were a number of activities. Dinner at Christi's the first night. A class with Christi where she taught at Los Abrigados Spa & Resort, the following day. Lunch at the Heartline Cafe, Hiking and other activities...shopping, sightseeing, etc. A video viewing party the evening of the second night. Last day was a Pink Jeep tour, hiking and lunch at Denny's before heading home!

I didn't meet everyone but there were a number of us...Barbara, Caroline, Celia, Jane C., Jane P., Loretta M., Mary W., Patti, Paula, Pratima, Sheila, Stephanie, Suzanne...just to name a few!
That was a super fun trip! Can’t believe it was 18 years ago.
Old 07-17-21, 09:35 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I've met many VFers over the years! We used to have SoCal get-togethers at the IDEA fitness conventions. Then we'd meet up at someone's house and preview different videos folks had brought. We did in-person trades and exchanges! The majority of these members are no longer on VF.

DH and I do road trips every year and I've met VFers on the way for lunch or a hike or dinner. I have a few former VFers as friends on FaceBook. One is also a pen pal!

I have to think that the days of big VF get-togethers are long over. Except maybe for Cathe's Road Trips.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 10:03 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I don't remember the exact year, maybe 2002. My 20ish DD wanted to go to the Experience Music Project in Seattle. I posted about that, and 4 Seattle VFers arranged to meet us for lunch one day and then we went shopping for videos! Not DVDs LOL. I think KarenJo is the only who who still comes here. Haven't seen Renee, Loretta, or Tami here for years.

Then, years later, in 2015, I met one of my check-in buddies in person in NYC. We had arranged to meet and go to a cafe after we realized that our separate trips to NYC would be the same week. I was there on a choir trip and she was there to visit family.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vf get-together, vf love